New Morrissey interview in Rookie

Yeah, the world's ills would vanish if guys were all catty, limpwristed queens.

Unfortunately, the species is dependent on heterosexuals to survive.

Shucks.

Very interesting interview, posted online.

Intriguing snippet -

"War, I thought, was the most negative aspect of male heterosexuality. If more men were homosexual, there would be no wars, because homosexual men would never kill other men, whereas heterosexual men love killing other men. They even get medals for it. Women don’t go to war to kill other women. Wars and armies and nuclear weapons are essentially heterosexual hobbies."

http://rookiemag.com/2013/02/this-charming-man-an-interview-with-morrissey/

What is "intriguing" about such a dumb statement?

PS. Can we all officially accept that he has 'outed' himself, then? Pretty sure he doesn't put himself in the category of "heterosexual men who love killing other men"!

Morrissey never had the guts to come out of the closet.

What is "intriguing" about such a dumb statement?

Intriguing because I think it's as close as he has yet come to identifying himself as homosexual instead of playing coy all the time. And because the rest of the interview is boring waffle. He's trolling the interviewer, of course, but then he always does.

Only just seen this. How the hell did a little-known magazine made for 14 year old girls get an interview with Morrissey?

I kind of wondered that too.

Morrissey never had the guts to come out of the closet.

I really don't think it has anything to do with guts. Seeing's how close Moz's fans get to him, allowing us to get on stage and hug him, can you imagine the level of danger he would be in if some homophobic nutjob were to get up there under the guise of hugging him and then attacking him? There's an inherent risk of letting people in your personal space; Moz thrives on the physical touch of people. Besides...it really is none of our business. If he is- fine. If he's not- fine. Just keep singing...Just keep singing...Just keep singing...singing, singing....

Hitler's favourite was stuffed squabs-go and google what that particular "vegetarian" dish is then us all why you claim Hitler was a veggie?

.. absolute nonsense (my response to Morrissey's pronouncements)

sadly, there is no simplistic explanation of human nature-
the evil we are capable of favors neither gender nor sexual preference.

IF there are fewer homosexual male warmongers, I would attribute this to the simple fact that there are fewer homosexuals in the human population (~10%).

ditto for women: IF there is less documented cruelty/killing by women (thus far), why not look at women's relative lack of power within the Western societal model. there were certainly female Nazi/SS officers (positions of power) whose sadism was no less horrific than their male counterparts.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom