TTY: Gail Shea in search of a new hobby

a) "Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea"

So I guess wishing death on humans is OK then, but animals most certainly not.

b) "...although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

Wait. What? Morrissey is taking the piss out of someone for being fat? Jesus f***ing Christ. Shameful. Absolutely shameful. Seriously Morrissey, f*** off, and lay off the vodka.

f***s sake.

What about the "singers in glass houses" comment, then? :) That was a nice touch, I thought.

It's not our fault if Morrissey didn't get the note saying that turning his self-hatred into hatred of womanly fat isn't going to get him laid any time soon...

Just enjoy NYC if you're still there, don't feed the fat grey squirrels, the little gatecrashing bastards!

HEY ! stop calling the squirrels 'FAT' they have to get that way in prep of hibernation. JESUS CHRIST ! really! google is your friend!

- - - Updated - - -

Is it OK to take the piss out of someone for their body size? Yes or no? One of the two words is an answer. Go ahead.

no. BUT in the context of use. It is understandable.

Shea insulted Morrissey first, tit for tat. He's gone back at her in the manner which he normally does, especially when cruelty to animals are involved - with extreme vitriol, no surprise, I thought it was quite funny. No surprise and quite frankly she asked for it.

He's mentally ill. And it's okay to be mentally ill, it happens to the most creative artists. The problem is he's unchecked because his closest friends and family rely more on the money he makes singing Everyday Is Like Sunday every other night than they do on being legitimatley concerned about his welfare because he's surrounded himself with greedy people, so he spirals off on non-sequitur tangents using news that is topical only to his current agenda and PLOTS REVENGE!!! (imagine crazy eye and deploying his "boys" to slash tires) instead of thoughtfully looking at a situation and empathizing with it. He only REACTS, he is incapable of centered thought and looking at the big picture. This is because he's manic now. His friends and family should be ashamed they enable him.

Ridiculing fat people for your agenda is never, ever, funny. Morrissey should be very ashamed. But I doubt he won't be.

Any Morrissey fans who think it's valid to ridicule someone because of their body size, let's hear it.
WEE-OOO WEE-OOO! Fat shamer! Fat shamer! Morrissey should realize we are living in politically correct times now, and to be an asshole
in a more socially acceptable fashion! I mean, check your privilege, bro!

Well I'll ask you the same.

You're not vocal AT ALL when it is Morrissey's body in the firing line. Not one bit. So why is their a hierarchy of acceptability for this politician?

To me your inability, or lack of effort to answer any of my questions is a little telling.

Whilst you haven't given me the courtesy of attempting even a simple explanation to my questions, I will say that no I don't think it is acceptable.
HOWEVER I do think it is in certain contexts forgiveable. If someone was to call David Cameron a ''pudgy'' pig f***er I think my attention would be more on the fact that he f***ed a pig, as opposed to whether or not this grown man in a position of unbridled power had his figure disparaged.

Similarly with this story.

Personally I find your tack of avoiding questioning and refocusing of topics onto trivialities similar to what a politician or spin doctor would do. It's very strange. Surely the topic at hand is this deplorable woman, not a singular insult?

Also feel absoloutely free to reply to me with as many words as you see fit, I apologise that this answer didn't fit your ''Yes/No'' criteria, hope that isn't a problem for you.

:thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

that was wonderfully semisensical.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's try to stick to the debate at hand then.....

Morrissey: anti-murder; this Shea person: pro-murder. Talk amongst yourselves.

:thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeesh, no wonder I don't post on the main page..... People here "no can read good..."

at best your worst,

s.[/QUOT .. :lbf: dont you speak 'yeesh'?

Not that Morrissey needs any help with his arguments, since his wits, his music and his words speak by themselves and they leveled him where he is now and will be forever: very high, indeed. But there are some remarkable facts:
- This politician -sadly a woman, meant by nature to bring life to this world, not to supress it- is politically responsible for the serial killing of babies of another animal species, like we are. There aren't no logical explanations for holocausts, save greed and hate.
- When Morrissey protested against this unnecessary sacrifice, in the line of thought which binds all his life in a very coherent way, she was disrespecful and mocking in a topic that sensitizes him as well as millions of human beings, such as animal abuse and cruelty.
- Tragically, we live in a world where huge injustices and cruel killings occur daily and usually go unnoticed by the public, unless someone takes the risk to denounce them.
- Also those complaints usually go unnoticed, unless the complainant make an extraordinary event or remark to call public attention to the psychopath we are ignoring, as the victims of Stockholm Syndrome we are.
- I think that was the course of action taken by Morrissey to draw attention to the injustice of the existence of royalty and the criminal actions of Margaret Thatcher. Since he is a celebrity (as the serial killer politician said) he knows how to attract public attention.
Speaking of it, guillotine was up not to par to kill Margaret Thatcher. She should have been slaughtered to death with a kitchen knife like a baby seal. Not only by the miserable life she sponsored for a good part of the English population during his rule (misery is a kind of death). In addition to that:
"Power-mad, Thatcher destroys the miners with relish, a damned and unhappy soul smiling victoriously when, under her peace-by-force military instructions, an Argentinian ship full of young teenage soldiers is blown up even though it poses no threat whatsoever to British troops. The Belgrano is outside of the Malvinas Exclusion Zone and sailing away from the islands, and Thatcher cannot defend her actions when cross-examined on television by a member of the public" (Morrissey, "Autobiography")
As a family member of a survivor of the massacre of Belgrano I thank Moz its mention in his book. He couldn't have done it, but he mentioned it. My relative was 19 years old then. He was abducted a year before by the most cruel dictatorship that endured Argentina as a free country, to act as a conscript soldier. A dictatorship supported tactically and ideologically by the CIA, coincidentally Thatcher friends. Yes, the business of war...

I love you MOZ

He's mentally ill. And it's okay to be mentally ill, it happens to the most creative artists. The problem is he's unchecked because his closest friends and family rely more on the money he makes singing Everyday Is Like Sunday every other night than they do on being legitimatley concerned about his welfare because he's surrounded himself with greedy people, so he spirals off on non-sequitur tangents using news that is topical only to his current agenda and PLOTS REVENGE!!! (imagine crazy eye and deploying his "boys" to slash tires) instead of thoughtfully looking at a situation and empathizing with it. He only REACTS, he is incapable of centered thought and looking at the big picture. This is because he's manic now. His friends and family should be ashamed they enable him.

oh my Crystal, My darling Geezer... really ? yeesh yeesh on you!

- - - Updated - - -

WEE-OOO WEE-OOO! Fat shamer! Fat shamer! Morrissey should realize we are living in politically correct times now, and to be an asshole
in a more socially acceptable fashion! I mean, check your privilege, bro!

checked!

maybe they get more traffic by starting arguments than politely debating

yes, but traffic leads to crashes...as we see here. Careful now all you... boy racers!

- - - Updated - - -

Not that Morrissey needs any help with his arguments, since his wits, his music and his words speak by themselves and they leveled him where he is now and will be forever: very high, indeed. But there are some remarkable facts:
- This politician -sadly a woman, meant by nature to bring life to this world, not to supress it- is politically responsible for the serial killing of babies of another animal species, like we are. There aren't no logical explanations for holocausts, save greed and hate.
- When Morrissey protested against this unnecessary sacrifice, in the line of thought which binds all his life in a very coherent way, she was disrespecful and mocking in a topic that sensitizes him as well as millions of human beings, such as animal abuse and cruelty.
- Tragically, we live in a world where huge injustices and cruel killings occur daily and usually go unnoticed by the public, unless someone takes the risk to denounce them.
- Also those complaints usually go unnoticed, unless the complainant make an extraordinary event or remark to call public attention to the psychopath we are ignoring, as the victims of Stockholm Syndrome we are.
- I think that was the course of action taken by Morrissey to draw attention to the injustice of the existence of royalty and the criminal actions of Margaret Thatcher. Since he is a celebrity (as the serial killer politician said) he knows how to attract public attention.
Speaking of it, guillotine was up not to par to kill Margaret Thatcher. She should have been slaughtered to death with a kitchen knife like a baby seal. Not only by the miserable life she sponsored for a good part of the English population during his rule (misery is a kind of death). In addition to that:
"Power-mad, Thatcher destroys the miners with relish, a damned and unhappy soul smiling victoriously when, under her peace-by-force military instructions, an Argentinian ship full of young teenage soldiers is blown up even though it poses no threat whatsoever to British troops. The Belgrano is outside of the Malvinas Exclusion Zone and sailing away from the islands, and Thatcher cannot defend her actions when cross-examined on television by a member of the public" (Morrissey, "Autobiography")
As a family member of a survivor of the massacre of Belgrano I thank Moz its mention in his book. He couldn't have done it, but he mentioned it. My relative was 19 years old then. He was abducted a year before by the most cruel dictatorship that endured Argentina as a free country, to act as a conscript soldier. A dictatorship supported tactically and ideologically by the CIA, coincidentally Thatcher friends. Yes, the business of war...

I love you MOZ

:thumb::thumb::thumb: thank you, comrade.

What did you thought he would be like? An easy going boy about town like Johnny Marr who stunns everyone simply through being and who runs around and calls every fangirl "darling"? He never was that person. It must be awful that every person you meet has different expectations about you. Regarding the seals, Moz has never said that the Canadian people want it. He always says that they don't want it. I always suspected that he decided to boycott Canada in the heat of ONE moment. And now? It would look even more silly than holding on to it.

The first time I met Morrissey I was not at all disappointed. He was exactly the man I had expected him to be: charming, soft-spoken, and incredibly reserved (all of which I consider virtues). I was grateful, and still am, for having that opportunity. For me, he is the greatest lyricist of his generation, and whether or not he is unpleasant to fans is of little consequence, but from my experience that could not be farther from the truth.

Morrissey as a public crusader is another story entirely. It is as if all the cruel and bizarre things we have read about him in the past are suddenly becoming true. I often wonder if he has a PR agent, and if he does, do they also represent the Church of Scientology? We can surely all agree that his commitment to animal welfare is admirable. Perhaps that is an understatement. But his method of delivery is deplorable.

Publically shaming someone by calling them fat and wishing them dead is not stoic, it is petty and cruel. Publically admitting that you take pleasure in women being gored by bulls does not speak of an empathetic person, it speaks of an Ill one. Wishing painful death upon someone because they don't share the same values about their food choices is the definition of barbaric!

In Morrissey's world he can tell his employees what they can eat, what clothes they can wear, and in Julia's case, what they can post. If you disobey him be shunned, or even worse, have your name printed on a T-shirt underneath an expletive. Truly anger him and he will wish you dead on TTY.

True campaigners for justice don't release passive aggressive statements on blogs. They don't belittle someone about their weight on the internet, which is tantamount to bullying. Teenage girls do this. Morrissey is a grown man.

Morrissey chooses his battles carefully. Taking pot shots at an elderly woman with weight issues isn't a courageous one. Surely I am not the only one who sees this?

Last edited:
The first time I met Morrissey I was not at all disappointed. He was exactly the man I had expected him to be: charming, soft-spoken, and incredibly reserved (all of which I consider virtues). I was grateful, and still am, for having that opportunity. For me, he is the greatest lyricist of his generation, and whether or not he is unpleasant to fans is of little consequence, but from my experience that could not be farther from the truth.

Morrissey as a public crusader is another story entirely. It is as if all the cruel and bizarre things we have read about him in the past are suddenly becoming true. I often wonder if he has a PR agent, and if he does, do they also represent the Church of Scientology? We can surely all agree that his commitment to animal welfare is admirable. Perhaps that is an understatement. But his method of delivery is deplorable.

Publically shaming someone by calling them fat and wishing them dead is not stoic, it is petty and cruel. Publically admitting that you take pleasure in women being gored by bulls does not speak of an empathetic person, it speaks of an Ill one. Wishing painful death upon someone because they don't share the same values about their food choices is the definition of barbaric!

In Morrissey's world he can tell his employees what they can eat, what clothes they can wear, and in Julia's case, what they can post. If you disobey him be shunned, or even worse, have your name printed on a T-shirt underneath an expletive. Truly anger him and he will wish you dead on TTY.

True campaigners for justice don't release passive aggressive statements on blogs. They don't belittle someone about their weight on the internet, which is tantamount to bullying. Teenage girls do this. Morrissey is a grown man.

Morrissey chooses his battles carefully. Taking pot shots at an elderly woman with weight issues isn't a courageous one. Surely I am not the only one who sees this?

He obviously hates this woman because she was willing to let seals be tortured and she almost was proud of it. When you love animals you HATE anyone that is like her. At that point you really don't care about their feelings and are willing to call them fat. She is willing to have seals tourtured , who cares about her feelings.

it

He isn't SOLELY taking pot shots at the woman. The off the cuff comment is tangential to the broader issue of seal culling in Canada. He is simply using this woman's cache and moment in the media to direct attention to a more worthy issue. Would the media pick up on Moz simply talking about seal culling? Probably not. Would the media pick up on his point about seal culling if he throws in some crass caveat asking for this woman's execution. Yes they will.

Yet bizarrely it was somehow appropriate to carve a career doing just this, when backed to music???

Magaret Thatcher?
Queen Elizabeth?

