Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Oh, You're Not Gonna Love Me Anyway

On The Soup they were talking about Bret Micheal's Rock of Love show, and said that now that he has found "love" another rocker will need to take his place.

So they said that Morrissey should have his own reality dating show, named Oh, You're Not Gonna Love Me Anyway.

:D

Re: Oh, You're Not Gonna Love Me Anyway

On The Soup they were talking about Bret Micheal's Rock of Love show, and said that now that he has found "love" another rocker will need to take his place.

So they said that Morrissey should have his own reality dating show, named Oh, You're Not Gonna Love Me Anyway.

I am so embarrassed. I actually spent last summer watching Rock Of Love AND The Pick Up Artist. I am going to hell. Bret Michaels is no gift to mankind.

hehehehe

that really cracked me up!

Seriously, how forkin' cute is Joel McHale? Adorable.

Former athlete? Check. Goofy-looking nerd who loves his dog? Check. Hilarious? Check. Namechecks Morrissey on his basic cable show? Home run. I'm smitten!

I am so embarrassed. I actually spent last summer watching Rock Of Love AND The Pick Up Artist. I am going to hell. Bret Michaels is no gift to mankind.

I've done the same. :p
The Pick Up Artist was just blatantly horrible though, hahaha.

and hahaha. I think some of us here would make amazing teevee. :D

Goofy-looking nerd who loves his dog?

s1.jpg

I've done the same. :p
The Pick Up Artist was just blatantly horrible though, hahaha.

and hahaha. I think some of us here would make amazing teevee. :D

LOL, you've got that right. (we would make some amazing teevee!) The Pick Up Artist was so horrible. Like a car crash. But I kept watching. I can't even think of their dorky names. I can tell you that if a guy who looked like a pimp with eyeliner and black nail polish came on to me, I wouldn't be too pleased. I felt sorry for that 40 year old virgin.

If it were done well (with Morrissey's input and aesthetic), I'd so watch that. Hell, I'd be ON that. "Yes, I will love youuuu, Mozzy!" <- That's me as a prospective Moz-luvah.

My husband would probably have issues with that though. :rolleyes:

ARRGGHHH.

I always forget to watch The Soup. :( I love it, but I can never manage to remind it or anything.

crap, I hope someone posts a clip on youtube or something...

I was hoping to jump on it first, but dammit, ya'll beat me! :)

And, yes, Joel McHale is a fox. Nuff said.

And it's not off-topic, as it was indeed an unexpected Moz reference--yet a thrilling one, which was easily the highlight of my day.

I just watched Thursday's episode of My Name is Earl. "Girlfriend in A Coma" was playing during the scenes of Billie in the hospital.

^
oh god that is my FAVORITE SMITHS SONG. D: too bad I dun watch that show...

I had a Moz reference dammit, but I forget it now. :( On a somewhat sidenote: I had Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want stuck in my head last friday, while I was busy wondering if Ivan was going to be okay, and then he showed up at the begining 2nd period AOK.

The Power of Mooozz!

the weirdest one i'd seen was the morrissey t-shirt on reno 911

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/05/06/16/072259.shtml?tid=1

when i saw it, i wanted so badly to tell someone about it, but couldn't think of anyone who would care, hahaha

Hah, same thing happened to me..I was like MORRISSEY,...oh noone cares.

The weirdest reference for me was on MYST3K, when a guy was taking money out of his pocket and he had a quiff, and the narrarators were like " Oh look it's morrissey, he can't find his money, all those condoms in the way.."

It was on the episode " The mysterious creatures, who stopped living and became Zombies..something like that.

Hehe I saw that, and I laughed a lot and now I kind of wish it was a real show!
Ah sadly I watched every God damn episode of Rock of Love (I & II!) Shame...

The weirdest reference for me was on MYST3K, when a guy was taking money out of his pocket and he had a quiff, and the narrarators were like " Oh look it's morrissey, he can't find his money, all those condoms in the way.."

It was on the episode " The mysterious creatures, who stopped living and became Zombies..something like that.
LOL I've never seen that one! I bet it's somewhere on the DVDs I have; I'm going to be pathetic and watch that one just for the reference (and 'cuz, ya know, the show's f***ing hilarious).

I think most of the frink threaders would be be contestants on that show. And he could bring in Julia to play the Heather from Rock of Love role. But I doubt there would be big hair awesomemess like Heather brings. More like teary eyed sing alongs. Now I wish this show was real :(

I seem to remember another Moz reference on that show (besides the whole Tupperware sketch, of course)--during the end credits of one of the movies (can't remember which one, sorry), someone had the last name Morrissey. The joke was, "Morrissey was involved in this production? No wonder it was so depressing."

this hasnt particulary do with moz but with one of his songs "picadilly palare "to be specific and its not really strange but i couldnt find another thread of mozreferences not being "strange" ....i was in berlin this weekend walking home form the concert i attended and go through one of the "gay area=meaning ="a lot a of gay pubs"
near the tubesation entrnace i saw quite a few handsome young man standing and waiting
didnt thought immidiately they were rent boys until a man in his late thirties came up to one chatted for a few seconds and left with him...so when i walk home after witnessing this i couldnt get "picadilly palare" out of my head "on the rack i was..easy meat ..but a reasonably good buy"

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom