Odd Moz

dizzywhore_1804

A big-nose who knows...
So last Saturday I was out for my birthday, at a club called GHETTO in London.

Me and my mates were dancing the night away to Blondie with our oh-so-sophisticated alcopops in hand, when what comes on but 'This Charming Man'.
Obviously I force myself to the stage and begin to do the most godawful Morrisseyesque dancing you've ever seen.

I was saddened when I realised the song intro that was fading in underneath Moz's delighful cry of "He knows so much about these things..." was none other than the immortal Spice Girls with 'Spice Up Your Life'. Very bizarre.

What's the weirdest example you have of listening to Moz/The Smiths unexpectedly?

Back in my clubbing days, I often got fooled into thinking that awful "Hippie Chick" song w/ the "How Soon Is Now?" intro was the real deal, then fled the dance floor in a furor!

The mashup of Eminem vs. This Charming Man makes me want to run away screaming. It's not even well-mixed! I like Eminem, and I like Morrissey, but they are NOT two great tastes that taste great together!

--jeniphir

Last edited:
Back in my clubbing days, I often got fooled into thinking that awful "Hippie Chick" song w/ the "How Soon Is Now?" intro was the real deal, then fled the dance floor in a furor!

Can't tell you how many times that damn song got my hopes up and then dashed them again... a few weeks ago I was listening to Fred on XM, and they were doing their "One Revolution Around the Sun" show where they play only songs from one year for an hour. It was 1990 (or 1991?) and among all the other great songs they played "Hippie Chick-" but not without the DJ mentioning that exact phenomenon!

BTW, in glancing at the main forums list page to see what was new, I misread this thread title as, "Old Moz" and my first thought was, "Lay off my Old Moz. I love him this way..." LOL!

I was saddened when I realised the song intro that was fading in underneath Moz's delighful cry of "He knows so much about these things..." was none other than the immortal Spice Girls with 'Spice Up Your Life'. Very bizarre.

Sounds great to me !

Back
Top Bottom