Whose DJ set would you most like to see?

Moz-related DJ I'd most like to see...

• Andy Rourke

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Gary Day

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Joyce Michael

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Maurice E

Sounds like Gary Day's the latest Moz-related musician to hit the DJ trail.
But who would you most like to see/hear?

Gary sounds like he plays interesting music from what I've seen of the posters, the other two seem to play pretty standard indie sets - boring.

i've seen andy play back in 2005. i loved the variety of stuff he had. i wish he would come back soon.

gary was in los angeles this past weekend, but i wasnt able to see him.

Andy's ofcourse, I guess he plays much music from Manchester bands,
while Gary would spin a lot of Rock - a Billy I guess.

and who the f*** is Joyce Micheal?

i wouldn't really be that keen to see any of them playing some records. why would anybody?

I also think that going from musician to DJ is a big step down, but I thought that was due to my being American.

sure we have DJ's but I thought maybe in the UK a DJ had more status, because DJ's are associated with dance music, and even though we probably started it, you guys took it more seriously as a popular thing. It was totally underground here, but then people that are only know to hardcore dance music people in the US wind up producing records for the biggest pop stars in the UK.

So I thought because you people are into that, maybe someone spinning records meant more to you.

None of these people are known for being a DJ though. They are celebrities, sort of, that people want to go see really only because they are associated with Morrissey, and as much I think he is the cat's pajama's, I am not too sure I would want to hear his DJ set.

So really it's all novelty.

Course I don't know what I'm talking about but it's the Internet, what do you want?

I also think that going from musician to DJ is a big step down, but I thought that was due to my being American.

sure we have DJ's but I thought maybe in the UK a DJ had more status, because DJ's are associated with dance music, and even though we probably started it, you guys took it more seriously as a popular thing. It was totally underground here, but then people that are only know to hardcore dance music people in the US wind up producing records for the biggest pop stars in the UK.

So I thought because you people are into that, maybe someone spinning records meant more to you.

None of these people are known for being a DJ though. They are celebrities, sort of, that people want to go see really only because they are associated with Morrissey, and as much I think he is the cat's pajama's, I am not too sure I would want to hear his DJ set.

So really it's all novelty.

Course I don't know what I'm talking about but it's the Internet, what do you want?

I think you are right. It's sort of a step up from doing a PA in a nightclub really. Just an excuse for people to come and gawp at the ex-famous person. I've heard most of these celebrity DJs use tapes anyway.

Whoever told you they use tapes was wrong. And yes I do believe part of the attraction is to be able to get close to someone that is famous...The good thing is we are able to listen to the songs that influenced them. How many bands have you started listening to because Moz pointed them out? How many people got into Rockabilly or Psychobilly because of the band? Don't tell me everyone was listening to The New York Dolls right from the get go.

[...] How many bands have you started listening to because Moz pointed them out? How many people got into Rockabilly or Psychobilly because of the band? Don't tell me everyone was listening to The New York Dolls right from the get go.

i bought the primitives first l.p., in 1986, and went to see them live, once. they were awful though. his taste in music is rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom