Strange/unexpected Moz references?

a few mornings ago after arriving at work, someone switched the radio on (i dont usually allow it as it annoys me all that inane chatter/ads and crap muzak) anyhow, i found myself feeling my ears to see if my mp3 was still there, because i could hear Heaven knows im miserable now' and I was so shocked to realise it WAS the radio not in my head/mp3, LOL
uncanny because that morning i was feeling particularly miserable at having to be at work.
it made my week. (sad i know,)
:D:cool:

a few mornings ago after arriving at work, someone switched the radio on (i dont usually allow it as it annoys me all that inane chatter/ads and crap muzak) anyhow, i found myself feeling my ears to see if my mp3 was still there, because i could hear Heaven knows im miserable now' and I was so shocked to realise it WAS the radio not in my head/mp3, LOL
uncanny because that morning i was feeling particularly miserable at having to be at work.
it made my week. (sad i know,)
:D:cool:

are you mad? how do you drive with no radio??

I was hanging around an internet cafe and just as I was about to leave, This Charming Man came on. I gave a surprised gasp, and loitered around the doorways with a big grin on my face, attracting far too much attention, until it ended :D

Also, I don't think this really counts, but once my georgaphy teacher used the phrase 'six months is a long time' and I jumped and announced, "Oh my God, I love that song!" It was like a reflex! She didn't get it, and neither did anyone else in the classroom...it must have looked really funny to a non-Smiths fan, considering she was talking about juvenile deliquency and stuff. Needless to say, the teacher wasn't pleased with me...

Last edited:
I was hanging around an internet cafe and just as I was about to leave, This Charming Man came on. I gave a surprised gasp, and loitered around the doorways with a big grin on my face, attracting far too much attention, until it ended :D

Also, I don't think this really counts, but once my georgaphy teacher used the phrase 'six months is a long time' and I jumped and announced, "Oh my God, I love that song!" It was like a reflex! She didn't get it, and neither did anyone else in the classroom...it must have looked really funny to a non-Smiths song, considering she was talking about juvenile deliquency and stuff. Needless to say, the teacher wasn't pleased with me...

ahahhahaha, that teachers probably scared of you now... :cool:

Just saw the lame movie Definitely Maybe last night, and love interest #2 (Isla Fisher) first appears wearing a brown Smiths t-shirt (with a pic of the debut album). The scene took place in 1992, and she's supposed to be an edgy, artistic character. :rolleyes:

Re: unlikely morrissey shirt spotting

The first time I saw Morrissey in person was at the Greatwestern Forum in Inglewood. Until I saw him live I vowed to myself to track him down and somehow make contact with him in Manchester. I was just a girl, I knew nothing about anything, I just knew I wanted to be his friend. Today I helped my friend Emily prepare her kindergarten class for the upcoming school year. I was completely astonished to find that that school has a magnificent view of the Forum, the very entrance where we parked and hiked up the ramp to take our seats at one of my first concerts ever, my first concert of the man whose voice to me sounded like heaven. Sorting through buckets of crayons, wooden blocks, alphabet cards, a flood of memories of beginnings. Then to walk outside and see the forum, another beginning that's difficult to describe. I had to hold back the tears when we pulled out onto Prairie and made a left on Manchester Avenue. Turns out we did meet in Manchester after all. Sort of. Wonderful.

Re: unlikely morrissey shirt spotting

The first time I saw Morrissey in person was at the Greatwestern Forum in Inglewood. Until I saw him live I vowed to myself to track him down and somehow make contact with him in Manchester. I was just a girl, I knew nothing about anything, I just knew I wanted to be his friend. Today I helped my friend Emily prepare her kindergarten class for the upcoming school year. I was completely astonished to find that that school has a magnificent view of the Forum, the very entrance where we parked and hiked up the ramp to take our seats at one of my first concerts ever, my first concert of the man whose voice to me sounded like heaven. Sorting through buckets of crayons, wooden blocks, alphabet cards, a flood of memories of beginnings. Then to walk outside and see the forum, another beginning that's difficult to describe. I had to hold back the tears when we pulled out onto Prairie and made a left on Manchester Avenue. Turns out we did meet in Manchester after all. Sort of. Wonderful.
your post gave me goosebumps :)
I'm minutes from the forum myself. Prairie is the next street down from me

well there is definetly a Moz fan working at CNN Headline news b/c for about the 4th time in as many months I have heard a clip of a Morrissey song used as bumper music. This morning it was "the Youngest was the Most Loved."

(which by the way is my 2nd favorite of Ringleader....)

Not so much a reference, but there's a banner on the wall at the school where I work that reads, "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." I hope I never have to explain the little smile that crosses my face whenever I see it...

Not so much a reference, but there's a banner on the wall at the school where I work that reads, "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." I hope I never have to explain the little smile that crosses my face whenever I see it...

lol, I hope not either because could you ever put it into words that non fans could understand? I couldnt... ;)

Just seen an advert on ITV for a GMTV A Level Results special (?!) that had Panic as the background music.... I nearly fell off my chair when I heard it ! :p

Just seen an advert on ITV for a GMTV A Level Results special (?!) that had Panic as the background music.... I nearly fell off my chair when I heard it ! :p

haha :p

Still, no matter how many Smiths songs they play I still won't watch ITV :rolleyes:

Oh and welcome, mrs moz :)

I didn't know he got married!

There was some programme a while ago that was about people being ashamed of going to the doctor's (I think it was on Channel 4), and that had 'Shyness is nice, but/ Shyness can stop you...' play suddenly partway through. I think I shouted frantically in German when that happened (thankfully in my own living room:)).

Welcome Mrs. Moz! Do you have the t-shirt? :)

haha :p

Still, no matter how many Smiths songs they play I still won't watch ITV :rolleyes:

Oh and welcome, mrs moz :)

I didn't know he got married!

Thanks byrony, I've been lurking for a while but have just been sooo busy with the wedding and all, just haven't found the time to post !! :D:D::D

There was some programme a while ago that was about people being ashamed of going to the doctor's (I think it was on Channel 4), and that had 'Shyness is nice, but/ Shyness can stop you...' play suddenly partway through. I think I shouted frantically in German when that happened (thankfully in my own living room:)).

Welcome Mrs. Moz! Do you have the t-shirt? :)

Yeah I saw that one too, it was called embarrassing illnesses. :p

Which t shirt ???!

The Mrs. Morrissey one! I've got one and I'm not even married to him. :D

Oh THAT t -shirt !!! Errr no my Morrissey t shirt collection is pretty shit to be fair. I only have one :( Perhaps its time to invest in some more.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom