Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I was reading Gourmet magazine in a cafe while waiting for a friend and saw a review of a restaurant named 'Oscillate Wildly', which is in Newtown, Sydney.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/restaurant-reviews/oscillate-wildly/2007/01/23/1169330874081.html

Although, the review I read of it in the magazine said "...named after The Smiths only instrumental track..."

As for The Smiths/Morrissey not being popular in Australia - I think they were but it seems now a lot of the population are either surprised that Morrissey is still going. At most indie nights you will hear This Charming Man & thats about it!

On the weekend I was out in the city (Melbourne, Australia) and it was around 3am and we just left a bar and were stumbling drunk towards the nigh rider buses when I swear to god I could hear Girlfriend in a Coma being played ... so I dragged everyone along to follow the sound and turns out that there is an all night chip/burger shop called Lord of the Fries on a street corner and they had the best of the Smiths cd blasting out ... needless to say they got my business and a thumbs up, but honestly to hear any smiths/morrissey reference in Australia is very rare so this was a real surprise. :)

Lord of the Fries.....

That gets a *snicker*
AND a *guffaw* :D

What a nice surprise that must have been.
I have always been intrigued that my Australian mates have no idea about The Smiths and Moz, any idea why?

Well he's absolutely unheard of on the radio and charts, all his albums have to be imported ... basically no advertisement whatsoever, you may come across the occasional reference in a music article or maybe one of the smaller radio stations might play a track here or there but otherwise nothing ... which is a shame because when he came out here he packed out The Forum in Melbourne (about 2000 people) so the following is there, just rare.

This morning, I heard 'How Soon Is Now' being played to a montage of goals on Real Madrid TV. :)

Assuming it hasn't been mentioned yet I recall this MST3K skit from years ago and feeling slightly annoyed upon watching it..

did I mention that I cried?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ly_fV8Ct4

Awwwwwwww. :( He just needs a hug. And a bigger Tupperware box so he can have a friend and lots of books with him.

Oh my God! I've come up with this marvellous idea of having this extendable network of little tunnels connecting lots of these Tupperware boxes together like my late hamster's housing system. :D

I once heard a comedy programme on the radio (can't remember which one) saying that Morrissey has begun work on a series of children's books, the first of which is called "Little Annie visits the Slaughterhouse". There was also something about deckchairs, but I can't remember that much about it, I was half asleep, only woke up when they said "Morrissey"... not that I'm obsessed or anything.

I once heard a comedy programme on the radio (can't remember which one) saying that Morrissey has begun work on a series of children's books, the first of which is called "Little Annie visits the Slaughterhouse". There was also something about deckchairs, but I can't remember that much about it, I was half asleep, only woke up when they said "Morrissey"... not that I'm obsessed or anything.

I think the subtitle should be "5 Years and Up".

Awwwwwwww. :( He just needs a hug. And a bigger Tupperware box so he can have a friend and lots of books with him.

Oh my God! I've come up with this marvellous idea of having this extendable network of little tunnels connecting lots of these Tupperware boxes together like my late hamster's housing system. :D

hmm... yeah.

right on.

I've actually been trying to think up a way to expand on my hamsters' plastic cage without having to splurge on a squillion dollar fishtank or something. Tupperware tunnels- good thought

hmm... yeah.

right on.

I've actually been trying to think up a way to expand on my hamsters' plastic cage without having to splurge on a squillion dollar fishtank or something. Tupperware tunnels- good thought

I've been thinking about making moss-lined climby tunnels for my hermit crabs, actually. Might be a plan!

Anyone watching ITV at about 11.20am? "Mozzer's Movies", some man reccomending films on the news!:D

I just got home and saw the neighbor girl walking her dog (I think she's maybe 18) and she was wearing a Smiths shirt "The Best" (UK) http://www.vulgarpicture.com/images/smiths/hi/1992/hi_1992_best112_uk_1.jpg. I said "Nice shirt! You like the Smiths?" (duh :rolleyes:) and she said "I love the Smiths!" I said "Me too! Morrissey is my favorite singer!" ... and then we squealed like a couple of teenagers :D -just kidn on that last part... I did say "I now have someone on the block to talk to". :p

I just got home and saw the neighbor girl walking her dog (I think she's maybe 18) and she was wearing a Smiths shirt "The Best" (UK) http://www.vulgarpicture.com/images/smiths/hi/1992/hi_1992_best112_uk_1.jpg. I said "Nice shirt! You like the Smiths?" (duh :rolleyes:) and she said "I love the Smiths!" I said "Me too! Morrissey is my favorite singer!" ... and then we squealed like a couple of teenagers :D -just kidn on that last part... I did say "I now have someone on the block to talk to". :p

Did you tell her you groped Morrissey's leg?

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom