An alternative "Kill Uncle"

Stitchell

blah blah blah blah...
Seeing as "Kill Uncle" has been a hot topic on here lately, was wondering what would have happened if the album had been made up from a selection of tracks from post-"Viva Hate" up until "My Love Life"?

What would be your tracklisting, consisting of 10-12 songs, that would have salvaged "Kill Uncle"?

I think if Moz hadn't released Bona Drag then KU would have been superb.

My Love Life
Last of the Famous
November
Pregnant
Piccadilly Palare
Interesting Drug
Our Frank
King Leer
Ouija Board
Will Never Marry
Disappointed
Hairdresser On Fire

1. Last Of The Famous International Playboys
2. November Spawned A Monster
3. Interesting Drug
4. Mute Witness
5. Ive Changed My Plea To Guilty
6. Sing Your Life
7. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
8. The End Of The Family Line
9. My Love Life
10. Piccadilly Palare
11. Driving Your Girlfriend Home
12. There Is A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends

I wouldnt have included songs like Will Never Marry, Disappointed and Hairdresser On Fire as they were released on the Viva Hate singles

Its a bit odd to include 7 singles on an album too, but I suppose if things had been planned differently maybe there would only have been Playboys, November and Drug released as singles

But overall, I agree, with the right amount of juggling it couldve been one of his very best albums for sure

my love life
pashernate love
plea to guilty
driving your gf home
our frank
sing your life
mute witness
end of the line
ouija board
november spawned
disappointed
will never

Imho...

Kill Uncle (Again)

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Piccadilly Palare (with extra verse!)
Mute Witness
Sing Your Life
My Love Life
Driving Your Girlfriend
November Spawned A Monster
Such A Little Thing Makes A Big Difference
He Knows I'd Love To See Him
There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
Our Frank

Looking at the songs recorded post "Viva Hate", its still puzzling and frustrating that "Kill Uncle" turned out a bit of a mess. I reckon the above would have been a great album, although I seem to go for the more 'downbeat' songs!

Well, you can't just mix the Street-collaborations and the Langer-Winstanley ones and make an imaginary album out of it, surely?

Bona Drag, the album, failed to happen because Moz and Street split, so it became a singles compilation. The Langer-Winstanley collaboration did produce some great songs, not released on KU, like November, Piccadilly Palare, He Knows I'd Love to See Him, I've Changed My Plea to Guilty...

So only those songs could be taken into consideration for an alternative Kill Uncle.

It would have been nice if they had left Found, Found, Found and Harsh Truth out and replaced them with November, Piccadilly Palare He Knows I'd Love To See Him and I've Changed My Plea....

The record would have been great then!

^I second that opinion. I want all the live versions and rockabilly versions recorded in a studio. You hear that Alain/Boz, get workin!

Back
Top Bottom