New Morrissey interview in Rookie

Yeah, the world's ills would vanish if guys were all catty, limpwristed queens.

Unfortunately, the species is dependent on heterosexuals to survive.

Shucks.

The second startling insight in one thread from Skylarker's towering intellect. Read up on Picasso, David Hockney, Peter Blake, Ken Russell, even Quentin Tarantino and Iggy Pop and you'll find that they, and many more great artists besides, have all said very similar things.

Your need to continually attack is so deeply embarrassing.

I don't give a f*** if Martian Jesus landed in my lap and said it. It would sound pathetic coming from him and it sounds pathetic coming from a man in his 50s.

If you don't understand the difference between confessing, at age 53, a continued reverence for artistic influences that you found solace in as teenager and saying "I'm still my teenage self" then you're even more of a moron then one would assume based solely on the fact that you have lost the privilege to log in here, yet still feel the need to be a part of things.

Don't understand at all the assumption about a homosexual disdain for killing and war.

"Mad" Mike Calvert , Blair "Paddy" Mayne & Siegfried Sassoon ( just to mention three names that spring to mind ) were homosexual and renowned soldiers who killed with the best of them in combat ...

Wonder if the remark was more tongue - in - cheek than it appears ?

What happened to "I'm so glad to grow older/to move away from those younger years"??

interesting question - i think Morrissey is suggesting it could instead be a manifestation of sexuality.

I think that's been proved to be nonsense throughout this thread. As mentioned by others Morrissey's forte recently is the sweeping, ill-informed generalisation.

Now lets see if you can debate something without name calling?

Sir Humphrey Appleby is a legendary character in British comedy, but if you are insecure enough to think being called that is a slur you are even dafter than you initially seemed to be. It was actually a compliment.

Checked out your site by the way. Nice colour scheme.

Naturally I was drawn immediately to the vexed question of whether or not my cat eats meat because of the tenuous Morrissey connection. He says that although he does indeed eat meat, he does however often wear a pink tie, owns a grey checked sports jacket, and likes to hang around with anorexic pirate chancers.

I think that's been proved to be nonsense throughout this thread. As mentioned by others Morrissey's forte recently is the sweeping, ill-informed generalisation.

Sir Humphrey Appleby is a legendary character in British comedy, but if you are insecure enough to think being called that is a slur you are even dafter than you initially seemed to be. It was actually a compliment.

Checked out your site by the way. Nice colour scheme.

Naturally I was drawn immediately to the vexed question of whether or not my cat eats meat because of the tenuous Morrissey connection. He says that although he does indeed eat meat, he does however often wear a pink tie, owns a grey checked sports jacket, and likes to hang around with anorexic pirate chancers.

Saying it can't be true because that Myra was a lady and she was a right nasty one etc isn't proof or debate its just silly.
I know who Sir Humphrey Appleby is and i took it as a compliment - thank you - that wasn't the name calling i was referring to
I don't own or have anything to do with allyouneedismorrissey.com.
Your cat sounds like the best thing about you - Meow.

Last edited:
If Morrissey believes even a fraction of the things he says to the press, then I'm Mike Joyce. It's called comedy, and even if Morrissey can only manage to amuse himself with his responses that's probably all for the best since I can imagine that after nearly thirty years, some of these questions have grown incredibly tedious!

Ne has a point though. I do love killing. Shame there's all these heterosexual men who have deemed it against the law like police, lawyers n' such :)

- marred.

Good way to put it. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's doing shtick in interviews (though there is that element in the stage banter), but he certainly says things for effect. Freddie Mercury's interviews had a similar feel though Freddie was clear about the "performance" aspect of what he did.

"sign a Grown-Up Document" made me laugh out loud.

If Morrissey believes even a fraction of the things he says to the press, then I'm Mike Joyce. It's called comedy, and even if Morrissey can only manage to amuse himself with his responses that's probably all for the best since I can imagine that after nearly thirty years, some of these questions have grown incredibly tedious!

I think that's called a Mantrain.

Morrissey is estimated to have a net worth of $32 million dollars and you never see him with a woman. Case closed.

That's because he's dating Deano the hairstylist

Please give me that cut,dry and blow hold the cut and dry.

"War, I thought, was the most negative aspect of male heterosexuality. If more men were homosexual, there would be no wars, because homosexual men would never kill other men, whereas heterosexual men love killing other men. They even get medals for it. Women don’t go to war to kill other women. Wars and armies and nuclear weapons are essentially heterosexual hobbies."

Hello Morrissey.
Alexander The Great. most Caesar's and Popes: 'bisexual'.
Did you actually watch 'Spartacus'?

Thatcher. Heterosexual.

Catherine The Great. died impaled on a horse's dong. or was that someone else?

So, are you gay/bi/omni/a? Is a vegan man more or less of a warmonger than a carnivore woman?

If I'm a vegan zoophile am I more/less 'warlike' than a bisexual omnivore who supports 'Compassion In World Farming'? Or is sex not a form of war? Have you read Foucoult? Have you thought of taking a few years off to do a formal education. Maybe Oxford? Ethics, philosophy, rhetoric? My son and heir is having an interview today at Sussex for phil/ethics. He's quite smitten with you at the moment, but I've had to point out your 'blindspots'.

Haven't read the whole interview or other comments here. Off to Mama Roma for the smoke ritual. Might bump into you depending on your throat thing.

onwards! upwards! in Jubilo!
amor fati
Cardinal BB

Are we gorilla/chimp/bonobo/Neanderthal hybrid or wot? Should we stop gorillas killing bonobos? Not that there's many of my soul bros and sistas left in those forests cleared for metals for phones, laptops and recording studio equipment.

I'm sure I'm not the only hetero who is against war. Morrissey can say the stupidest things sometimes, or for that matter, quite juvenile. It only reaffirms his regression...Benjamin Button

Still considers himself a teenager? I thought he was disgusted with his teenage years? Get it together Morrissey, you're losing it

I believe Morrissey speaks with his heart.I`m sure he says some of these things just to make a point.Yes there are women who kill.And gay people kill too.I`m sure Mozzer knows that.Here in the states though as we all know there has been lot`s of gun violence.Most of these were committed by men.Such as Columbine,Virginia Tech ect..ect..

About him saying that he is still his teenage self.I think there is a bit of truth in that.If your teenage years were painful and you didn`t quite fit in you sometimes carry a little bit of that with you.It doesn`t mean that you don`t move on it just means that it affected you.When people are bullied and called names it is painful.How many stories have we heard about people being bullied to the breaking point and take their own lives because they are in so much pain.I don`t know maybe he means something like that.I guess if your teenage years were ideal maybe you couldn`t understand.

Oh the irony "following the older sibling (or in your case and in this sites case - Morrissey) around obsessively, insulting them to get attention, anything to make himself look less of a failure" - remind you of anyone?

Morrisey-solo is no longer the place for Morrissey news, recently the interesting stuff appears at allyouneedismorrissey.com first - get used to it. You should probably start checking there first from now on if you want to be updated on whats going on.

Its laughable that you use Morrissey completely imagined "interest" as your gauge for what is good

We've already established COUNTLESS times that there's no reasoning with you, so f*** OFF.

P.

"9,488 troops were discharged from the U.S. military from 1994 through 2003 for disclosing their homosexuality"

whoops.

10,000 men are raped in the U.S. army every year and they are hardly raped in a heterosexual way as this is technically not possible.

I read about this in regards to a documentary that was nominated for an Academy Award.

The second startling insight in one thread from Skylarker's towering intellect. Read up on Picasso, David Hockney, Peter Blake, Ken Russell, even Quentin Tarantino and Iggy Pop and you'll find that they, and many more great artists besides, have all said very similar things.

Your need to continually attack is so deeply embarrassing.

It is hardly a secret that Morrissey very often says things that he has heard or read other people say and does things that he has heard other people say.

During the past years he claimed several times that he is over his old self. But to notice this would be asked too much of certain people who so obviously love to speak others after their mouth.

He has his phases. Right now he is apparently going through his homosexual and lonely phase again. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was kickstarted by the time he just spent in Los Angeles and the two parties he went to.

I am not surprised that he is obsessed with loneliness again, because his eyes on the picture with Russell Brand were alarmingly blank. Well, alarmingly if I really bothered. I felt lonely so often at his concerts that I am not really bothered. The only concert there I really left on cloud seven was the first one. After that I unfortunately encountered his aggressive homosexual fans which are amongst his homoerotic loving heterosexual fans amongst the worst people around the world, which cannot be repeated often enough.

Morrissey:

Wishing more men were homosexuals.
Discussing what brand nail polish he wears.
Admitting that he went to a Madonna concert in the last few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey and Tavi Gevinson. Sounds like teen heaven bookends. Rookie is pretty awesome. Great interview and illustration. Read it like 10 times.

We've already established COUNTLESS times that there's no reasoning with you, so f*** OFF.

P.

no I going to hang about here and repeatedly point out your failings. Then I going to buy this place as i understand the site can be controlled for the right amount of cash and then I'll have you fired.

good day

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom