"Interlude" enters Official Vinyl Singles Chart at #9 (April 26, 2024)

Screenshot_20240426-180037~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
I thought it was a RSD only release? How many units could have sold?
Maybe I don't know anything.

I thought it was a RSD only release? How many units could have sold?
Maybe I don't know anything.
it doesnt take many units to get in the charts these days,in the 60s/70s you would have to sell a million singles to get a number 1 spot in the uk.
hit hit hooray,the bullfighter dies.

2,500 sales is enough for the top 40.
13,000 sales is enough for the top 10.
30,000 copies is enough to get you to the top of the hit parade.
so really all you have to do is get your family and friends and workmates and people at the match and your on top of the pops.ps-the lowest number of sales for a number 1 is by orson and no tomorrow in 2006 with a measly 17,694 units.what a sad state music sales have become.

Last edited:
Literally the only thing this tells us is that "Interlude" was the 9th most popular vinyl single released for RSD this year, behind offerings from artists like Olivia Rodrigo, Kate Bush, Queen, and John Lennon - but ahead of RSD releases by Daft Punk, The Charlatans and David Byrne. There's honestly no point in trying to quantify it beyond that.

((And for anyone who cares about such things, James' new album went from #1 to #77, which is actually a decent showing these days for a second week on the chart by an indie / cult band.))

((And for anyone who cares about such things, James' new album went from #1 to #77, which is actually a decent showing these days for a second week on the chart by an indie / cult band.))
oh how could we forget,surfsup has been teeling us all week.

True and to get a sense of how many sales Interlude made to get to number 9 in the vinyl charts, these are James sales figures for a number one in the overall charts.

Twenty-six years to the month after they topped the chart with compilation The Best Of, indie rock legends James finally return to No.1 with 18th studio album, Yummy on consumption of 18,542 units (11,651 CDs, 4,695 vinyl albums, 1,623 digital downloads, 573 sales-equivalent streams).

That’s a big drop , from No 1 to 77, even Moz albums don’t tumble like this.
tells me their fanbase isnt as big as people make out,most of their fans probably bought the album on day 1 so the drop off in the second week is big.

tells me their fanbase isnt as big as people make out,most of their fans probably bought the album on day 1 so the drop off in the second week is big.
True, they're only playing to 150000 people on their arena tour in the summer and another 20k with their orchestral gig with Johnny Marr as support in Lytham.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom