Dunfermline, Scotland - Alhambra Theatre (June 20, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // This Charming Man

set list provided by Liam Temple

Review: Morrissey – Alhambra Theatre, Dunfermline 20 June 2011 - Jocknroll Ain't Noise Pollution
link posted by miseryguts

Morrissey - Alhambra Theatre, Dunfermline, Mon 20 June 2011 by Malcolm Jack, The List.
link from Kays

Last edited:
Re: Article: Dunfermline, Scotland - Alhambra Theater (June 20, 2011) post-show

has anyone noticed it was a different background tonight?

The back drop is the one that was mooted on here a few weeks ago with the actor holding on to the statue (The statue looks like it's about to do his head in with a rock) - I've no idea where it's from.

Posting from my taxi home but I have NEVER seen him better. Yeah, the sets now are a sprint to finish - tonight was 80mins end to end - but my god, the passion he put into every song. His voice was perfect, the time off has definitely healed him up, there was no cracking or wavering of notes and even better, no grunting or skipping lyrics.

Meat is Murder on this tour is ....almost scary. "Kill.Eat.Murder" sent shivers down my spine. The band were tight, so tight. All the Jesse haters, you might not like his sound but damn, he really can play live.

A triumphant night. Can't wait to see what he does for Glastonbury. Oh and if he wears a 'Steven "Action" Morrissey' tshirt- black with red sparkly letters - its one I had made for him.

GC

He called us "gracious".
Another sublime experience.
Vital Vital Vital.

The new cover star is Anthony Franciosca in "Senilita" (1962).
I preferred Bardot.

PETA may be killers but ETA ate better at it.

GORA ETA MILITA

With your picture(s) on my wall. Even though I am leaving, house, a half life disappears today but then there are a few pictures left anyways.
My favorite picture is the one with you on the cover of YOR, where you are holding your beautiful precious son Sebastien and it‘s still there. I also still have the Swords cover picture, but the pictures on the wall have to come down soon. All.
They will be put up again wherever I end up.

I think that there should be more videos on YouTube of you performing AIMMN and then, because Action at this particular time June 20, 2011, Action is my favorite new song which in my opinion has topped anything on YOR songs. Even though I still love the other two new songs, People, etc. and Looker. I am not writing out the full names as my secretary Stan is typing this out for me as I’m on a thousand downers now, I’m drowsy. And he is lazy.

I’m just like you in a way.
I heard that you said that the fans are not too talkative at your concerts recently. You shouldn’t worry about them being overly chatterly to you so much at your concerts. Do you remember in the early 90s when you used to just say Thank You? I do.

I’m your biggest fan.

Truly yours

Your biggest fan

This is Bonnie

P.S. Everything you say is real. Because you tell it. My bf is jealous cause I talk about you 24/7. Because he don’t know you like I know you Morrissey. No one does.

P.P.S. We should be together too.

"I also still have the Swords cover picture, but the pictures on the wall have to come down soon. All.
They will be put up again wherever I end up."

Broadmoor?

Before you sign any more autographs please sign a restraining order. :pray: kthx.

"I also still have the Swords cover picture, but the pictures on the wall have to come down soon. All.
They will be put up again wherever I end up."

Broadmoor?

:lbf:

Morrissey usually "hates" singles that didn't sell well but he seems to have a soft spot for Ouija Board.

Vox seems to be in very good condition.

This video is kind of hilarious. I think the person taking it was either getting sleepy or trying to make an action movie out of it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
After this week, I think my liver has officially died. But the sound at this venue was AMAZING. Don't you think?

He called us "gracious".
Another sublime experience.
Vital Vital Vital.

The new cover star is Anthony Franciosca in "Senilita" (1962).
I preferred Bardot.

Was it definitely Bardot as there seems to be some debate? Diana Dors and Britt Ekland have also been mentioned. I'd put my money on Diana Dors.

Loved the show but can someone who knows more than me please explain the montage before He came on stage? Was that some random time fillers chosen by the venue or was it a significant Morrisey statement?
And does anyone know what was in the red box that someone in the front row handed over? We were too far back to make out what it was.

what time has he been coming on etc?

Around about 9pm.

Support finished by 8.30pm and some interesting films leading up to the great man.

Loved the show but can someone who knows more than me please explain the montage before He came on stage? Was that some random time fillers chosen by the venue or was it a significant Morrisey statement?
And does anyone know what was in the red box that someone in the front row handed over? We were too far back to make out what it was.

No, never chosen by the venue - Always carefully chosen by Morrissey himself!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom