Alain explains why he left

"looking up at the underside of a coach"? do you mean you think he'll end up firing him?

I haven't known a Morrissey manager or tour manager to not meet that fate so, in my opinion, it's just a matter of when. It may not have anything to do with the Alain/Gustavo situation.

love it when disgruntled ex employees post anonymously on solo. :lbf:

I haven't known a Morrissey manager or tour manager to not meet that fate so, in my opinion, it's just a matter of when. It may not have anything to do with the Alain/Gustavo situation.
He’s been there a LONG time though. But this is probably what Alain meant by “temporary” tour manager?

Well, it's finally made an article:

Carmen Vandenberg is now playing guitar in Morrissey's live band

Bit late to the party, but they (literally) highlight Alain's explanation...
FWD.
Well finally a journalist writes something about this!

It is odd that Alain’s comment is different to what had been posted here 🤔

36D7C2D1-E691-4B0C-BCE8-7F1DD9DCA1E5.png

I'm assuming the Tour Manager was the reason why Gustavo left as well? Has anyone asked Gustavo on social media why he left?

some peoples disrespect is an other persons making tough decisions.
being a tour manager cant be easy and M will probably tell you himself that he isnt the easiest person to work for.
Yep, sometimes you just have to call some poor woman a c*** and force loving, long-term partners out of the band. Typical tough decisions.

Yep, sometimes you just have to call some poor woman a c*** and force loving, long-term partners out of the band. Typical tough decisions.
when did this take place,i ssume you mean bb and why did you have to say,poor woman,this woman and her husband are probably millionaires for all we know.

when did this take place,i ssume you mean bb and why did you have to say,poor woman,this woman and her husband are probably millionaires for all we know.
Huh? I was referring to the post made by user Debz. Right above yours.

you two could only have this argument if you believe ‘Debz’ story in the first place.

We also have the stories around Kristeen Young's departure (summer of 2014) and also from the body guard later. And many from crowd/fans about this fat man (namely Donnie Knutson). There's an old saying in your country that "where there's smoke, there's fire". But maybe you are in love with the guy?

Huh? I was referring to the post made by user Debz. Right above yours.
who never mentioned anything about a woman being called a c.n.,think you dreamt this.

We also have the stories around Kristeen Young's departure (summer of 2014) and also from the body guard later. And many from crowd/fans about this fat man (namely Donnie Knutson). There's an old saying in your country that "where there's smoke, there's fire". But maybe you are in love with the guy?

maybe you’re in love with smoke and fire, and couldn’t wait to use that phrase?

who never mentioned anything about a woman being called a c.n.,think you dreamt this.
Hi, that's what I said, that's what I saw. The sound booth at the back of the palladium. A woman at the desk being bawled out. Made me sick to my stomach, wondered what the hell was going on.

For f***’s sake, man. “C word” = c***. Stop playing dumb.

What's the story about Kristeen young?

I don't think the bodyguard's story means much, you mean the guy who was claiming Morrissey wanted him to beat up/kill (!) DavidT, right?

I've been meaning to post this selection from Autobiography (there are a few other interesting ones about Alain's departure). I offer it not as definitive testimony to the truth value of the assertions themselves (nor to cast aspersions on Alain's character), but its one of the reasons that Alain's return – particularly as co-writer on Without Music the World Dies – was shocking to me.

And I wonder to, if something like this in terms of compensation or more visible credit, a greater "say" might've again surfaced as a factor in the most recent departure not only of Alain, but of Gustavo, Mando and others.

I think the quote also is a good snapshot of the way in which Morrissey's mind works when it comes to collaborations and co-writers – sort of always waiting for the other shoe to drop in terms of "betrayal" real or perceived

All that to say even as someone who is out here saying that Morrissey should self release without music the world dies it is striking that the album track list contains only two Tobias compositions – with the vast majority of the tracks written or arranged by Alain and Gustavo. Both of these men left very visibly and very suddenly – and Gustavo was responsible for some of the better musical compositions in the current Epoch of Morrissey music, to my ears at least.

Obviously Morrissey touring and releasign albums who that include co-writers or bandmembers who no longer to tour with him is nothing new. But the sum total of the compositions on Withour Music The World Disa, plus both men's significant touring presence in different eras of Morissey is notable.

. And having other musicians, no matter how skilled offer live versions of another persons compositions invariably changes the flavor and emphasis of the music.

Anyway, I don't know for self release is so simple given all these factors. But I could be overthinking things

Attachments

• alain 2.png
    alain 2.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've been meaning to post this selection from Autobiography (there are a few other interesting ones about Alain's departure). I offer it not as definitive testimony to the truth value of the assertions themselves (nor to cast aspersions on Alain's character), but its one of the reasons that Alain's return – particularly as co-writer on Without Music the World Dies – was shocking to me.

And I wonder to, if something like this in terms of compensation or more visible credit, a greater "say" might've again surfaced as a factor in the most recent departure not only of Alain, but of Gustavo, Mando and others.
Well it doesn't seem to be the case. What Alain (and dneuer) have said indicates the issue was only the problem with the tour manager.
I think the quote also is a good snapshot of the way in which Morrissey's mind works when it comes to collaborations and co-writers – sort of always waiting for the other shoe to drop in terms of "betrayal" real or perceived

All that to say even as someone who is out here saying that Morrissey should self release without music the world dies it is striking that the album track list contains only two Tobias compositions – with the vast majority of the tracks written or arranged by Alain and Gustavo. Both of these men left very visibly and very suddenly – and Gustavo was responsible for some of the better musical compositions in the current Epoch of Morrissey music, to my ears at least.
I quite like many of Gustavo's co-writes as well.
They both might still continue to write with Moz though, who knows.

It is interesting that Moz says there (in the Autobio quote) that this happened before Quarry, yet the album still came out and Alain was in the band, touring the album.
Obviously Morrissey touring and releasign albums who that include co-writers or bandmembers who no longer to tour with him is nothing new. But the sum total of the compositions on Withour Music The World Disa, plus both men's significant touring presence in different eras of Morissey is notable.

. And having other musicians, no matter how skilled offer live versions of another persons compositions invariably changes the flavor and emphasis of the music.

Anyway, I don't know for self release is so simple given all these factors. But I could be overthinking things
Those are good points, but what is the relation? If there is an issue with how the music might sound different live, how is that a problem for an eventual self-release of the album?
Seems to me the only problem could be if Alain and/or Gustavo didn't want their co-writes on the album, which wouldn't appear to be the case since according to Alain and Darrin they're all on good terms.

Back
Top Bottom