Morrissey Central "WIKIPEDIA omits Jane Birkin’s appearance at Morrissey’s Melt-down in 2004" (July 17, 2023)

IMG_9062.jpeg

(Roll on the jokes about Morrissey’s melt-down in 2023)

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, most media reported her being asked, but didn't follow it up.
Her own website is broken around the time she would have performed - so no joy.
I'd got as far as the invited part for our own wiki, but hit a wall trying to find any photo/video evidence of her at the Royal Festival Hall, Saturday, June 19, 2004.
TTY (early-form fanzine/site) didn't mention it, nor did morrisseymusic.com (which posted some Dolls images and no other artists). The other act on that night in a different room makes no reference to them either (Ari Up).
So perhaps Wikipedia can be forgiven.
Regards,
FWD.

now fixed, by the miracle of Wiki

It's actually the work of the three unnamed men who try to stop Morrissey. Karen will back me up. First score, 1-0 to them. Come on Morrissy, strike back!

Wiki has omitted Charlotte's latest album from her discography so don't get too upset 🇫🇷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

NME did mention it:

"Next week’s issue of NME (June 16) will come with a one-off CD compiled by the legend from his own record collection, including tracks from Franz Ferdinand, Libertines, New York Dolls, Sparks and The Slits.

‘Songs To Save Your Life’ will also feature The Ordinary Boys, The Killers and Gene."

Is the tracklist of this available somewhere, does anyone know?

"Next week’s issue of NME (June 16) will come with a one-off CD compiled by the legend from his own record collection, including tracks from Franz Ferdinand, Libertines, New York Dolls, Sparks and The Slits.

‘Songs To Save Your Life’ will also feature The Ordinary Boys, The Killers and Gene."

I have the CD in my attic somewhere. I remember John Betjeman’s “A Child Ill” was on it.

You're well sensitive, Mozzy bear. Tell you what: Brett Anderson has recorded a duet with Jane Birkin and there's no mention of it on her wiki, yet Brett doesn't seem to be having a nervous breakdown over it. Don't be such a drama queen! :kissingheart:

To mention a appearance at your meltdown gig from 2004 wasn't mentioned in a persons wiki, less than 48 hrs after someones death, is remarkably tone death The guy has zero self awareness. It's such a shame he has this ego monster in him
From the emails about the Throwing My Arms Around Paris record release for the terror attack to this. To me that is she worst thing about him. It makes him look so trivial

To mention a appearance at your meltdown gig from 2004 wasn't mentioned in a persons wiki, less than 48 hrs after someones death, is remarkably tone death The guy has zero self awareness. It's such a shame he has this ego monster in him
From the emails about the Throwing My Arms Around Paris record release for the terror attack to this. To me that is she worst thing about him. It makes him look so trivial
It's hard not to see it as shameless self-promotion. If it was missing from Wikipedia that means it's been that way for some 19 years... so why bring it up now?

Last edited:
Thank you!
In autobiography, M claims he never picked the tracks by the fecking modern bands, Gene , Ordinary Boys and Franz.
As M had done an interview with Franz and said he liked them
And also did a quick sit down interview with Martin from Gene and said he thought Martin could sing.
My guess is he didn't like Ordinary Boys, at the feck all and wanted nothing to do with them and that's why he said that in the book
But they were named after one of his songs and popular . So it fitted the Meltdown vibe .
Also what makes me think M wasn't keen on Ordinary Boys is I heard they only got on Meltdown as people dropped out. Elton John was meant to play, Supergrass were asked and refused and Maya Angelou refused, I think .
I was living in Hastings then and was in Brighton a hell of a fecking lot. Brighton was fire then.
I remember Preston, the singer from Ordinary boys, would go to the Smiths /Moz nights in Brighton.
At one of the nights Preston told a few of us he wasn't happy with M. When Ordinary Boys played Meltdown they were told not to speak to M, if they saw him . I'd never heard of M asking that before. I don't think it was fecking drunk talk from Preston either, as he and others in the band said it in an interview as well.
Also Ordinary Boys played Later when M was on
Prestons story is "I saw M near the stage , so I went up and said "Hi, I'm Preston ".
M said "I know who you are" and that was the end of that "
Preston is definitely not an M type person. Typical Brighton media type. I hear he has spent years slagging M off in one way or other on his social media.
I don't think M was keen on Martin from Gene either, as it fecking goes. There were loads of stories of M mocking Martin in private. Martin would basically stalk M in the 90s and M never let him anywhere near him. Apart from that one interview for Melody Maker , which AW sorted out .
When he asked Gene to play meltdown he made a point of not having them on the main stage . He made them play in the bar , like buskers or something. I was fecking amazed Martin agreed to it. It seemed like M saying "know your fecking place to me " .
At the time I thought it was cruel but after reading Martin attack M in that hit piece a few years ago and about how he treated April, I'm fecking happy M did that .

Come on MozCentral, this is truly laughable.

First: How did find that out? Did you rummage through the Internet for Morrissey/Birkin mentions and then found that Wikipedia had no mention of it? Wikipedia of all things is not complete? Write about it yourself...
And are we now so far that we not only have to highlight every mini mention, but also every non-mention? I really hope that at some point it will come out that MCentral is a comedy project just to troll everyone

Last edited:

Christ almighty. How old are you? 15?

That would explain a lot of your idiocy here, and your uninformed brown-nosing.

Back
Top Bottom