Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live (Oct. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of lalocurto / setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Not sure why you pap on about his age, Peter Hook is 67 and gets around the stage like he is 20, he will also play 35 songs on his substance tour playing for at least 2.5 hours.
Charlie Harper from UK SUBS is 79, They have been pretty much touring consistently the last 10 years - they've just done 5 nights at the 100 club doing 25 song setlists. He doesn't have the money and access to the lavish and luxury like Morrissey does, Age is irrelevant
. Morrissey is just complacent, he knows that fans worship him and that means he can be lazy... he doesn't have to ensure that people turn up to gigs because he knows that even if he did spoken word versions of WPINOYB in Icelandic and sieg heil, people would turn up.

give it up with hooky,dont take this the wrong way but nobody is interested.
Put your porridge and phone down and go for a walk. You spend way too much time online.
I’m no New Order fan or Hooky, but Incan appreciate their contribution.
Morrissey will meanwhile add Morning Starship back to the setlist I’m informed !

He's 10 years younger than Springsteen and 3 years older than Tom Cruise. He just looks elderly because he's lazy.
We are all so different. It was the "Back on the Chain Gang" video sent to me by YouTube that finally ended my 35+ year passion for Tom Cruise! I had liked Tom partly because of his acceptance of his imperfections including the wonky teeth and wonky nose. But he was starting to look a bit ridiculous in his quest for eternal youth - sometimes I didn't even recognise him. Morrissey reminded me that one can accept the passage of time and still be attractive. There is an old interview where Morrissey says something like the idea of ageing and having white hair wasn't a big worry to him, apologies to the devout fans for my horrendous paraphrasing. Maybe if he falls in love with something other than music the sparkle people are seeking will return!

Full gig ( only audio )
Enjoy :)

Why doesn't he take a creative leap?

He already did on Dog On A Chain which was musically completely removed from any other solo work. All of the last 3 albums have moved on sonically from anything earlier, the weakest parts of them are the lyrics, although he has managed one or two surprises ("I'm Not A Man", "Istanbul", "Jacky") and ambitious near-misses ("Mountjoy").

Concert Review: Morrissey at Hard Rock Live

3 photos.

Put your porridge and phone down and go for a walk. You spend way too much time online.
I’m no New Order fan or Hooky, but Incan appreciate their contribution.
Morrissey will meanwhile add Morning Starship back to the setlist I’m informed !
yeah in sure he will.

He already did on Dog On A Chain which was musically completely removed from any other solo work. All of the last 3 albums have moved on sonically from anything earlier, the weakest parts of them are the lyrics, although he has managed one or two surprises ("I'm Not A Man", "Istanbul", "Jacky") and ambitious near-misses ("Mountjoy").
Kinda not what I was talking about.

We are all so different. It was the "Back on the Chain Gang" video sent to me by YouTube that finally ended my 35+ year passion for Tom Cruise! I had liked Tom partly because of his acceptance of his imperfections including the wonky teeth and wonky nose. But he was starting to look a bit ridiculous in his quest for eternal youth - sometimes I didn't even recognise him. Morrissey reminded me that one can accept the passage of time and still be attractive. There is an old interview where Morrissey says something like the idea of ageing and having white hair wasn't a big worry to him, apologies to the devout fans for my horrendous paraphrasing. Maybe if he falls in love with something other than music the sparkle people are seeking will return!
and
if he wakens in the morning with a pulse hes doing well and you want him to change everything from top to bottom,at his age this aint happening,a new wardrobe,its not joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat,second thought that could be a good look.

I thought it could be fun if occasionally he came on wearing a wig in the style of musicians he liked, such as Marc Bolan, Johnny Thunders, Bowie of certain eras, Kristeen Young?!

Thanks to Morrissey redditers again, for this top quality video compilation

It's not a bad setlist, but since I've followed him and the Smiths for so long and seen him again over the past couple of years, this setlist really hasn't changed that much. It's only because the tour is called "40 Years" that I expected a little shakeup because there are SO MANY songs in the catalogue. I'm glad to see the show. Maybe a few things will be added as the tour progresses.

There are similar types of complaints about the setlists throughout the archive for a substantial amount of the tour history.
That said, when Brendan says they rehearsed 100 songs and plays a sample from Rubber Ring - it does hint at the potential for something more than what has been performed in Florida currently. I'd further guess the knives will be out if the Memphis gig goes without anything Elvis-related.
FWD.

Ta very much, luv! A tight grip definirely has its uses! BTW, counting on you to identify the yellow star he wore. I'm not one for wearing symbols or words, but this intrigues me because yellow star is usually associated with Jews but it's not that, and yet Israel is dominating the news.
It was just a gift from an adoring fan from Germany. It says “Do your best”

So like the track from Southpaw Grammar, “Do your best and don’t worry”

It was just a gift from an adoring fan from Germany. It says “Do your best”

So like the track from Southpaw Grammar, “Do your best and don’t worry”
Thanks! I did think I could faintly see words on it, so that's good to know what they were.

First, I'm a huge Morrissey fan and I will ALWAYS go to see I'm when he tours. But can "40 years of Morrissey" really be summed up in 18-21 songs? Paul McCartney, in his 80s and vegan, performs for more than 2 hours and 36 songs. Why does Morrissey short change his fans?
Legend that he is, Paul McCartbey sounds terrible live!

I do agree this is some kind of dumpster fire he doesn't care to put out/ The lower quality fans aren't really helping either. When you are young and good looking and talented, you can get away with a lot; he is none of those things anymore and he hasn't bothered to compensate by working on his talent a bit more. As many have pointed out, loads of people his age tour and put on great shows. everyone is raving about New Order right now. It doesn't happen by accident. I would imagine you have to work a lot harder as you get older and he is just lazy and out of touch. He doesn't even seem aware of this. His 2 unreleased albums, or the songs we have heard, are absolute garbage, yet he insists they are the best of his career. As long he keeps selling tickets, and that doesn't even seem to matter to him since he cancels so much, he will keep making money and lowering expectations, and people will pay him to do it.
I have to agree .
Im one of those that think it all started to go dowm hill when he moved to America , after that Jake thing and the court case .
His looks were already on the way out when The Importance of Beimg Morrissey came out . He looked mid 50s then. He seemed to get hmself together for a few apperances around Quarry and the videos from Ringleaders, but some make up , hair dye and filters were in play but from there it really was a dowm hill ride. Some of the photoshoppimg of photos are funny as hell , some magazine covers were like animation, the picture he used on California Son was photo shopped alot then to make it worse they used the same picture for tours and photoshopped it even more , they did a good job , in terms of making him look 40 but much altered . The picture that jake thing took of him.for Years Of Refusal was the one that wasn't released where he is wearing a Mexican outfit is a scream. It's likr they made his face look younger and photo shopped his head on someone else's body, it obviously is his body but thinned out. Poor guy he really went down hill in his late 40s , in looks and talent. It was like he gave up , his dress sense went out the window as well. He was stylish as hell in the Smiths and Sharpe in the 90s. He was still a bit of a dandy fot a while around Quarry / Ringleaders but after that , it was bad. I mean sure he was older but Bowie, Brett , Bryan Ferry, Paul Weller , Jarvis and a load of others made the effort still , once they past 50. Again, it was like he gave up . Like many people before have said his voice gets better and it seems all he cares about is singing because his lyrics seemed to get worse and worse. I agree with the theory that he relied on his easy to please South American audience too much and became lazy . He lost alot of his poetic flair making it easy for Americans and Latinos to get, alot still dont . I think.that was a huge mistake , he could have kept his audience in long term if he challenged more . The real turm off since Low In Highschool has been this more rant based lryrics . It's likr he writes whstever he is talking about in the pub.
The magic was fading fast by 2008 then it deeped further around 2014 and nose dived from 2018 unward.. I don't think much of his current set list either . He seems bored , alot

I have to agree .
Im one of those that think it all started to go dowm hill when he moved to America , after that Jake thing and the court case .
His looks were already on the way out when The Importance of Beimg Morrissey came out . He looked mid 50s then. He seemed to get hmself together for a few apperances around Quarry and the videos from Ringleaders, but some make up , hair dye and filters were in play but from there it really was a dowm hill ride. Some of the photoshoppimg of photos are funny as hell , some magazine covers were like animation, the picture he used on California Son was photo shopped alot then to make it worse they used the same picture for tours and photoshopped it even more , they did a good job , in terms of making him look 40 but much altered . The picture that jake thing took of him.for Years Of Refusal was the one that wasn't released where he is wearing a Mexican outfit is a scream. It's likr they made his face look younger and photo shopped his head on someone else's body, it obviously is his body but thinned out. Poor guy he really went down hill in his late 40s , in looks and talent. It was like he gave up , his dress sense went out the window as well. He was stylish as hell in the Smiths and Sharpe in the 90s. He was still a bit of a dandy fot a while around Quarry / Ringleaders but after that , it was bad. I mean sure he was older but Bowie, Brett , Bryan Ferry, Paul Weller , Jarvis and a load of others made the effort still , once they past 50. Again, it was like he gave up . Like many people before have said his voice gets better and it seems all he cares about is singing because his lyrics seemed to get worse and worse. I agree with the theory that he relied on his easy to please South American audience too much and became lazy . He lost alot of his poetic flair making it easy for Americans and Latinos to get, alot still dont . I think.that was a huge mistake , he could have kept his audience in long term if he challenged more . The real turm off since Low In Highschool has been this more rant based lryrics . It's likr he writes whstever he is talking about in the pub.
The magic was fading fast by 2008 then it deeped further around 2014 and nose dived from 2018 unward.. I don't think much of his current set list either . He seems bored , alot
He lost alot of his poetic flair making it easy for Americans and Latinos to get, alot still dont

I am not really sure what you mean by this

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom