Lololololololololololololololololol

Well I congratulate you on being able to differentiate between words on a screen, words on a piece of paper, words down a length of cable and words in your ear. But they're still coming from another human being.

It's a very simplistic view and a specious point. If a friend sent you an email, or perhaps even posted something complimentary about you on this very forum you'd take it seriously.

If you did regard the forum in that way, you wouldn't use it.

What exactly have people done that would suggest they're taking it too seriously? No one's murdered anyone over Solo. They just act with further "Words on a screen".

Yeh but they are a friend, and therefore someone I would know in real life, so of course if they send me an email calling me a derogatory name then I will be offended by it. If someone I've never met, am very likely to never meet and know very little about calls me a derogatory name then why would that ever bother me? It just wouldn't. I would say that you can become friends with somebody you meet online, but ony when you have been talking to them on a personal basis for a while, so that you actually know things about them, and therefore what they say becomes more personal to you. Other than that they are just a faceless name on a website, the 'human' aspect is removed.

People put people on 'ignore' is one such example of people taking things just a tad too seriously, don't you think? Another is whole essays with regards to the actions of the mods here. I mean, seriously, how can something with so little importance bother someone so much to do that?

Yeh but they are a friend, and therefore someone I would know in real life, so of course if they send me an email calling me a derogatory name then I will be offended by it. If someone I've never met, am very likely to never meet and know very little about calls me a derogatory name then why would that ever bother me? It just wouldn't. I would say that you can become friends with somebody you meet online, but ony when you have been talking to them on a personal basis for a while, so that you actually know things about them, and therefore what they say becomes more personal to you. Other than that they are just a faceless name on a website, the 'human' aspect is removed.

People put people on 'ignore' is one such example of people taking things just a tad too seriously, don't you think? Another is whole essays with regards to the actions of the mods here. I mean, seriously, how can something with so little importance bother someone so much to do that?

While I agree with you on not taking things too seriously because it's just a forum, I think the mods take things far too seriously. They censor insults, swear words etc as if it is real life and people will truly get offended by some comments from miles away. Forums are made for debate and insults etc are bound to happen.

I wouldn't dare create another thread on SoLow. Did you know there are also SEVEN YEAR BANS?

No, I'm gonna mostly stick to the General Forum, and just post about how fab Mozza and his new album are in reply to Worm, and play that "Years of Refusal" game. (But Kewpie is hostile to calling Morrissey "Moz", "Mozza", etc! So she might ban me for that too! Even though I borrow "Mozza" from Kirsty MacColl....)

Anyway, I thought this thread needed the Theo Factor in the mix, but now I'm scared I'm a target again. :eek:

Mozzer says it himself :lbf:
ejworc.gif

While I agree with you on not taking things too seriously because it's just a forum, I think the mods take things far too seriously. They censor insults, swear words etc as if it is real life and people will truly get offended by some comments from miles away. Forums are made for debate and insults etc are bound to happen.

not all the mods, and that is not a dig at Kewpie. I frankly could not care who swears and lets face it really although swearing is not big or clever most of us do it.

Putting people on ignore is pathetic.

But complaints abouts mods i.e. Kewpie are fair enough. When do you think you have the right to complain about the poor running of a service, only when the it's one you've paid for, or when people are paid for managing it?

Yeah, f*** it it's only a forum and the worst she's done to me is move or merge a few of my threads without reading past the title. The point is though, that it's a single incompetent person taking these actions. Of course she's not an MP or anything so what she does shouldn't affect me. But she's still annoying; it's the attitude of being crap but untouchable, a jobsworth, power hungry even. You mention it being a volentary role. In that case why the need for such ridiculously nitpicking, censoring words and such?

Overall though I feel users of any service should have the right to offer feedback on its running instead of voting with their feet. And in this case there isn't an alternative Morrissey forum.

Last edited:
Well, I'd kind of like your input when I start an "Obamunist" thread...
or should I call it "trickle up poverty?" OK I'm going to bed now.

The policy agenda of Obama and his administration of tax cheats is so upsetting it's hard to post about it. Lots of Industrial Midwest Obama voters I run into are wondering what they have brought to our country and its future, though they're still trying hard to hope for the best (they don't wanna think their emotional need to vote for Obama just because it made them feel good about themselves to vote for someone with dark skin was a massive blunder).

But reportedly Obama's staff is busy in the bowels of the White House orchestrating a scapegoating campaign against Rush Limbaugh, to distract the masses as they put the pedal to the metal on the wealth destruction and socialization of America. (I was wondering why Obamatrons in chat have suddenly started going on about Rush at me, even though I rarely ever hear Rush's show myself. Oh, I see now -- they're still being led around by their noses by Democrat strategists).

Yes, make a talk radio host your new bogeyman as you feast on $165 Wagyu steaks in the White House, Obama. And keep telling us how the latest busted tax cheat amongst your peeps has promised to pay back the thousands he just realized he owes.

Dear Lord! The jack-asses in the White House (from the Clinton administration, to the Bush administration, and now to the Obama administration) keep getting WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. But what do you expect when you elect Rev. Jeremiah Wright's best pal and the endorser of Governor Blagojevich?

I knew Obama was lying when he promised earmark reform in the debates (he'd cut out pork "line by line", he swore!) and now it's proven he's a liar. But, hey, he's still black! (Or, um, half-black...)

I must now declare I made a mistake voting Libertarian over McCain, though I had some good reasons at the time......

Keep enjoying your $165 Steaks, Obama.....

040816_WagyuRibSteak_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

But make no mistake: The American taxpayers will rise up!

Anyway, if I see such a thread from you, Trouble, I'll have your back. We must stand strong till the 2010 elections. Till then, at least the most loony Obama cultists around here are no longer posting threads about how "hot" Obama is.....

Last edited:
P.S. Trouble: Wanna be my neighbor in Wyoming? I may have to get a ranch there and live out my years with some dogs and my own personal arsenal of guns. :gun:

My point is if that the mods were volunteers then let them do what they like. They take the time to moderate the forum, which I doubt is all fun, so to be honest I couldn't care less if they fancy a bit of power and all. If they were getting paid then you could demand the job to be done fairly and properly, but they aren't, right?

I don't get your point. So no one should comment on a moderator when that moderator keeps doing crazy things? As I've always said, if Kewpie just once in awhile indicated that she was listening to critiricisms and was trying to better herself as a moderator, I'd probably never attack her at all. It's the automatic rejection of all criticism and never learning from her mistakes that bugs me the most, and suggests she has "gone rogue" -- a troll with mod powers.

dear theo

do you want to win the war in afghanistan and stop them(the taliaban) from getting atomic weapons*?
if so, support obama, he is more committed to victory over the forces of evil then any republican since ike
trust me, i know where of i speak :straightface:

*=if we lose kabul, we will lose pakistan and they have nukes!

My point is if that the mods were volunteers then let them do what they like. They take the time to moderate the forum, which I doubt is all fun, so to be honest I couldn\'t care less if they fancy a bit of power and all. If they were getting paid then you could demand the job to be done fairly and properly, but they aren\'t, right?

Hitler was a volunteer.

So it was all ok.

The policy agenda of Obama and his administration of tax cheats is so upsetting it's hard to post about it. Lots of Industrial Midwest Obama voters I run into are wondering what they have brought to our country and its future, though they're still trying hard to hope for the best (they don't wanna think their emotional need to vote for Obama just because it made them feel good about themselves to vote for someone with dark skin was a massive blunder).

But reportedly Obama's staff is busy in the bowels of the White House orchestrating a scapegoating campaign against Rush Limbaugh, to distract the masses as they put the pedal to the metal on the wealth destruction and socialization of America. (I was wondering why Obamatrons in chat have suddenly started going on about Rush at me, even though I rarely ever hear Rush's show myself. Oh, I see now -- they're still being led around by their noses by Democrat strategists).

Yes, make a talk radio host your new bogeyman as you feast on $165 Wagyu steaks in the White House, Obama. And keep telling us how the latest busted tax cheat amongst your peeps has promised to pay back the thousands he just realized he owes.

Dear Lord! The jack-asses in the White House (from the Clinton administration, to the Bush administration, and now to the Obama administration) keep getting WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. But what do you expect when you elect Rev. Jeremiah Wright's best pal and the endorser of Governor Blagojevich?

I knew Obama was lying when he promised earmark reform in the debates (he'd cut out pork "line by line", he swore!) and now it's proven he's a liar. But, hey, he's still black! (Or, um, half-black...)

I must now declare I made a mistake voting Libertarian over McCain, though I had some good reasons at the time......

Keep enjoying your $165 Steaks, Obama.....

040816_WagyuRibSteak_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

But make no mistake: The American taxpayers will rise up!

Anyway, if I see such a thread from you, Trouble, I'll have your back. We must stand strong till the 2010 elections. Till then, at least the most loony Obama cultists around here are no longer posting threads about how "hot" Obama is.....

I agree with all of it.
There was probably Ecstasy in the Kool Aid last November.

P.S. Trouble: Wanna be my neighbor in Wyoming? I may have to get a ranch there and live out my years with some dogs and my own personal arsenal of guns. :gun:

Yeah Theo, I'll be your neighbor.
I too have an arsenal...and you can play with my German Shepherd.

Some Germans were actually just thinking "We could do with someone running this place for a while, making sure everyone doesn't swear too much and stuff". Hitler was just walking past and went "I'll do it!"

And that's exactly how Hitler got into power in Germany. The end.

Some Germans were actually just thinking "We could do with someone running this place for a while, making sure everyone doesn't swear too much and stuff". Hitler was just walking past and went "I'll do it!"

And that's exactly how Hitler got into power in Germany. The end.

Haha. That's probably exactly what LukaInExile thinks.

and got to the rank of Corporal.

well, honestly, i was an e-4 pretty quickly which is the equivalent of corporal
so really anybody can get that pretty quick and actually hitler only got it after he was in a trench line that received and repulsed a frontal attack
and actually this personal experience is likely what won the allies the war
because basically hitler believed that the Wehrmacht should never give ground
because well, he could not see beyond the trenchline
which was a shame for Deutschland since the Panzer Corps ability to blitzkrieg and counter attack was based on movement and manuvure*

*=this is probably above your head, which is ok, i did learn from West Pointers :lbf:

Tags
offensive tag
Back
Top Bottom