Suede Bootlegs 92-95

Yes, it's on The Wild Ones. Dolly is another great b-side that's missing from Sci-Fi Lullabies. Here in the US, we got a live version of He's Dead as a b-side on The Drowners single.

I've actually made my own Anderson/Butler B-side collection, with all the B-sides they wrote together during the first two albums chronologically listed, including those which aren't on "Sci-Fi Lullabies".
Also, to make it a bit more special, I put the short version of "Stay together" as the first track on the cd, and the long version of it as the last track. :) So it's a nice collection. I couldn't fit in "Eno's introducing the band" (due to space issues) on there though, so that's missing, but well...I can do without it really. =P

Suede Up close and personal (Singapore 2002)
Video mpeg 420 MB

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V2QNDKWJ

Sorry for the delay. I hope you'll enjoy :)

Thank you, I enjoyed it! I'm not too keen about the changes in Brett's voice which could be heard on their last album, but here it worked quite well. Especially on "Lazy". But there's probably a reason behind why he has stopped with the falsetto in the chorus of "The wild ones" during his solo performances nowadays... :(
The only bad thing about the gig, was that they didn't play "Lost in TV". =( Basically my only favorite on "A new morning". As a whole though, it was great! So thanks. :)

Re: Suede: Iceland Airwaves Festival, Oct. 21, 2000

did any of the acoustic rehearsal tapes get leaked to anyone here? suede recorded soundchecks/rehearsals of the acoustic shows i think it was around 2001? 2002? would love to hear them. also let me know if anyone is missing any suede rarities, got a load (especially acoustic ;) )

I've found an user on soulseek called "bernard butler" who has tons of live, b-sides, acoustic and it will take me months to download them all.

P.S. the Glastonbury gig in 93. Isn't it a weird choice to start with The Next Life? I see it more as song to play in the middle of the set or better still at the end.

I've found an user on soulseek called "bernard butler" who has tons of live, b-sides, acoustic and it will take me months to download them all.

P.S. the Glastonbury gig in 93. Isn't it a weird choice to start with The Next Life? I see it more as song to play in the middle of the set or better still at the end.

That was intentional. :) They often started the gigs in 1993 with a typical encore number of songs.

Re: Suede: Iceland Airwaves Festival, Oct. 21, 2000

did any of the acoustic rehearsal tapes get leaked to anyone here? suede recorded soundchecks/rehearsals of the acoustic shows i think it was around 2001? 2002? would love to hear them. also let me know if anyone is missing any suede rarities, got a load (especially acoustic ;) )

I'm happy about any gigs from 1992-1995 which I haven't mentioned being in my "collection", and those which already have been uploaded on here. :) So bring it on. =D

that's how the Love and Poision video starts off..I would say for a festival its an awkward choice but for their own shows, its an amazing opener..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I enjoyed it! I'm not too keen about the changes in Brett's voice which could be heard on their last album, but here it worked quite well. Especially on "Lazy". But there's probably a reason behind why he has stopped with the falsetto in the chorus of "The wild ones" during his solo performances nowadays... :(
The only bad thing about the gig, was that they didn't play "Lost in TV". =( Basically my only favorite on "A new morning". As a whole though, it was great! So thanks. :)

Yes,he needs back-up singers now to hit the falsetto :(
I miss his "early years voice", but it worked quite well acoustic.
I'm more a Butler era fan....

"Lost in TV". =( Basically my only favorite on "A new morning".

I'm listening a lot to ANM these days. It's not so a bad album. I like Obsessions very much, and Beautiful Loser, Lost In TV, Positivity and Untitled. But why oh why does he sing "I-I'll be your wild flower gro-own..... bo-orn? It's unbearable, and he does it very often in the ANM era and even in some of last year shows.

from 1.40

why?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm listening a lot to ANM these days. It's not so a bad album. I like Obsessions very much, and Beautiful Loser, Lost In TV, Positivity and Untitled. But why oh why does he sing "I-I'll be your wild flower gro-own..... bo-orn? It's unbearable, and he does it very often in the ANM era and even in some of last year shows.

why?

Yeah, I know! It's irritating, when it's such a small thing, which could be fixed so easily. But he doesn't seem to want to fix that... =(

Oh-oh, If you'll stay :(

I have the Acoustic studio rehearsals 2002:
Obsessions
Positivity
Lost in tv
Trash
Everything will flow
She's in fashion

I'll try to post it early next week, if you want it.

I guess 90% of fans are more Butler era fans ;)

back-up singers: what are you referring to?
acoustic: I've seen him in Italy and it was wonderful. oh, and the crowd did the falsetto (kind of) :D

Yeah, me too. =( Have you listened to the ICA shows? There, I think he pulls off some of the early songs quite well actually.

Same here, which you've probably noticed. ;):p

I guess 90% of fans are more Butler era fans ;)

back-up singers: what are you referring to?
acoustic: I've seen him in Italy and it was wonderful. oh, and the crowd did the falsetto (kind of) :D

Just kidding ;)
Yes, Bretts crowd is wonderful. I really love what he is doing, his music is haunting. :cool:
But his falsetto is gone :tears:

I read in a recent interview with Brett and he says that he can still hit those falsettos but that he doesn't feel like it or wants to. He says that he is really taking care of his voice nowadays. What my best friend (who I turn to a mini Suede fan) loves more about Suede is Brett's voice and those falsettos. I love the whole package. They just take me to another world.:)

I read in a recent interview with Brett and he says that he can still hit those falsettos but that he doesn't feel like it or wants to. He says that he is really taking care of his voice nowadays. What my best friend (who I turn to a mini Suede fan) loves more about Suede is Brett's voice and those falsettos. I love the whole package. They just take me to another world.:)

I don't know how but his voice is better now than 5 years ago so he might be telling the truth.

Back
Top Bottom