Morrissey racist?

Um, embarrassing as it is to have to point this out after the words of sympathy, I was actually joking. Although I did have a cat.

cheers

Cats are good at teaching. They're good at teaching you your lowly place in their cosmic hierarchy, one notch below spiders. :rolleyes:

Your post summarizing the complexities of Jewishness was very nice. Whenever you start a sentence with "The Jews are...", however, you are inviting a whole lot of tsuris.

I think Morrissey has a bit of a semitic fixation - he wouldn't be the first.

He should tour dressed as a rabbi next time.

Once again it's a humour thing dear.
Morrissey is typical of a certain British sense of being. Carry on films, 70s un Political Correctness etc.
It's part of the mind scape for any of us who are over 35 and working class.
Just watch some Brit sitcoms from the 70's, you will see what I mean.

I think Americans like to think we British are very high minded serious and at times we are BUT our humour is quite child like and silly (some of us at least).

Last edited:
Cats are good at teaching. They're good at teaching you your lowly place in their cosmic hierarchy, one notch below spiders. :rolleyes:

Yes, there's something about the way they magnanimously tolerate your presence in return for nothing more than food, shelter and loving care.

cheers

Morrissey is typical of a certain British sense of being. Carry on films, 70s un Political Correctness etc.
It part of the mind scape for any of us who are over 35 and working class.

I think Americans like to think we British are very high minded serious and at times we are BUT our humour is quite child like and silly (some of us at least).

Can't speak for Anaesthesine, but for a few years I didn't know anything about the English apart from Morrissey, Benny Hill and Monty Python. I'm not laboring under any illusions, believe me. You're all a bunch of insane cross-dressing perverts. :rolleyes:

I was referring to the difficult social interaction bit, as well as the Jewish rant.

Damn, this social interaction business really is tricky! :lbf:

cheers

Dr. Worm's prescription: copious amounts of hard alcohol. Gets you right over the hump I find.

And yes, that was a gratuitous plug for They Might Be Giants

It part of the mind scape for any of us who are over 35 and working class.

I spent a good part of my youth in Northern England, and I went to university there. I'm steeped in Albion.

The British and the Jews are both a laugh riot.

Yes, then he could call it the "Oy! Shlomo Tour". :)

I'd love to hear his Hava Nagila and Dayenu (although Jessie would probably murder the latter).

All the band members could wear hot pants and matching yarmulkes.

Dr. Worm's prescription: copious amounts of hard alcohol. Gets you right over the hump I find.

And yes, that was a gratuitous plug for They Might Be Giants

Well, I'm humping off to bed, depressingly sober and secure in the knowledge of being brutally woken in six hours. So in the morning when the morning birds sing.....

I'd love to hear his Hava Nagila and Dayenu (although Jessie would probably murder the latter).

If they were to play those the way they've played Smiths classics, Morrissey's voicemail would have six calls from the ADL before he even left the stage. :guitar: :lbf:

I kid, I kid! Don't get all meshuggeneh, peeps.

Well, I'm humping off to bed, depressingly sober and secure in the knowledge of being brutally woken in six hours. So in the morning when the morning birds sing.....

That's why the Devil invented coffee!

I spent a good part of my youth in Northern England, and I went to university there. I'm steeped in Albion.

The British and the Jews are both a laugh riot.

All the band members could wear hot pants and matching yarmulkes.

Why did you return?

I can't sleep!

I can't get my own cat as the one next door thinks our house is hers!

Can't speak for Anaesthesine, but for a few years I didn't know anything about the English apart from Morrissey, Benny Hill and Monty Python. I'm not laboring under any illusions, believe me. You're all a bunch of insane cross-dressing perverts. :rolleyes:

Your not far wrong. Add emotional retards as well!

I disagree,
Morrissey sent a private fax and insulted someone, SO WHAT?
When you are attacking someone you use the words that will hurt most, it doesn't mean you actually feel that way.

this might be true for some people, but I think if you are attacking someone, with intent to hurt them as much as possible, you DO feel that way. Some people are only honest when they are angry, but then some people lie ALL the time, I guess.

I have actually called my jewish friend "jew boy" on a number of occaisons and when he is talking about his sex life I say "Save your stories of filthy jewish sex, please".
It means nothing, I am joking he knows it, I know it.

I'm pretty sure you are putting us on here, and attempting to get some sort of response. haven't looked at the rest of the thread yet but I'll bet you succeeded.

edit: I was wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
this might be true for some people, but I think if you are attacking someone, with intent to hurt them as much as possible, you DO feel that way. Some people are only honest when they are angry, but then some people lie ALL the time, I guess.

I'm pretty sure you are putting us on here, and attempting to get some sort of response. haven't looked at the rest of the thread yet but I'll bet you succeeded.

edit: I was wrong...

It's not about lies, it's about trying to get a response.
Morrissey, I would say has always had a cruel streak and he likes a bit of the old mind games.
These things don't make him anti-semitic. Morrissey is always having digs at people and you can tell he doesn't mean them.

I am not putting anything on, as you say, apart from my PJ's.
It's worth noting that my jewish friend found the whole story amusing, he is still a Morrissey fan
Then again he is quite bright and can see the comment for what it is.

The most scandalous comment on this issue was the one by the prat who claimed anti semitism was rife in the UK. PATHETIC.
Some of the rubbish that gets talked about Morrissey and England by people on here who have never meet Morrissey or been to England beggars belief.

Last edited:
i have just received some compelling evidence to suggest that morrissey may in fact be THE REINCARNATION OF ADOLF HITLER: beloved jew hater and vegetarian.

You need to do your reseach. Hilter was not a veggie. Doctors told him to eat more fruit and veg as he wasn't eating them. however Paul McCartney, Carl Lewis, Bruce Lee, Albert Einstein and Arthur Schopenhauer are some of my favourite vegetarians..........oh and me.

It's not about lies, it's about trying to get a response.
Morrissey, I would say has always had a cruel streak and he likes a bit of the old mind games.
These things don't make him anti-semitic. Morrissey is always having digs at people and you can tell he doesn't mean them.

I am not putting anything on, as you say, apart from my PJ's.
It's worth noting that my jewish friend found the whole story amusing, he is still a Morrissey fan
Then again he is quite bright and can see the comment for what it is.

The most scandalous comment on this issue was the one by the prat who claimed anti semitism was rife in the UK. PATHETIC.
Some of the rubbish that gets talked about Morrissey and England by people on here who have never meet Morrissey or been to England beggars belief.

Shockingly, I agree with most of this. We might all say things to our friends that would look bad if they were published for the world to see. I understand that you offered your story about the way you tease your friend as an example, and if it looks ugly to someone else that's not really the point. Maybe most people picked up on this right away, where I missed it.

I don't know what I think of Morrissey's alleged fax, but it's not something I'd worry about too much. It's ironic that he owed Spencer money, in this story, and that this is the reason that this song was not recorded. Ironic if you want to think in stereotypical terms, anyway. I mean, Spencer tells Morrissey that he'd rather not let Morrissey record a song, because he is owed money, and Morrissey responds by calling him "Jewboy." It's not really lighthearted teasing looked at like that. Or maybe it is. Who knows whether it even occurred. I'm not sure that being bright enough to see the comment for what it is factors in as much as not having enough information to feel that strongly about it.

About people thinking that Morrissey is racist, I think that he plays these mind games, as you say, with the public as well as with people he knows personally. I never thought he was being racist when he danced around wrapped in the flag, and I think his fetish for skinheads didn't really have anything to do with politics. He just liked shaved-headed boys in boots. :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom