Morrissey Central "WIKIPEDIA omits Jane Birkin’s appearance at Morrissey’s Melt-down in 2004" (July 17, 2023)

IMG_9062.jpeg

(Roll on the jokes about Morrissey’s melt-down in 2023)

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on MozCentral, this is truly laughable.

First: How did find that out? Did you rummage through the Internet for Morrissey/Birkin mentions and then found that Wikipedia had no mention of it? Wikipedia of all things is not complete? Write about it yourself...
And are we now so far that we not only have to highlight every mini mention, but also every non-mention? I really hope that at some point it will come out that MCentral is a comedy project just to troll everyone
My guess is that M went down a rabbit-hole of reminiscing about Jane Birkin, which led to Melt-down, and perhaps to remind himself of it he consulted Wikipedia. It was nearly twenty years ago, after all. He was probably saddneed by her not being mentioned. Of course, I'm hugely giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

Last edited:
Non-story but a typical M Central post. Does Morrissey really care? I can get he'll be a tad upset but this unnecessary outburst are pointless. He should focus on what really matters, which is getting the music promoted, focus on the success of the gigs and build on his audience in the hope of getting a record deal.

As for the record deal, or lack of one, there must be some indie label that wants a big name like him. I wonder if he would consider those, and whether it might be worth him looking overseas - other than the US/UK - to get a deal. There must be something among all this nothing.

My guess is that M went down a rabbit-hole of reminiscing about Jane Birkin, which led to Melt-down, and perhaps to remind himself of it he consulted Wikipedia. It was nearly twenty years ago, after all. He was probably saddneed by her not being mentioned. Of course, I'm hugely giving him the benefit of the doubt here.
I think it's obviously most likely what happened.
I see no "conspiracy theories" (??) or outbursts here.

He was somewhat upset it was missing and mentioned it on Central, and someone here has now kindly fixed it. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Non-story but a typical M Central post. Does Morrissey really care? I can get he'll be a tad upset but this unnecessary outburst are pointless. He should focus on what really matters, which is getting the music promoted, focus on the success of the gigs and build on his audience in the hope of getting a record deal.

As for the record deal, or lack of one, there must be some indie label that wants a big name like him. I wonder if he would consider those, and whether it might be worth him looking overseas - other than the US/UK - to get a deal. There must be something among all this nothing.

As the Capitol deal excluded the UK, I thought he could sign for any label that wants him here.

Jesus, use someone's death to promote YOUR name? Oh wait, we're talking about Morrissey here, so nevermind.

FOR ME, The Irish Times found the right description:
"He’s bruised and unbowed – yet somehow small and sad too. The diehards love it. The problem for Morrissey is that, nowadays, only the diehards seem to care."

To search Google or Wikipedia for his own Birkin connection is "small and sad".

yes SER does seem to miss the point of a wiki - anyone can update!

Yes, exactly! It's not a faceless monolithic corporation, it's made up of all of us adding information! Moz only has his own fans to blame for this shocking omission. Embarrassing.

"Next week’s issue of NME (June 16) will come with a one-off CD compiled by the legend from his own record collection, including tracks from Franz Ferdinand, Libertines, New York Dolls, Sparks and The Slits.

‘Songs To Save Your Life’ will also feature The Ordinary Boys, The Killers and Gene."

Is the tracklist of this available somewhere, does anyone know?
I have that CD. Must dig it out for my next drive. Great compilation.

Moz should be basking in the glory of his two outstanding Dublin concerts, where he was welcomed like a God, in a scene reminiscent of See Threepio levitating in front of the Ewoks in Return Of The Moz. Ehh not comparing us Irish to Ewoks although we have fought off imperial forces with little more than sticks and hatchets and stolen speeder-bikes.

He shouldn't be focusing his attention and energy on conspiracy theories and wiki omissions. He should sue Capitol for not releasing Bonfire and should release it and Without Music on a smaller indie label.

c3po-god-with-ewoks-in-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi.jpeg

As the Capitol deal excluded the UK, I thought he could sign for any label that wants him here.
Any UK release would be subject to certain conditions determined by Capitol. Record companies tend to have these things covered and don’t generally leave themselves open to being screwed over: they leave the latter prospect to the artists. Especially the ones who think they don’t need managers.

Yes, exactly! It's not a faceless monolithic corporation, it's made up of all of us adding information! Moz only has his own fans to blame for this shocking omission. Embarrassing.

Blow-by-blow instructions here to amend Wikipedia pages, one list for unprotected pages and the other for where permission must be sought - https://www.wikihow.com/Edit-a-Page-in-Wikipedia

The New York Times obituary doesn't mention Meltdown either -https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/16/arts/music/jane-birkin-french-icon.html

I do hope there's a recent record in the Wikipedia log for Jane Birkin's article of someone repeatedly trying to add a reference to Morrissey and getting the edit reversed.

Good God, Morrissey Central is beyond crap. Morrissey's precious narcissism is most unattractive.

Moz should be basking in the glory of his two outstanding Dublin concerts, where he was welcomed like a God, in a scene reminiscent of See Threepio levitating in front of the Ewoks in Return Of The Moz. Ehh not comparing us Irish to Ewoks although we have fought off imperial forces with little more than sticks and hatchets and stolen speeder-bikes.

He shouldn't be focusing his attention and energy on conspiracy theories and wiki omissions. He should sue Capitol for not releasing Bonfire and should release it and Without Music on a smaller indie label.

c3po-god-with-ewoks-in-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi.jpeg
His insane, massively delusional ego won't permit that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom