PETA UK (via Gloucestershire Live): "Morrissey writes to TUI demanding they stop selling trips to parks" (May 1, 2024)

20240501_112851.jpg

1_morrissey-slams-1178285.jpg

He wrote: "TUI now has the dubious distinction of being the last major travel provider in the UK to provide a financial lifeline to these watery little hellholes. Contrary to your company tagline, the animals imprisoned at marine parks do not Live Happy.
"Anyone with a thinking bone in their body – or a drop of compassion – knows that not only does captivity kill the spirit of these imprisoned, intelligent, social beings, it often kills them."

He concludes his letter by asking: “Please will you find it in your heart – or realise that your business is tainted by these venues – and stop supporting these magnificent sea animals’ suffering?”

Same:

Letter-to-Andrew-Flintham-from-Morrissey (1)-page-001.jpg

The full statement tends to surface eventually if there is one (edit: see above).
Regards,
FWD.

I dunno, I went to see the dolphins at The Aquarium in Boston and they seemed pretty happy, so did the penguins. I think they don't have dolphins anymore because of stupid whiners like Morrissey.

I dunno, I went to see the dolphins at The Aquarium in Boston and they seemed pretty happy, so did the penguins. I think they don't have dolphins anymore because of stupid whiners like Morrissey.

I think they give the animals "something" to make them happy. On that subject, I went to a new zoo the other day. I was really looking forward to it, but it rubbish. I got there and...they only had one dog on display. It was a Shih Tzu.

As predicted, the letter was shared in full:

Letter-to-Andrew-Flintham-from-Morrissey (1)-page-001.jpg

Letter added to OP.
FWD.

Actually, they were. I was there you idiot, you weren't. Learn how to think for yourself instead of just following The Cult of Morrissey.

Ummm actually… you don’t know what you’re talking about at all.
Since you have no idea WHO you are speaking to and my own professional background, let me just tell you, I know more about this than you would believe.

The dolphins and sea lions at the NEAQ were not happy. The space provided was incredibly small for their appropriate lifestyle and expected lifespan.

And also don’t call me an idiot please.

Last edited:
I love when Morrissey speaks about the things he values. With him, you don't see that displayed any more passionately than you do regarding animal causes.

That being said, I love the Baltimore Aquarium, but can still appreciate Morrissey's perspective here as I do value life. If they did away with dolphin shows globally, I could live with it - as it's not really a big thing for me to begin with. Preach on, Morrissey!

Only ever seen real life dolphins in Morecombe bloody years ago. I am dreaming of a time when I have saved enough money to visit whales in their natural habitat's. I love whales.
Apparently orcas
can be seen in Scotland now.Well done Morrissey.

View attachment 103764

View attachment 103765

He wrote: "TUI now has the dubious distinction of being the last major travel provider in the UK to provide a financial lifeline to these watery little hellholes. Contrary to your company tagline, the animals imprisoned at marine parks do not Live Happy.
"Anyone with a thinking bone in their body – or a drop of compassion – knows that not only does captivity kill the spirit of these imprisoned, intelligent, social beings, it often kills them."

He concludes his letter by asking: “Please will you find it in your heart – or realise that your business is tainted by these venues – and stop supporting these magnificent sea animals’ suffering?”

Same:

View attachment 103776

The full statement tends to surface eventually if there is one (edit: see above).
Regards,
FWD.

What a hero.

I'd like to demand Peta to demand Morrissey release new music instead of whatever it is he *is* doing. When you consider that the last time Morrissey released any new music that got any attention was 2017 (California Son doesn't count, and IANADOAC's release at the beginning of Covid means it faded like a fart in the wind), you realize why he is f'd. The #1 reason Morrissey isn't relevant today is because it's been almost 7 years since he released new music that was promoted. It's also sad this coincides with his declining ability to tour (which has always gotten him through lean times) which is largely due to his not seeming to take care of himself, both physically [chips and cold coronas] and mentally [sorry Perth and Auckland]. If Morrissey doesn't release new music and tour, does he even still exist? Is he just back to being Steven now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom