New to Morrissey/The Smiths

Thanks for the welcomes... I have to say I am not familiar with anyone of his songs except The Smiths "How Soon is Now" and Irish Blood, English Heart - the video is wonderful,

Well at least I know I have some Led Heads to fall back on - should I mention that I like Tool and NIN as well or will I get banished @@ :p

Thanks again

Laura ;)

Thanks for the welcomes... I have to say I am not familiar with anyone of his songs except The Smiths "How Soon is Now" and Irish Blood, English Heart - the video is wonderful,

Well at least I know I have some Led Heads to fall back on - should I mention that I like Tool and NIN as well or will I get banished @@ :p

Thanks again

Laura ;)

Well they're good songs to start with.:) The first song I heard in it's entirity was Irish Blood, English Heart so I'd also recommend You Are The Quarry (2004).
A Smiths compilation album such as Hatfull of Hollow (1984) or Louder Than Bombs (1987) would be good too.

I'm sure there's some NIN fans in here ... somewhere. :)

check also youtube which has lots of great live videos from over the years(smiths and solo)
some great videos highlighted:
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=92586&highlight=youtube

..a part of morrissey concerts are the stage invasions ..even though it is much more difficult..but great to see..
he hasnt got too much official live dvds out:who put the m in mnchester(amazing setlist, if not one of the best solo)
and from 91:live in dallas

Morrissey will suck you in big time, are you ready for him?

Get Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted and Kill Uncle. Listen on repeat until all lyrics are learned. Become a huge snob on Morrissey-solo and all Morrissey social related events. Alienate yourself.

Or just get Strangeways Here We Come, then Meat is Murder, then Queen is Dead, then Hatful of Hollow. Don't bother with the first album, dire songs and the ones that ARE good are on Hatful in better quality.

Or just get Strangeways Here We Come, then Meat is Murder, then Queen is Dead, then Hatful of Hollow. Don't bother with the first album, dire songs and the ones that ARE good are on Hatful in better quality.

WHAT THE????? How can you say they are dire? How on earth are pretty girls, the hand that rocks the cradle and miserable lie dire???? I am totally confused. That album has a very raw sound. It's vintage Smiths!

WHAT THE????? How can you say they are dire? How on earth are pretty girls, the hand that rocks the cradle and miserable lie dire???? I am totally confused. That album has a very raw sound. It's vintage Smiths!

get em told captain scarlett:p though still ill, hand in glove, suffer little children and reel around the fountain are the best efforts:guitar:

Get Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted and Kill Uncle. Listen on repeat until all lyrics are learned. Become a huge snob on Morrissey-solo and all Morrissey social related events. Alienate yourself.

The Smiths s/t > Every other Smiths album and Morrissey album.

You're all wrong. I am right.

I recommend that you just put Death At One's Elbow on as a starting song, zepfan1. Then go and listen to Led Zeppelin again when you realise how shit The Smiths are.

I recommend that you just put Death At One's Elbow on as a starting song, zepfan1. Then go and listen to Led Zeppelin again when you realise how shit The Smiths are.

Aye, then download "I Keep Mine Hidden" and replace "I Started Something..." with it on your MP3 player. A much superior song, don't like the primadonna Marr tell you otherwise.

....Then stop wearing Morrissey t-shirts.

Back
Top Bottom