Aylesbury - Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (July 23, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Our Frank / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:

That was awesome of him to stop the song to stop the violence against the Brazilian Canadian woman trying to get a handshake, getting her up on stage to give her a tender cuddle, and then to restart the song, and in it he kept saying "You're not going home again." or something like that. Very interesting rendition of the Ripper.

I wonder why he has already dropped Notre Dame, such a great song... 😂

don’t worry. It’ll be back in the set in time for the show you’re attending. ;)

It's not bragging, it's just sharing and there ain't nothing wrong with that. As for tours we're used to it down here. In 2015 and 2016 we were spoiled with back to back tours with a residency at the Sydney Opera House 2015 and a mini tour of cities he's never played before in 2016 but nothing since then. Our fault for being so far away ;)
This is what i like about this site when he is on tour Marred, all the other bullshit is left aside, the reason why most of us come here is our shared love of Morrissey, and when you're in the room with him its magic, which is all we want, and a new album.
Im still buzzing 2 nights after seeing him

Yeah, that's a real design flaw, because the view is always obstructed. They should point that out to the buyer and make it cheaper. There's a big venue in my town where they actually say it on the ticket buying site, that if you buy seats at the very side of the stage, that the view might be obstructed and its not even THAT bad. Poor attendee.
Been to many shows like this even from the first row had obstructed views. Sometimes the venue will note it as such but most of the time they won't. They will sell the ticket full price even if you are in front of a brick wall side stage. And it's tough to check these things out beforehand as the final set up can change last minute for each show.

Just got back,I went to Portsmouth,The Troxy and tonight's was my favourite of the three.I don't know why but I do.After the gig ended I went to the merchandise stall and enquired about the signed lps and there was two left.So I treated myself to a signed The World Won't Listen.
I managed to get one before the gig , I kinda knew of I saw one of get it. Ran back to the car with it !! glad you got one. A Lot of money but lifes too short. I wonder how many there are for sale every night ?

Yeah definately Surface, the 84, 85 gigs were great but by 86 and with Craig joining they sounded properly, as you said, beefed up. Johnny was free to play around a bit more and Craig, although there were problems personally, is a really great guitar player and backed up Johnny perfectly, Craig definately wasn't a show off. And 'Rank' would never have sounded so great had they been a 4 piece.
The excitement felt for those 86 shows ill never forget

I’m a big fan of New Order but at the Festival of The Tenth Summer The Smiths were stunning and definitely the best band on the day.

Looks and sounds like it was a great gig
& Unique venue to see him in.

I’m looking forward already to the next U.K. / Europe dates , hopefully get to see him next year (if not November / Xmas after the US shows if we’re lucky
I know. Wish I bloody ruddy went

Only ever found audio from the 10th summer gig, my only Smiths gig, simply awesome. I gave a lecture in the same venue a few times and always start with a picture of the gig.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom