Have to ask Morrissey to Smiths

mark35

Will Morrissey sign anything from The Smiths ? Poster, LP ect ect

I will be metting Morrissey in Dec and don't know if I should bring something from the Smiths days. I have photograph and have met Morrissey four times but never had the balls to ask him about autographing a Smiths item.

All my stuff is sign from the Morrissey solo days.

Thank you

I will be metting Morrissey in Dec and don't know if I should bring something from the Smiths days. I have photograph and have met Morrissey four times but never had the balls to ask him about autographing a Smiths item.

Thank you

i handed him six sleeves once... and i asked him if he would sign his favorite one.

Louder Than Bombs was in there.

and thats the one he signed.

i handed him six sleeves once... and i asked him if he would sign his favorite one.

Louder Than Bombs was in there.

and thats the one he signed.
Wow, awesome. I'm jealous...

Thank you

Nosey question but how do you know you will be meeting him? something planned? :D

Why would you be worried about asking him to sign it?

Because this might happen...

chestburster.gif

By the wayyyyy -- welcome to the forums :)

Why would you be worried about asking him to sign it?

my best friend at school says that they're dad whose really old now used to be kinda cool when he worked as a journalist for a music magazine way back in the 90s and like has this totally insider gossip about how the rest of the band got mad at moz for some stuff which was totally not his fault and there just jealous of his talent anyway but after that moz doesn't like to be reminded all the time about stuff to do with the smiths so maybe it's something to do with that unless there's other stuff i don't know about?

my best friend at school says that they're dad whose really old now used to be kinda cool when he worked as a journalist for a music magazine way back in the 90s and like has this totally insider gossip about how the rest of the band got mad at moz for some stuff which was totally not his fault and there just jealous of his talent anyway but after that moz doesn't like to be reminded all the time about stuff to do with the smiths so maybe it's something to do with that unless there's other stuff i don't know about?

Couldn't have written it better myself.

By the wayyyyy -- welcome to the forums :)

Thanks guy.

Well I get that, but I still think it'd make him look like a major asshole if he were to get mad at a fan for that sort of thing.

Has there ever been an incident like that before? Or is OP's worry just based on an assumption? I can't imagine him doing that, as dramatic as he can be sometimes.

....doesn't seem to stop him churning out some of the Smiths songs nowadays....( I KNOW he wrote them, and they are Brilliant....but, it IS the Smiths "work"....).I would suggest just go for it....what's the worst that could happen???
(... or even better, Find a RARE Billy Fury album that even he hasn't got, and ask him to sign that!!!....could be the start of a beautiful friendship.....A mate of mine once got Roger Moore to sign a book about Sean connery!!).

Back
Top Bottom