Wellmont Theatre

I will be going. Floor or bust. LOL@Pete sitting in the Balcony.

anyone live near this town or know anything about it? familiar with getting to it from nyc on public transit? pm me. thanks!

anyone live near this town or know anything about it? familiar with getting to it from nyc on public transit? pm me. thanks!
they film alot of movies, commercials and tv shows in montclair. nice old houses, streets and town.
i think its kind of close to the nj transit train. if you go to the nj transit website, you can look up how far train stations are from a street address.

they film alot of movies, commercials and tv shows in montclair. nice old houses, streets and town.
i think its kind of close to the nj transit train. if you go to the nj transit website, you can look up how far train stations are from a street address.
does nj transit not run on sundays? i've been getting nowhere fast on their site.

does nj transit not run on sundays? i've been getting nowhere fast on their site.

I believe there is a regular nj transit bus you can catch from NYC to Montclair. I think it's the #11 and #28.

The NJ transit site is awful, but there may be info elsewhere.

I believe there is a regular nj transit bus you can catch from NYC to Montclair. I think it's the #11 and #28.

i totally forgot about the busses. go with the bus. call NJ transit an speak with someone directly, tell them exactly where you are going. make sure you find out the gate # at the port authority.

i totally forgot about the busses. go with the bus. call NJ transit an speak with someone directly, tell them exactly where you are going. make sure you find out the gate # at the port authority.
thank you both!

Well looks like we are back on track and I'm not too worried about the rest of the tour!!!

Who has been to Wellmont before. How small is this place? I'm having my boyfriend lift me on the stage at one of these shows. ( I say this now but you know I'll chicken out) but in case I grow a set...
I'm thinking about waiting for NYC to join everyone else because I have a feeling it won't go down too well at this place.

The theater has just been renovated and reopened just last year.

Interesting article about the renovations:
http://www.musicsnobbery.com/2008/09/inside-the-wellmont-theater-two-months-from-opening.html

The Wellmont Theatre was built in 1922 as a legitimate theatre and converted into a motion picture theatre in 1929. The original entrance on the main avenue was 400 Bloomfield Avenue.

In 1951, it was listed with a seating capacity of 2,137. In the 1970's, the theatre was triplexed and the entry was moved around the corner to the lobby's former emergency exit. The original lobby then became a diner. The largest auditorium is the balcony theatre. Two auditoriums with smaller screens were created in the former orchestra seating.

The Westmont Theatre closed in 2006. In 2008, it was reported that the theatre was sold and the new owners were working on a plan to reopen it for concerts and other events. In 2008, as part of the renovations, the Wellmont Theatre became a single screen again, with the removal of the triplexing. A planned grand opening as a concert venue, is scheduled for October 27, 2008

Wellmont1.jpg

Last edited:
damn it I can't wait till monday!!!!!! f*** the weekend lol & let Monday come already!!! I can't wait, taking my gf to her first show...its gonna rock!!

yeah, pretty excited for monday. i'm gonna be in nyc this weekend(well, sunday for sure) and if anyone would like to meet up for (vegan)lunch or something, we can have a day before solo meet up...

OK has anyone ever been in this place? Do we have to wait in line early to get good floor seats? Let me know so I can leave work early :)

OK has anyone ever been in this place? Do we have to wait in line early to get good floor seats? Let me know so I can leave work early :)

i dont think there are floor seats. im pretty sure its GA standing and GA seating upstairs.
besides. leave work early anyways!

The last few Moz shows Ive been too, I actually arrived about an hour before the show and I've gotten pretty close..about 3 to 4 "rows" back, but never the coveted spot at the front, so really as long as you're there AT LEAST an hour early you should be ok. Especially at this place. I'm not familiar with Monclair, but standing in line for hours doesn't sound fun if you're not in the city, ya know what I mean.
Pee breaks, food breaks, people walking by, the excitement...etc..

don't think Im going now. Unless someone has an extra floor ticket they wanna sell me for a reasonable price?

First post here and this will be my first Moz show. I got a bit worried last week with the slew of cancellations, but now that he's gotten better, I'm completely stoked. :D

Who has been to Wellmont before. How small is this place? I'm having my boyfriend lift me on the stage at one of these shows. ( I say this now but you know I'll chicken out) but in case I grow a set...
I'm thinking about waiting for NYC to join everyone else because I have a feeling it won't go down too well at this place.
It's a small place, but probably not ideal for invading the stage. You'd probably have better luck at the Bowery show if yr going.

i have a will call ticket for the balcony that i do not need. i paid almost 60 for it, i will sell it for 45. any takers? they told me it shouldnt be a problem for someone else to pick it up, but i will be there in line and can get it from the box office if need be.

Back
Top Bottom