What does your significant other think of Moz?

Although we are in the middle of a break up (one can only presume that's the case when you're boyfriend of 2 years stops talking to you for over a week without explaination...) my (ex?) boyfriend grew to hate Moz because of me.

I brought him with me to the show I saw in July and he really enjoyed it. Although he stated that "You Have Killed Me" was his favorite Moz song :p haha.

He started listening to the Smiths and Moz and I thought I was grooming him into a proper fan. Until the fall tour came...

I went to all 5 NYC shows which for some reason he was very unhappy about. Then I decided to buy tickets for DC, then at the last minute I decided to go to Baltimore as well. When I explained to him that I was going to the Baltimore show he started laughing in a very annoyed kind of way. I asked if he was upset that I was going to another show and he responded with "I don't care what the hell you do anymore. This Morrissey stuff is getting ridiculous!"

Hahahahahaha!!!! So I attended the Baltimore show and it was excellent. I'm very glad i went. After the string of shows I attened was over he admitted to me that he now resented Moz because he basically stole me away from him for the better part of a month. haha.

He has no idea I'm going to all 6 London shows because he stopped talking to me. But I kind of wish he did know. Just to see him flip out about it while I smile back at him.

What a freak!!!!

My wife doesnt have a particular problem with Morrissey although she certainly doesnt like his music..she is not really into music as far as i can tell liking things like X factor produced pop.

But she has a major problem with my "obssessive compulsive disorder" as she puts it where hes concerned.

She likens my adoration to the way she felt about New Kids on the Block in the 80s but points out she grew out of that at about 19 whereas i am 35 and still act like that about Morrissey. She used to hang outside london hotels when she knew they were staying just to get an autograph or a pic or whatever.

She is not happy i am going to 4/5 of the London gigs in Jan, she hates the fact i quote him alot and she is absolutely livid that i keep his photo in my wallet but not one of her.

I thinks its a jealousy thing - she worried i might love Morrissey more than i love her. Its not a league table thing i tell her - i love him in a completely different way.

Which reminds me of a football joke.

Wife says to Arsenal fan husband - "You love Arsenal more than you love me", He replies "Darling, i love Tottenham more than i love you".

Maybe it is because I have never had it, but I am not sure I would like mine to be into Morrissey, I would like him to perhaps accept it more than I feel he does, but if he says anything it is usually about how horrible he is to his staff/band/support artists or his stance on Veggies or how his head is massive and he of course does his impression of Morrissey singing (really badly)
I do not know if I would like to share him with my bf, Morrissey is mine you see. :p You know what I mean. :D

My bf doesn't thinks I'm lying when I say that I'd rather not go out with a Morrissey fan. I think it'd get a bit boring because you'd just end up talking about Morrissey all the time and maybe you'd even try and out-do eachother on the gig front. Then you might also realise one day that you actually don't love eachother and your whole relationship was just based on Morrissey.

Mine doesn't slag him off (but maybe he wants to slag him off but he knows I'd get violent...), he just doesn't like his fanatical fanbase and, for some strange reason, Morrisseys speaking voice! He takes the piss out of it a lot and I have no idea why!

He called me at lunchtime actually to tell me that some guys at work said "You like Morrissey don't you? Look at this newspaper, it says he's a racist. Are you a racist?" :(

He called me at lunchtime actually to tell me that some guys at work said "You like Morrissey don't you? Look at this newspaper, it says he's a racist. Are you a racist?" :(
hmm that is rather unfortunate. :mad:
Its OT but when it "came out" that Morrissey was interviewed by the FBI my bfs father rang to tell me that did I know Morrissey was in trouble, I thought it was quite sweet in a way because clearly he had heard it and thought oh dear I must inform Karin.

She doesn't mind. She thinks it's funny and incomprehensible and gives me endless grief for visiting this site, but good naturedly. In real life, in the realm of Morrissey fans I'm more of a Clark Kent than the endless hordes of Supermen, so it doesn't worry her too much. I'm house trained.

haha well my husband loves moz as much as you but I am lucky, there's a picture of me on his desk at work as well, ha ha ha

She doesn't mind. She thinks it's funny and incomprehensible and gives me endless grief for visiting this site, but good naturedly. In real life, in the realm of Morrissey fans I'm more of a Clark Kent than the endless hordes of Supermen, so it doesn't worry her too much. I'm house trained.

This. Although mine has recently been becoming increasingly alarmed at the staggering amount of time that I spend here.

:eek: HAHAHAHA! oh dear Paul, I can kind of see why she would be a tad miffed, maybe slip of her behind Morrissey?

ha ha yeah i think i will - although its inevitable i will get shouted at -WHY AM I BEHIND MORRISSEY! YOU LOVE HIM MORE THAN ME!

haha well my husband loves moz as much as you but I am lucky, there's a picture of me on his desk at work as well, ha ha ha

:DThats what i told her - darling your picture is much bigger and is on my desk at work. It made no difference, she didnt talk to me for hours.

ha ha yeah i think i will - although its inevitable i will get shouted at -WHY AM I BEHIND MORRISSEY! YOU LOVE HIM MORE THAN ME!

well she can not have it all ways! lol
I am 30 and I have a couple of posters on the wall (nicely now) and He utterly hated it at first (Moz n Marr and a tour one) but now he does not mention them, one time I said, Oh look, he is looking at me, and he went naaa I think you will find he is looking at me! :p

This. Although mine has recently been becoming increasingly alarmed at the staggering amount of time that I spend here.

I could easily say I'm becoming increasingly alarmed at the staggering amount of time that I spend here, except that I've been alarmed for years.

My husband just shakes his head and rolls his eyes. He loves morrissey far more than i do, but he hates other people so he doesnt' bother with forums.
:DThats what i told her - darling your picture is much bigger and is on my desk at work. It made no difference, she didnt talk to me for hours.
oh what a girl reaction! i'm ok w/the hero worship, don't bother me none!

oh what a girl reaction! i'm ok w/the hero worship, don't bother me none!

maybe i should have married another morrissey fan.....?
Hmmm actually i am not sure about this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! He should try joining anyway; I'm sure that he'd find plenty of people to hate 'round here.

oh mine threatened that, he would just slag Morrissey off all the time, mind you there are people like that here already, I did join his gaming forum. Mind you I was very bored at the time.

maybe i should have married another morrissey fan.....?
Hmmm actually i am not sure about this.

NO, keep him to yourself, I tell you one thing I am not sharing my peepholism with anyone. My friend asked me what would I do if I came home one day to find him watching a Morrissey dvd or listening to an album or something. I said I would know he was taking the piss!
Actually we have a couple of married fans on this site so we should ask them how they get along with their Moz loving.

Back
Top Bottom