Remastered "Kill Uncle" cover?

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey - Kill Uncle (CD/2xVinyl) and 'Playboys' (CD/Vinyl 72) - Spin CDS

Posted by Alan
Posted on February 25, 2013

All available on April 8th.

"Morrissey’s 2nd studio album ‘Kill Uncle’ has now been remastered by Bill Inglot and comes housed in a gatefold digipack, with completely re-designed artwork including rare contemporary photos whilst the infamous track ‘There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends’ has now been swapped from the original album version to the US E.P. version.

The remastered version of ‘Kill Uncle’ is also available as a 2LP gatefold vinyl, with the same re-designed art"

kill_uncle_remastered.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Absolutely excellent! Great work there. That cover and a better track-listing might have made the reissue worthwhile. Thanks to iTunes I always to a Kill Uncle playlist of:

Our Frank
King Leer
Asian Rut
Sing Your Life
Mute Witness
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
My Love Life
Tony The Pony
Pregnant For The Last Time
Driving Your Girlfriend Home
There Is A Place For Me and My Friends
The Loop

Which works for me.

Thanks Orson Swells! :) I might consider doing a back cover today if I can be arsed. I'll be sure to post it on here if I do though.

This one looks just great , well done as always...

Cheers Moz

Thanks Stoned! It disappoints me that Morrissey and his management approve of the sub-par re-issue artwork when there's people like us on here who can do a better job with our eyes shut. :cool:

Agreed. The original Kill Uncle has a great sleeve.

I've never been that impressed by Morrissey sleeves. The early ones were pretty good, Suedehead, EILS, ID, Viva Hate, but later some of the singles seemed rushed, and a few seemed to give not a damn.

I was spoilt by those classic Smiths covers I suppose.

Totally agree. The Smiths had phenomenal cover art. I think Kill Uncle, Viva Hate, and to a lesser extent Your Arsenal and Bona Drag have fairly decent cover art. Southpaw Grammar was interesting I guess.

I could never understand what motivated his choices on such albums as say "Years of Refusal." That one was perplexing.

I cast another vote for keeping the classic original cover which I always liked. This new cover is reminiscent of those cheesy Elton John album covers of the 1980's. Albums such as "Jump Up' and "Ice on Fire."

The original is his second best cover next to Viva Hate. He's trolling everyone. He hates his fans and who can blame him?

Why bother releasing new material? Just keep buying the old stuff over & over & over & over & over & over...:laughing:

He was recreating the photo of gangster Richardson found on the inside of Your Arsenal.

I could never understand what motivated his choices on such albums as say "Years of Refusal." That one was perplexing.

Totally agree. The Smiths had phenomenal cover art. I think Kill Uncle, Viva Hate, and to a lesser extent Your Arsenal and Bona Drag have fairly decent cover art. Southpaw Grammar was interesting I guess.

Talking about cover sleeves, I still figure the cover of Ringleaders is brilliant.

Never heard that one before...

Someone should set up a charity, everytime someone posts that $10 goes towards homeless dogs or something. Or stupid people, like a Save the Stupid People Fund.

"whilst the infamous track ‘There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends’ has now been swapped from the original album version to the US E.P. version"

Wait... are there 2 versions of TAPIHFMAMF?

What releases contain which?

"whilst the infamous track ‘There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends’ has now been swapped from the original album version to the US E.P. version"

Wait... are there 2 versions of TAPIHFMAMF?

Yes, and they're both f***ing awful.

He was recreating the photo of gangster Richardson found on the inside of Your Arsenal.

I never heard anyone say that and I had the CD so I've never seen it, but when I looked it up, it seems obvious. Thank you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom