Lololololololololololololololololol

Aren't the moderators on this forum all volunteers, doing it for no money? That was the impression I always had.

Regardless, I LOL my head off at how much some people care about a forum, and the actions of some people on it.

Aren't the moderators on this forum all volunteers, doing it for no money? That was the impression I always had.

Regardless, I LOL my head off at how much some people care about a forum, and the actions of some people on it.

There you go, buddy.

I thought I'd be nice and quote you; so that all of the people who have put you on ignore can read it.

Well could you quote this too, please:

"How pathetic a person do you have to be to ignore somebody who disagrees with you over the Internet? Do you simply accept that my post is probably going to make you look stupid, so choose to pretend it never happened?"

Fanks! :)

Well could you quote this too, please:

"How pathetic a person do you have to be to ignore somebody who disagrees with you over the Internet? Do you simply accept that my post is probably going to make you look stupid, so choose to pretend it never happened?"

Fanks! :)

hello, you

e

I'm not sure I understand you. Are you suggesting it's a clear point in the mods' favor that they put all this work in as unpaid volunteers?

To the contrary, I think it should raise eyebrows about them. Because it suggests they are people who get so off on wielding power over others that they will do the job for FREE.

It's like someone who gets involved in government and tries to suggest that he/she could be making gazillions in the private sector but is sacrificing all that because he/she wants to do good things for people. Couldn't it also be that that person desires power over others a bit too much?

I don't think anyone could seriously argue that, for example, Kewpie as a moderator makes SoLow a better forum. She has contempt for the people she serves! (She's aware she's supposed to SERVE us, right?) So why does she put in so many hours moderating? You think for benevolent reasons? I suspect otherwise.....

EDIT: I will say that there's at least one mod (UncleSkinny - despite my clashes with him) whom I believe volunteered for benevolent reasons. It would be cool with me if he were designated as the mod of the Pigsty, and the other mods had no powers here.

Last edited:
Theo, you should start a new thread with your J-Board idea.

I wouldn't dare create another thread on SoLow. Did you know there are also SEVEN YEAR BANS?

No, I'm gonna mostly stick to the General Forum, and just post about how fab Mozza and his new album are in reply to Worm, and play that "Years of Refusal" game. (But Kewpie is hostile to calling Morrissey "Moz", "Mozza", etc! So she might ban me for that too! Even though I borrow "Mozza" from Kirsty MacColl....)

Anyway, I thought this thread needed the Theo Factor in the mix, but now I'm scared I'm a target again. :eek:

Last edited:

I don't see it like that. They're also capable of acting like pricks in real life, except most the time they wouldn't have the balls or the chance to play up.

I take people's behaviour on forums more serious than soap operas for example, because they're real people and displaying their real traits. Whereas other people don't use forums but will shout at the telly.

Everyone talks about taking the internet too seriously, but if everyone on it was allowed to act like children all the time you wouldn't use it. I hang around with people my own age in real life, but unfortunately membership to forums doesn't require a mental age test.

Last edited:
I wouldn't dare create another thread on SoLow. Did you know there are also SEVEN YEAR BANS?

No, I'm gonna mostly stick to the General Forum, and just post about how fab Mozza and his new album are in reply to Worm, and play that "Years of Refusal" game. (But Kewpie is hostile to calling Morrissey "Moz", "Mozza", etc! So she might ban me for that too! Even though I borrow "Mozza" from Kirsty MacColl....)

Anyway, I thought this thread needed the Theo Factor in the mix, but now I'm scared I'm a target again. :eek:

Seven year bans??? NOooo way. That's crazy.

Well, I'd kind of like your input when I start an "Obamunist" thread...
or should I call it "trickle up poverty?" OK I'm going to bed now.

Seven year bans??? NOooo way. That's crazy.

Well, I'd kind of like your input when I start an "Obamunist" thread...
or should I call it "trickle up poverty?" OK I'm going to bed now.

I laughed

My point is if that the mods were volunteers then let them do what they like. They take the time to moderate the forum, which I doubt is all fun, so to be honest I couldn't care less if they fancy a bit of power and all. If they were getting paid then you could demand the job to be done fairly and properly, but they aren't, right?

I really don't think many people are showing their true traits on a forum. I could easily act completely different under a different username, and nobody here would be any the wiser. So yeh, really anybody could act in any way. Anyway, surely most people are more 'real' than the characters of a soap opera, so I would really hope that you do take them more serious, because otherwise you'd be partially mental.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I just got a warning by none other than Kewpie because of this post with the red X

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=58155&page=183

I am to not say the word again outside of this subforum or I will be banned.... Does everyone else get warnings/threats for posting bard words outside of The 'Sty??? I thought it was only when attacking others... all I did there was agree with someone.... :confused:

I bet anyone $100 it has to do with the Pigsty thread in the Site Feedback forum... :rolleyes:

Muthaf***in ridiculous! & Pathetic Shit!

PS: JasonLemming is hawt... too bad he posted those pics after I made my top 5 solow guys ranking :/ Top 1 & 2 will be announced later today yayyy!.. and OMG my new Avi rocks <33333

____________​

I got a warning for saying f***. It's f***ing ridiculous.

vwxug2.gif

My point is if that the mods were volunteers then let them do what they like. They take the time to moderate the forum, which I doubt is all fun, so to be honest I couldn't care less if they fancy a bit of power and all. If they were getting paid then you could demand the job to be done fairly and properly, but they aren't, right?

I really don't think many people are showing their true traits on a forum. I could easily act completely different under a different username, and nobody here would be any the wiser. So yeh, really anybody could act in any way. Anyway, surely most people are more 'real' than the characters of a soap opera, so I would really hope that you do take them more serious, because otherwise you'd be partially mental.

The voice of reason. Well said Paedo :thumb:

Superhans are you English? :)

Well I congratulate you on being able to differentiate between words on a screen, words on a piece of paper, words down a length of cable and words in your ear. But they're still coming from another human being.

It's a very simplistic view and a specious point. If a friend sent you an email, or perhaps even posted something complimentary about you on this very forum you'd take it seriously.

If you did regard the forum in that way, you wouldn't use it.

What exactly have people done that would suggest they're taking it too seriously? No one's murdered anyone over Solo. They just act with further "Words on a screen".

Last edited:
Well I congratulate you on being able to differentiate between words on a screen, words on a piece of paper, words down a length of cable and words in your ear. But they're still coming from another human being.

It's a very simplistic view and a specious point. If a friend sent you an email, or perhaps even posted something complimentary about you on this very forum you'd take it seriously.

If you did regard the forum in that way, you wouldn't use it.

What exactly have people done that would suggest they're taking it too seriously? No one's murdered anyone over Solo. They just act with further "Words on a screen".

Ok I see your point...I guess. All I can say is I personally do not get offended by comments, insults, opinions on an internet forum as they are usually not friends who write them just faceless names of people I am never likely to meet.
Loads of people take this place too seriously...you don't need me to show you examples of this surely?

Vic Reeves made a comment in an interview recently ....

"Someone once said you should never read your own reviews because the good ones are nice but there’ll always be bad ones too. I’ve extended that to cover forums on the internet as well, because the only people who post messages on forums seem to be filled with terrible hatred."

Tags
offensive tag
Back
Top Bottom