kill uncle why?

lostsoul2

full time moz fan
why slate this album its brilliant, played it for the first time in ages has i have been into morrissey new stuff my god this album is great, why slate it?

lostsoul2 said:
why slate this album its brilliant, played it for the first time in ages has i have been into morrissey new stuff my god this album is great, why slate it?

I agree at one point it was my favourite morrissey album i love it...my faves are driving your girlfriend home and king leer...i could carry on listing the rest of the album but i won't :p

It's mainly because the production is kind of limp...tinny. It suits a few of the songs, but not most of them. Once the lads took the songs and rockabillyized them (see Live @ KROQ or Live in Dallas), people went mad. It's still the worshipped era for many.

lostsoul2 said:

I love it too, but the production is, umm, really bad. I think this is why so many people hate it. It just sounds so bad that you have a hard time concentrating on the songs. Mark Nevin's songs on Your Arsenal prove that he's a great songwriter. His songs just need a good producer...

Kill Uncle forever...I also loved it, and didn't understand why it was always given 1 star or normaly bad marks or ratings...

selected tracks: found found found,mute witness,Our frank, and there is a place

Kill Uncle is ok, but I prefer a lot over it. The rockabilly versions are much better in my opinion.

Southpaw Grammer was my favorite moz album for a long time until I fell back in love with Your Arsenal and Vauxhall And I. Southpaw, Arsenal, and Vauxhall are the only moz albums I like 100% all the way through.

Maladjusted had great singles and B-sides and moz looked awsome with short hair, but the rest of the album was so boring.

I would say Kill uncle was the most Smith like album, a sort of what might of been.it still is my favourite Morrissey album.

like Southpaw, Kill Uncle has wonderful moments but the live versions are far better

Harsh Truth..., King Leer, Tony The Pony, Found Found Found I think are all a bit weak in comparison to what had come before (and after actually)

Kill Uncle now seems like an interesting moment in a long and varied career, but at the time it came out I remember being SO disappointed with it. It was pretty soon after the brilliance of the Smiths and Viva Hate, and all those great singles of the Bona Drag period, so I don't think it's surprising it was treated so harshly on release. But bits of it I think have aged pretty well, and it's easier to feel more favourable to it now that you know that better things were to follow.

The songs on Kill Uncle are great, it's the constant echo on Moz's voice that annoys me.

Shifty said:
Kill Uncle now seems like an interesting moment in a long and varied career, but at the time it came out I remember being SO disappointed with it. It was pretty soon after the brilliance of the Smiths and Viva Hate, and all those great singles of the Bona Drag period, so I don't think it's surprising it was treated so harshly on release. But bits of it I think have aged pretty well, and it's easier to feel more favourable to it now that you know that better things were to follow.

I bet the same will happen with ROTT!!

I love Kill Uncle! (and Southpaw, also)
I find some of the songs hilarious :D In a good way, I mean.
My favourite is perhaps (I'm) The End Of The Family Line

Back
Top Bottom