Strange/unexpected Moz references?

This is a hair salon near my friend's house. I gasped so loudly the first time I spotted it that I almost made my friend crash his car. :)
july4th2008058.jpg

omg, i wouldve prob crashed too...
how cool are they. :cool:

There was a party scene in Home & Away in which a young woman was wearing a t-shirt with the words - "The youngest was the most loved".

Though i don't watch this piece of shit, obviously..:)

I read a review in Entertainment Weekly today of a book called "The Ridiculous Race." Basically the book was by two authors who circled the world using any modes of transportation but planes. One of the authors befriended a Brazilian graffitti gang in Rio de Janeiro. Of the experience, he wrote, "While we were drunk, we were able to communicate well. We just talked about our favorite Bob Dylan and Morrissey songs."

thursdays episode (in the UK) of my name is earl, they played 'girlfriend in a coma'
ok so it made me whoop with delight...
:rolleyes::D

I just saw a terrible show on Bravo called Date My Ex:Jo and Slade, and this idiot Slade was wearing a rather nice looking t-shirt that says Hooligan across the top with a profile of Moz, very arty and cool clothing for such an dullard!

really? i watched that the other night but didnt catch that.

it is a pretty horrible show though, i agree. which means i'll probably watch it. ;)

I believe it was the first episode of the series, and Slade was wearing it during the first half of the show, I am quite sure it will be repeated numerous times!

yeah i dont think i caught the beginning. i'm sure it'll be on again too, i'll try to catch it next time!

I just saw a terrible show on Bravo called Date My Ex:Jo and Slade, and this idiot Slade was wearing a rather nice looking t-shirt that says Hooligan across the top with a profile of Moz, very arty and cool clothing for such an dullard!

That's so funny. :eek: That guy Slade is such a douchebag!

I was in a vegetarian restaurant tonight and Everyday is Like Sunday was played on their music system. I couldn't really hear it, so I excused myself and went to the washroom where it was nice and loud. :D

Fantastic restaurant, BTW.

I was in a vegetarian restaurant tonight and Everyday is Like Sunday was played on their music system. I couldn't really hear it, so I excused myself and went to the washroom where it was nice and loud. :D

Fantastic restaurant, BTW.

haha i had a similar experience.last year..i was sitting in a very very posh bar ...
with a few "guys "(actulally girls but you can refer to girls as guys too? right?)
and they played music(mostly lounge and muzak.you now that kind of music no one would be bothered of)... then" there is a light that never goes out" came on but on such a low volume i couldnt only make out the ending of "There is a light"
i was stretching my head a lot(must be looking pretty funny to try to hear more) to be able to hear better and waited for another smiths song..i couldnt help myself to go to the bar and compliment the girl behind the bar on playing the smiths song and asked her to play it again. after a while they played "how soon is now "but again too low in volume to really hear it..I still wasnt satisfied so
i had the effrontery to ask them to play there is a light again...what they did -thank god...after that back to muzak .....

the girl behind the bar
behind bars=that actually does mean that someone is in prison,right?..ahh that funny english language.....;)

Last edited:
I was on the tram in Manchester last night. A mother and daughter were sat in front of us (swigging from a bottle of Rose -classy). They were fixing their make up and singing very loudly all the words to First in the Gang to Die. Over and over, until the mother (I'm assuming it was the girls mother of course) got on her mobile and phoned the pub they were going to "tell the Karaoke to have "Hector" ready for when we get there in 10 minutes"!

I wonder what they'll do next week?

I live above a pub which has a jukebox.

Until recently I didn't know it has Smiths records.
The other day I heard it was playing The Boy With The Thorne In His Side. :)
I might donate my spare copy of All You Need Is Me because no jukebox has it.

a friend of mine sent me some music to listen to,generally i am always hesitant to listen to what she likes as i generally never like it,but anyways,one of the artists is this man named Owen,mainly just songs of him and his guitar,i guess you could describe it as "emo folk music.
well one of the songs he does is called "in the morning before work"
its not bad.
and it had this lyric in it:

"I listen to my same old cd's
New order & Morrissey
But you already know that because you used to ride with me
I thought i'd be singing a different tune by now
But this song about you keeps coming out"

i found this semi crappy video of him performing it on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably it has already been mentioned before but Art Brut make a Moz reference in their song “Moving to L.A.”

There's not much glam about the English weather
There's nothing left keeping us together
Sunshine on a rainy day
Makes me want to move away
I think I've got it sorted
I'm going to get myself deported
I'm considering a move to LA
(He's considering a move to LA)
(x3)

Hang around with Axl Rose
Buy myself some brand new clothes
Everything is gonna be just fine
I hear the murder rate is in decline
Get me a southern accent
Maybe grab a piece of action

(x3)

When I get off the plane
The first thing I'm gonna do is
Strip naked to the waist
And ride my Harley Davidson
Up and down Sunset street
I may even get a tattoo
My problems are never gonna find me
I'm not sending one letter
or even a postcard back
I'm drinking Henessey
With Morrissey

On a beach
Out of reach
Somewhere very far away

(x3)

[youtube]3OIzJQyq3WA&hl=es&fs=1[/youtube]

i was just going through flikr accounts,looking at pictures and i found this:

etchmoz.jpg

hahaha

there is a whole series of them.

though this one of hall and oates may be my fave. :p

hallandoates.jpg

Snippet in the weekend paper..

Highlight of the Benicassim Festival?

"A group of crazies running around wearing nothing but luminous paint artistically decorating their genitals, whilst roaring "LOTFIP". ":eek:
Allegedly.

Anyone ready to 'fess?? ;)

tonight on MSNBC's "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann, Keith started a story about water on Mars with saying "Stop me if you've heard this one before..."

I don't know if he listens to Morrissey, I'm sure it's a phrase people use anyway, but it obviously jumped out at me, and Keith is so cool anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if he did have awesome taste in music too. go Keith. :guitar:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but Marian Keyes has a book out at the moment called 'this charming man', i havent read it but its a screaming smiths reference if ever you saw one.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom