Orlando, FL - Dr. Phillips Center - Walt Disney Theater (Oct. 7, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow (live debut) / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / How Soon Is Now? / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
A 40 years tour should really include hand in glove, it being what launched his career.
And it’s so easy to play, even I can play the riff and strum those chords, no excuses.

Yeah. A thoughtful artist would make it special. Special guests. Set lists. Dude can’t even maintain a civil relationship with a record company. The ONE thing he desires - a record deal. He is a sad soul. It was interesting when he and I were young. Now it’s just sad. I’ll always keep an eye on here. But way way less than I used to.
That would require thought and effort. He can’t be bothered. He doesn’t care.
Touring around with mediocre session musicians, doing the same songs to the same front row every night must be a bloody miserable existence. There’s no joy in the performance (and now, more than ever, it is a performance) anymore.

Poor guy. There is nothing positive ever said by anyone about Morrissey. By all accounts his setlist is a tired dead horse, his touring band is subpar, and fans are scared he will cancel the gig at the last second. Most people don't seem to like his lead guitarist / musical director. The last time (I can remember) is Interpol opening for him and they had to apologize. Any singer that works with him either has to apologize or ask to be removed from the tracks altogether. A record company will not touch him with a 10 foot pole. He seems very tired of touring and it seems more like a chore or a burden to him. I don't know why he does it. No news of any new releases for his music on the horizon since he won't self release. He was and most likely still is a brilliant artist and truly a one of a kind, but boy has he taken an ax to his career in a very big way.
He loves a nice lifestyle. No harm with that. Dude wants to make some $. He has a certain crowd willing to pay him and get something from it. Not I.

I love him so much! I've really enjoyed watching the videos of this concert today. He looks great and sounds great. For someone who gives the impression that it's an ordeal to even get out of bed in the morning, I think he's doing pretty well!

The only flaw in this theory is that he doesn’t really have the clout to attract the casual crowd anymore. These are small venues and if you look at the NY gigs, the Sat and Sunday shows sold fairly well but…with the exception of seats at the very front…the other two shows really haven’t moved.
A setlist that considers the diehards who have grown tired of the same thoughtless songs as well as casual fans and the devout who would pay to hear Moz recite The Cat in the Hat would be easy to craft and would solve this issue.
It’s 100% his fault.

He really should get Suede to open for him, that would be a great show and Morrisey and Brett could sing My Insatiable One together. I just don't think this is sustainable, these shows are very dull. Richard could show those girls how to really play guitar.
Brilliant points! I like Camilla but Suede would be perfect with Moz. I'd say the venn diagram overlap of fans would be big. Suede co-headline with Calm Street Preachers these days and I don't think they fit together.

40 year set list. 19 songs:

Smiths Set
1) Hand in Glove
2) Charming Man
3) I Know It’s Over
4) How Soon Is Now
5) Stop Me

Solo first era
6) Suedehead (Street as a guest)
7) Playboys
8) sing your Life (Boz and Alain as guests)
9) Fatty
10) Hate it when Friends become successful
11) Speedway
12) Alma Matters

Solo Second Era
13) Irish Heart
14) First of the Gang
15) Paris
16) Istabul
17) Something of last few records

Encore
18) Everyday is Like Sunday
19) Light Never Goes Out

That is a hell of a set list. Basically a journey through a great career. Balanced towards great eras. A nod to the recent stuff.

Brilliant points! I like Camilla but Suede would be perfect with Moz. I'd say the venn diagram overlap of fans would be big. Suede co-headline with Calm Street Preachers these days and I don't think they fit together.
He. Would. Never. Pay. Them. Enough. And I’m not sure Suede like him.

If he really wanted to sell 2x the tickets. Do two shows per city.

First night. The Smiths.
Second Night. Solo.

That would be a big draw.

“Morrissey Celebrates The Smiths”
“Morrissey 35 Solo Years”

Sell live shows to get even more $$ from fans.

Have him call me. I’ll run the business side for him.

People will always argue about the setlists (particularly those who go to a lot of the tour dates / scan on here.

Looking at it, he’s played a song live for the first time ever plus (if I’m not mistaken) at least 3 songs that local people in Florida won’t have heard live (sure enough , pop, notre dame)

Factor in relatively new band of musicians working with and after him not being well / tour dates leading up to last night being postponed , the set list doesn’t seem an issue to me and he sounded in great voice

As the years go on, the chance to see him live ticks by, I hopeful to see him in concert again next year in the U.K., the magic of seeing him live / those songs (even if I’ve heard many of them several times before , there is always something different in the air / makes them unique on any given performance

40 year set list. 19 songs:

Smiths Set
1) Hand in Glove
2) Charming Man
3) I Know It’s Over
4) How Soon Is Now
5) Stop Me

Solo first era
6) Suedehead (Street as a guest)
7) Playboys
8) sing your Life (Boz and Alain as guests)
9) Fatty
10) Hate it when Friends become successful
11) Speedway
12) Alma Matters

Solo Second Era
13) Irish Heart
14) First of the Gang
15) Paris
16) Istabul
17) Something of last few records

Encore
18) Everyday is Like Sunday
19) Light Never Goes Out

That is a hell of a set list. Basically a journey through a great career. Balanced towards great eras. A nod to the recent stuff.
He could do a residency in Vegas. And another in London.

He could have his Lads era band play.
He could have Marr, Joyce, Street, Visconti all make appearances.
He could ….

Wait. I believe EVERY one of those listed can’t stand him. He could have been so much more. But the autobiographies written in the future will talk a lot about his terrible way with others.

People will always argue about the setlists (particularly those who go to a lot of the tour dates / scan on here.

Looking at it, he’s played a song live for the first time ever plus (if I’m not mistaken) at least 3 songs that local people in Florida won’t have heard live (sure enough , pop, notre dame)

Factor in relatively new band of musicians working with and after him not being well / tour dates leading up to last night being postponed , the set list doesn’t seem an issue to me and he sounded in great voice

As the years go on, the chance to see him live ticks by, I hopeful to see him in concert again next year in the U.K., the magic of seeing him live / those songs (even if I’ve heard many of them several times before , there is always something different in the air / makes them unique on any given performance
True. He isn’t around much longer. I’m glad I saw him as a smith. First eta in 91. And second eta 2005 Hollywood. I’m glad I visited his house on Sweetzer. I’m glad I was there when it mattered.

Magical

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0197.jpeg
    IMG_0197.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0187.jpeg
    IMG_0187.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Yeah I am not really that surprised it's the same setlist that he started the year off with but the 40 Years of Morrissey thing did lead me to believe some new songs were gonna be played.

Having said that I'll put it all into context. The last time I saw Morrissey live was here in Newcastle, Australia 2016 and that was a very different setlist to this one so I will remain positive for the my next Morrissey live experience. Also the tickets cost me a lot of money ;)

I'll also add that it is so damn rare he comes all the way to Australia that I cannot afford to be miserable about a show I haven't attended yet. Nay sayers do your worst!!!
Nayyyyyyyyy! 😉

I want to know why in the UK there is always venue security upfront right in front of the stage whereas here the front row/regulars are right up against the stage without any issue and have the chance to actually get a handshake without a f***tonne of burly security guys or a great f***off chest high barrier in the way?

Am I really going to have to travel to the US to get a f***ing handshake? Ridiculous. Do they think Brits are troglodytes who intend harm?

How is he not bored of doing Alma Matters? :paranoid: Although in his defence, those in the USA have not heard this particular setlist, but I was hoping for something new, whether it be an old 'new' song such as a B side from 94/95, or even something else of BOT or WMTWD.
As the UK/European dates this year were not part of the '40 years of Morrissey' tour, I assume there will be another UK and EU tour in 2024. Hopefully we'll be treated to a new setlist. But probably not :(

I want to know why in the UK there is always venue security upfront right in front of the stage whereas here the front row/regulars are right up against the stage without any issue and have the chance to actually get a handshake without a f***tonne of burly security guys or a great f***off chest high barrier in the way?

Am I really going to have to travel to the US to get a f***ing handshake? Ridiculous. Do they think Brits are troglodytes who intend harm?
It isn’t that hard to get to the front of the stage in the UK, if you’re willing to act like an absolute fan-girl and have no respect for other gig-goers. Run down at the start of the gig, throw a few elbows, spill a few drinks, you’ll get there.

He really should get Suede to open for him, that would be a great show and Morrisey and Brett could sing My Insatiable One together. I just don't think this is sustainable, these shows are very dull. Richard could show those girls how to really play guitar.
Agreed - that would be amazing!

Back
Top Bottom