moz veg attitude

junkpile

it's time that some of ya'll spit their knowledge again:

if i look at pics of the mozzer, i mostly see him wearing leather shoes, was he asked about it? is it real leather or does he wear some artificial stuff? if it's original, well, he's not eatin but wearing dead animals.

( there are also pics him wearing leather jackets,....etc)

Simply stated....you do what you can, when you can. Something is better than nothing. I don't condone it, but I guess I understand, sadly understood. Do I think its hypocritical? Yes, I guess so..i to am guilty, but do so much more than anyone i know for the wellbeing of animals. Whether its vegetarianism, animal "rescue" etc....its all forward progression. I guess people deal with things in their own ways, and to be "knit-picky" is kind of irreverent. Not to say that you are, but there seems to be a pattern of people always trying to find "something else," whenever someone sticks there neck out for something other than the norm.

Oh Lord this again.I`m veggie have been all my life but i have a leather handbag!!:eek: Milk cows that have died of old age are often used for leather.Not all cows are killed for their meat.How do i know that my bag was such a cow?I don`t but I do my best.I don`t eat meat,I buy free range eggs,support animal charities and anti-vivisection groups-so I`m at peace with myself much like Morrissey probably is.

He was asked about wearing leather shoes in the early eighties, and he said it was unfortunately unavoidable due to the lack of alternatives. Nowadays he pretty much wears synthetic alternatives the whole time as far as I know. I read an interview once where he mentioned that he'd bought a couple of 'pleather' jackets, and people had left messages stuck his car like 'hypocrite!', so he jacked that one in.

i´ve said it before and i´ll say it again: plastic (=pleather) shoes suck and even thow i am almost vegan i refuse to wear those stuffy athletes foot traps. until they come up with something breathable i will refuse to wear chinese 10 euro plastic tortures devices.

Moz does now wear vegan shoes/belts whatever...
i'm sure he didnt in his younger days but as we all know its a gradual thing,
I used to think it was ok, but now the sight of a leather bag or a shoe shop turns my stomach.

and i hope this wont cause an argument, but i know that cows that are killed for leather are not also used for meat and vice versa, (same with the milk thing) there are two seperate 'batches'.

*shudders*

Moz does now wear vegan shoes/belts whatever...
i'm sure he didnt in his younger days but as we all know its a gradual thing,
I used to think it was ok, but now the sight of a leather bag or a shoe shop turns my stomach.

and i hope this wont cause an argument, but i know that cows that are killed for leather are not also used for meat and vice versa, (same with the milk thing) there are two seperate 'batches'.

*shudders*
there are no separate batches! only in india do they use cows only for leather because they don´t eat them for religious reasons but anywhere else they are certainly eaten. and leather does not only come from cows.
if one buys anything made in china it could very well also be cat and dog leather...

i´ve said it before and i´ll say it again: plastic (=pleather) shoes suck and even thow i am almost vegan i refuse to wear those stuffy athletes foot traps. until they come up with something breathable i will refuse to wear chinese 10 euro plastic tortures devices.

you don't have a good place to buy i guess. i buy my shoes from mooshoes in NYC. they have an online website people can order from though i would personally want to try shoes on. My shoes are awesome. stylish and comfortable. and expensive. a long ways from Payless Shoe Store.

I wont disagree with you there...
how is dog or cat leather any worse than bovine leather? its all still unnecessary and horrible.
And in the UK they definatly do not always use meat carcasses for leather too and vice versa.

morrissey wears fake leather...this is now fact. why can't people assume it's fake, that the man doesn't want to walk around in birkenstocks and hemp shoes. i mean geez people. what else is there to wear? the shoes are going to look like leather, because it does look good. shiny and all.

;) ;)

you don't have a good place to buy i guess. i buy my shoes from mooshoes in NYC. they have an online website people can order from though i would personally want to try shoes on. My shoes are awesome. stylish and comfortable. and expensive. a long ways from Payless Shoe Store.

naaa - here in austria you can't buy any decent non leather shoes. the market is flooded with cheap crap plastic shoes. I tried them - and threw them away almost new. I cannot understand how people can wear them. my feet were litteraly broiling in them. and the above mentioned medical problem did indeed develop....

ordering shoes online is pretty tricky. I ordered a very expensive pleather jacket from vegetarian shoes once and that was too large - and the material is weird too - its not soft at all - it's so stiff. in that case, the cheap plastic jacket from the chinese store was the better deal, I must say.

I wont disagree with you there...
how is dog or cat leather any worse than bovine leather? its all still unnecessary and horrible.
And in the UK they definatly do not always use meat carcasses for leather too and vice versa.

if you see a video on how cats and dogs are treated and killed in china then you'll know why it's worse. but yes, it's all awful - no matter what animal. but chinese cats and dogs versus cows is like the truly unspeakably horrendously horrbile versus the horrible.

naaa - here in austria you can't buy any decent non leather shoes. the market is flooded with cheap crap plastic shoes. I tried them - and threw them away almost new. I cannot understand how people can wear them. my feet were litteraly broiling in them. and the above mentioned medical problem did indeed develop....

ordering shoes online is pretty tricky. I ordered a very expensive pleather jacket from vegetarian shoes once and that was too large - and the material is weird too - its not soft at all - it's so stiff. in that case, the cheap plastic jacket from the chinese store was the better deal, I must say.

did you wear the jacket...because a lot of fake leather is stiff at first and needs to be broken into.

did you wear the jacket...because a lot of fake leather is stiff at first and needs to be broken into.
:confused: I've been wearing fake leather jackets and skirts for years, there are not stiff at all. The funniest thing is that people can't even tell the difference between fake and real leather, I always have to restrain myself from laughing when people comment on my 'leather' jacket. It's black and shiny and actually looks better than any of the real leather jackets I've seen in stores. Not to mention that it was much, much cheaper. :)

:confused: I've been wearing fake leather jackets and skirts for years, there are not stiff at all. The funniest thing is that people can't even tell the difference between fake and real leather, I always have to restrain myself from laughing when people comment on my 'leather' jacket. It's black and shiny and actually looks better than any of the real leather jackets I've seen in stores. Not to mention that it was much, much cheaper. :)

well, I don't know why - but a girl I know bought the same jacket from vegetarian shoes a year earlier and hers is thick and very soft. so I wanted one too - and got a thin, stiff and ugly one. oh well. I get all the winners....

you should have sent it back Lili, fake leather doenst have that smell of death either. *shudders*

it is hard if you cannot go and actually caress the items/try them on,
i'd love to get some from these peeps, but quite expensive, (they do however let you choose any fabric on any design) and i think they'd be worth the price, i'll give my personal verdict if i ever get any.
http://www.beyondskin.co.uk/html/home.php

you should have sent it back Lili, fake leather doenst have that smell of death either. *shudders*

it is hard if you cannot go and actually caress the items/try them on,
i'd love to get some from these peeps, but quite expensive, (they do however let you choose any fabric on any design) and i think they'd be worth the price, i'll give my personal verdict if i ever get any.
http://www.beyondskin.co.uk/html/home.php

I know - I was too greedy to pay the postage again to exchange it. they charge so much at vegetarian shoes - 10 pounds per item - it's robbery.

if they ever open up a shop here and I can try these things on first I will ditch the leather shoes.

Back
Top Bottom