"Playboys" and "Kill Uncle" remastered both fail to make Top 100 UK charts

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Re: Playboys and Kill Uncle remastered both fail to make top 100 UK charts

"I don't know anyone (including me) who played The Smiths or Morrissey at their wedding!"

I did. It ended predictably badly in an acrimonious divorce. I should have seen it coming when I bought her Morrissey tickets and she said "Why? We've seen him before". :lbf:

"I don't know anyone (including me) who played The Smiths or Morrissey at their wedding!"

I did. It ended predictably badly in an acrimonious divorce. I should have seen it coming when I bought her Morrissey tickets and she said "Why? We've seen him before". :lbf:

I'd love to would be a lovely wedding song ...

Ohh, you're one of those people...

Despite all these music-marketing ideas, I like when Moz just does his own press and comments on public figures. For example, Chelsea Clinton is a meat-eater, yet Prince William opposes the illegal blood ivory trade.

Chelsea Clinton and Bill Clinton are vegans.

Re: Article: "Playboys" and "Kill Uncle" remastered both fail to make Top 100 UK char

Does anyone know how many copies the album/singles that DID chart at #100 this week actually sold? It would be interesting to get a rough idea of just how few copies of Kill Uncle/Playboys were shifted. If the figures are that low, and EMI aren't making any money out of it, I wonder if they will cancel the proposed 'Your Arsenal' and 'Vauxhall' remasters?
Actually, given Morrissey's bizarre tinkering choices, I wouldn't mind if they were cancelled.

On the radio this morning they discussed the anti-Thatcher song which reached #2 and sold 35,000. A pro-Thacher song went in at #35 and sold 8,000. By the time you get to chart entry number #100 I imagine you might be in the dozens sold, rather than hundreds.

Re: Article: "Playboys" and "Kill Uncle" remastered both fail to make Top 100 UK char

I don't know how "Playboys" can not have entered the top 100 (!) singles chart if for many days the bundle (CD + 7" + lithograph) topped the Recordstore.co.uk pre-orders ranking. Does that not make enough sales?! Maybe the single was for some reason not eligible for the charts...

On the radio this morning they discussed the anti-Thatcher song which reached #2 and sold 35,000. A pro-Thacher song went in at #35 and sold 8,000. By the time you get to chart entry number #100 I imagine you might be in the dozens sold, rather than hundreds.

Now, if the number (sold) is 1 (one) item, I will cherish THAT one (1) like GOLD! OK? And you can kiss my sole. With regards,

Morrissey solo fan.

I don't know how "Playboys" can not have entered the top 100 (!) singles chart if for many days the bundle (CD + 7" + lithograph) topped the Recordstore.co.uk pre-orders ranking. Does that not make enough sales?! Maybe the single was for some reason not eligible for the charts...

Maybe "someone" rich brought every copy Recordstore.co.uk sold to try and hype it into the charts and then the chart folks found out and disqualified it from listings. payola. it happens with unscrupulous record company types

I am thinking the same thing! If someone ordered the bundle it should count as two sales(record and CD). The single was #1 on Amazon UK as well and still is! I was wondering if the fact that many people preordered it had anything to do with it. I would think that those orders would count towards last weeks charts but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone find out how many were sold and/or how far off LOTFIP was from top 100??

Maybe "someone" rich brought every copy Recordstore.co.uk sold to try and hype it into the charts and then the chart folks found out and disqualified it from listings. payola. it happens with unscrupulous record company types

That's absurd! Morrissey doesn't have that kind of music industry machinery behind him.....hell, the rereleases were barely even advertised!

"Struggles to chart as high?" - we're not talking about missing the top 10 here. It missed the top f***ing 100!
To get high in the charts, all he needs is brilliant songs. And all he hasn't got is brilliant songs. He's ditched the one person (Alain Whyte) who was actually capable of brilliance. By his own admission, all he's got to offer now, musically, is songs which are 'not awful'.
You couldn't make it up.
Yea it is the top 100 were talking, but this didn't get much publicity at all - And really because its a re release by now the majority of people who wanted the album already own it.

That's absurd! Morrissey doesn't have that kind of music industry machinery behind him.....hell, the rereleases were barely even advertised!

No, it's not absurd at all. Desperate people do desperate things...not only should they not have been advertised, they shouldn't have been re-released. Still, another amusing career car-crash. I'm sure he's scribbling some new genius lyrics right now, there's no way he's going to put up with being a has-been with Madonna smirking at him..

I am thinking the same thing! If someone ordered the bundle it should count as two sales(record and CD). The single was #1 on Amazon UK as well and still is! I was wondering if the fact that many people preordered it had anything to do with it. I would think that those orders would count towards last weeks charts but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone find out how many were sold and/or how far off LOTFIP was from top 100??

Each sale of a Morrissey record/CD should have to be matched by 10,000 Bieber sales, because Morrissey is 'REAL ART!' but that guy with monkey suggesting Anne Frank might just have wanted to be a teenager with a crush on a pop star rather than a victim of Nazi religious genocide? Who the HELL! does he think he is. Hey! Justin, leave the heavyweight thinking to Morrissey and Joey Barton. And, anyway, it's obvious that Anne Frank would have been a broody emo dweeb locked in that hidy-hole listeting to Kill Uncle-Remixed. I bet the cymbals really sparkle if you've got a big expensive hi-fi. Imagine how amazing it must have been to load up the master tapes and sit back as the world stood still, and once again "Our Frank" united races and nations and galaxies in a war against ignorance and bad taste with the NME policing the crowd so as to stop any pop heretics shouting "what is this crap?" Oh, to have been alive, generations to come will look back at teh collapse of industrial civilisation, but find solace in knowing that their forebears at least had the remaster of Kill Uncle to guide them through the turmoil...

I'd love to would be a lovely wedding song ...

I'm sure the guests would have failed to see the humour in playing "I Know It's Over" or "Never Had No One, Ever" or "Unlovable" or "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" at the reception!! They would have seen it as a bad omen and probably called the reverend back to perform an exorcism!

Agreed. It's so creepy with those lines about the lipstick on the brain and blowing his mind. Yuck.

That song is, seriously, the worst song I've ever heard.

Bill Clinton is vegan. Chelsea Clinton was never vegan and she went back to meat eating to impress her husband. She is a bourgeois feminist you know.

Chelsea Clinton and Bill Clinton are vegans.

The marketing of Swift's _Red_ album was so extreme that you even saw it advertised on pizza boxes. These things are forced on people. Especially with that relentless airplay. At least I can like some of Swift's material, such as the song about love beginning again on a Wednesday in a cafe. One Direction are condescending to little girls and they probably don't have enough intellect to even realize it. They purport their opinion to be fact and tell the girl she "don't know" it and she's "insecure".

Meanwhile, 3 of Brett Anderson's solo albums failed to dent the Top 100. What did you expect?

One Direction, Taylor Swift and Beyonce all make music that gets airplay. Taylor Swift- writes her own songs and plays her own music (guitar) Being 43 miles away from Nashville TN, I know that every one of her songs that gets mainstream airplay also has a country version- girl is double-dipping both genres. One Direction...their songs are earworms. Plain and simple. The band who played my niece's wedding played One Direction and Beyonce songs...I don't know anyone (including me) who played The Smiths or Morrissey at their wedding! Beyonce'....whether you like her rhino purse or not...she came into this deal with money. Her songs are catchy. Let's face it: kids like YOUNG artists. I found ONE student who likes Barry Manilow, who BTW, is 67, has a recording contract (released a new album in 2011) and is touring. Moz and The Smiths get limited airplay on the college radio station I stream online, but they're not featured regularly.

what clip is that of? The sarcastic Coachella one at the top of the thread?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom