What towns and cities have you been to a Smiths or Morrissey concert in?

I'm a little intrigued as to the lengths of travelling people have been to to see our idol. Feel free to share. For me, it's only London and Manchester, but I also have tickets for Leeds in Oct :D.

NYC - Hammerstein 10/26/07
Montclair, NJ - Wellmont 3/16/09

I would have seen him at the (much closer and more convenient) Arts Center in 07...but you know the drill, sudden illness the day before...show is kaputt.

Manchester 8 x
London 4 x (+ 1/4 show + 2 cancellations)
Amsterdam 2 x
Isle of Wight (got Travis instead of Moz yuk)
Birmingham (cancelled)
Liverpool 1 x
Edinburgh 1 x
Brussels 1 x
Rome 1 x
Salzburg 1 x
Nuremberg 1 x
Munich 1 x
Düsseldorf 1 x

+ Offenbach in June (provided gig happens)
+ Brum in October (rescheduled gig)

Not including any that have been cancelled on me this is my history thus far:- October 1986:- London.........The Smiths Morrissey........July 1991..London x2, Brighton October 1991..London x2. August 1992..London December 1992..Birmingham, London x2 February 1995..Sheffield, Blackpool, Cambridge, Birmingham, Ilford, Portsmouth, Hull, Bradford, Newcastle, Ipswich, Cardiff, Bristol, Croydon, London x2.......Aug/Sept 1995 travelled to Paris, Dublin & Belfast for instore signings ......November 1995..London x4, Birmingham x2, Exeter, Cardiff........December 1997..London.......November 1999..Nottingham, Leeds, London x4, Swansea, Norwich, Salisbury.......December 1999...Hartlepool, Aylesbury.........September 2002..London x2 ...October 2002...Birmingham, Bradford, Blackburn....November 2002..London....June 2004...London x3....August 2004...Leeds...September 2004...Blackpool.......December 2004...Birmingham, Brighton, London...May 06..London x3.......August 2006..Stafford, Chelmsford......January 2008...London x3

Last edited:
Apart from Manchester, where i've seen him a fair few times, i've seen him in Llandudno and Leeds.
The Llandudno gig in 06 was such an intimate affair in a very small room a bit like a working man's club with a bar at the back.
I remember his words as he came on stage. He looked around and just shrugged and said, "We'll do our best." :)

A great night.

Only Manchester, once. Leeds will be added to that health-permitting.

also considering sheffield...

only seen him once,in hull arena.he rocked the place.if they made a dvd of that gig it would be the best show ever,check him out in hull ice arena on u tube,he was over the top,no wonder he cancelled gigs after that,he was unbelievable,i was at front,it was heavy:thumb:

My list looks pretty pathetic now.:(

Not including any that have been cancelled on me this is my history thus far:- October 1986:- London.........The Smiths Morrissey........July 1991..London x2, Brighton October 1991..London x2. August 1992..London December 1992..Birmingham, London x2 February 1995..Sheffield, Blackpool, Cambridge, Birmingham, Ilford, Portsmouth, Hull, Bradford, Newcastle, Ipswich, Cardiff, Bristol, Croydon, London x2.......Aug/Sept 1995 travelled to Paris, Dublin & Belfast for instore signings ......November 1995..London x4, Birmingham x2, Exeter, Cardiff........December 1997..London.......November 1999..Nottingham, Leeds, London x4, Swansea, Norwich, Salisbury.......December 1999...Hartlepool, Aylesbury.........September 2002..London x2 ...October 2002...Birmingham, Bradford, Blackburn....November 2002..London....June 2004...London x3....August 2004...Leeds...September 2004...Blackpool.......December 2004...Birmingham, Brighton, London...May 06..London x3.......August 2006..Stafford, Chelmsford......January 2008...London x3

come to scotland LOL

My list looks pretty pathetic now.:(

not at all , some great gigs in there

My little list doesnt look that impressive, but i did narrowly avoid death on the way home from the Dundee gig :rolleyes:

Had driven up that morning, queued from 3pm, waited till midnight at stage door and off home I went. Driving alone on the motorway, in the middle of the night, after no sleep or food is a really silly thing to do :squiffy:

boston - too many to count without taking notes
waltham, ma
springfield, ma
mansfield, ma
lowell, ma
providence, ri
hartford, ct
portland, me
new york, ny - too many to count
phoenix, az
tucson, az
yuma, az
las vegas - multiple
charlottesville, va
limerick, ireland
cork, ireland
dublin
pasadena, ca

there might be one or two more

clearly you UK folk have an distinct advantage!

Last edited:
I seen the very last Canadian show of his in Vancouver 1997. It eas awesome we were there when he came off the bus and everyone was so quiet until I yelled "Morrissey, Morrissey, Morrissey"

lets see...

Mansfield, MA
Waltham, MA
Boston, MA
Hartford, CT
Providence, CT
Lowell, MA
Santa Barbara, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Portland, ME
Los Angeles, CA
Pasadena, CA
Amsterdam, Netherlands
London, England
Columbus, OH
Atlantic City, NJ
New York, NY
Philadelphia, PA
Myrtle Beach, SC
Chicago, IL

Shows that weren't to be: Northampton, MA and Atlanta, GA

Would like to see Moz in Texas sometime, as well as Montreal if he ever lifts his silly Canadian strike. Also Nashville would be cool. Also San Fran as I can't think of any other reason (besides maybe work) that I would go there but I do want to see it. Moz would be a good excuse.

And of course Italy or Switzerland but I'll be returning to those places with or without Moz.

Last edited:
Glastonbury
Leeds (x2)
Bridlington
Kings Lynn
Manchester (x2)
London (x2)
Lille

To come: Paris, more London, Swindon and Bournemouth.

Do you think we are not paying attention?

Dublin, Cork, Galway, Killarney, Glasgow, Stirling, Greenock, Manchester, London, Newcastle and Calcutta.

Oh, Calcutta!??!?

This is interesting.

Reminds me of Mozzer's supposed plans to tour India about a decade ago. Julia was very excited about it. Naturally, it didn't happen.

All the way to Waukegan, Illinois, Merrillville, Indiana and Milwaukee, Wisconsin! :cool::lbf: I usually stick to Chicago... I've ventured out! :D

04 miami

07 philadelphia
atlantic city
new york city x5

09 montclair
nyc x2
philadelphia
manchester

2000. Luna Park stadium. Buenmoz Aires
2004. Club Ciudad. Buenmoz Aires

as it was not enough I travelled north

2006. Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling, Glasgow, Greenock
2008. London. Edinburgh. Paris
2009. Great Yarmouth.Cambridge. Hull. Manchester. (Salisbury and London without Moz of course)

Back
Top Bottom