Why the problems with his vitriol now? Is it because Morrissey is no longer the wilting waif he once was? What has changed from the proceeding decades worth of albums behaving this way, where he was once praised for being like this? For behaving like... uuuh ... Morrissey??

It's as if alot of the posters here have only recently forgot that Morrissey has been like this since the beginning and it is a large part of his aesthetic.

Imagine at their height, fans decrying ''I JUST DON'T GET IT WHY ARE THE RAMONES WEARING LEATHER JACKETS?''. Bizarre.

He obviously hates this woman because she was willing to let seals be tortured and she almost was proud of it. When you love animals you HATE anyone that is like her. At that point you really don't care about their feelings and are willing to call them fat. She is willing to have seals tourtured , who cares about her feelings.

:thumb: hear,hear!

Morrissey chooses his battles and they are huge: meat industry and war industry. We never will know the real names behind those butcheries: they hide their faces in corporations. They carefully choose their public representatives, financing political campaigns of chubby elderly women that resemble your aunt or your grandmother, buth who sustain criminal agendas. Those butcheries DO have PR. They are selling you an image of candid innocence and naivete when in truth they are massacring people and animals merely by greed.
Since you asked, I must say you can't see, you are blind.

Morrissey chooses his battles and they are huge: meat industry and war industry. We never will know the real names behind those butcheries: they hide their faces in corporations. They carefully choose their public representatives, financing political campaigns of chubby elderly women that resemble your aunt or your grandmother, buth who sustain criminal agendas. Those butcheries DO have PR. They are selling you an image of candid innocence and naivete when in truth they are massacring people and animals merely by greed.
Since you asked, I must say you can't see, you are blind.

WONDERFUL post ..thank you ! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

After reading so many of 'UncleSkinnys' posts over the years now, it really is time for you to leave this website. Seriously, all you ever post is negative comments about everything Morrissey says or does. Quite frankly it's rather sad that a middle aged bloke spends his time being negative on a 'fan site'.

You've been negative of Moz for a good few years now, from what I can tell from your comments. Also it doesn't seem like you ever go to any of his gigs anymore(I could be wrong) and you were very scathing of the book. I think it's more of you wanting to be seen and heard on the Internet, your only platform to air your views.
But really your opinions are now very boring as it's the same old crap day after day, story after story. An opinion you express heavily on Morrissey.

Morrissey still has a million times the talent and vision than you or I will ever have

I think it started when David T was kicked out. I know it did for me. It's disgusting that Morrissey did that.
As for Uncle Skinny not going to any gigs, from what I understand the same fate awaits him, as with David T, if he goes. As with any Mods from this site.
Maybe he was scathing because the book sucked.

Since he's bringing up his name in the news, maybe we should explore the trajectory of deposed Egyyptian dictator Morsi who is awaiting trial for various war crimes, espionage and leaked classified documents? :straightface:

Spelling counts for naught when the word is bird.

I think it started when David T was kicked out. I know it did for me. It's disgusting that Morrissey did that.
As for Uncle Skinny not going to any gigs, from what I understand the same fate awaits him, as with David T, if he goes. As with any Mods from this site.
Maybe he was scathing because the book sucked.

DavidT was kicked out??

Your question demonstrates the fundamental flaw in your logic. Rarely is reality black and white, one or the other. In a dispute, both parties can be wrong and out of line. Middle ground should be searched for, not a flood to one extreme or the other.

Gail Shea previously never made any cruel comments, unless we should consider calling Morrissey "desperate for a hobby" an absolute slash at his very being. That was the most vicious attack lobbed at Morrissey from Shea's office, and given Morrissey's demonstrated lack of knowledge, perhaps they had a point. If you can't do your homework and learn the facts of an issue, you really don't deserve to be speaking publicly on an issue and would be better advised to educate yourself on the topic first or do something else. That's fair enough and rather practical.

Morrissey actually compared rural and Aboriginal Canadians to Nazis in his response from 2014. This is typical impractical Morrissey, and it does not lead to a constructive debate.
I don't know much about politics in Canada and i see you live there so you know things much better than me. I don't want to go into political details i know nothing about, my post was simply a reflection on what caused the reply Moz decided to give her. What i wanted to say is that i don't think his comment is so shocking, because:
1)It's not the first time he acts like that, to me that reply is in perfect Moz style. If you get offended then you don't know him.
2)People who complain about Morrissey's comment are quite hypocrital to me. When we argue with someone we all say nasty things, it's normal. I'm not saying it's ok to make fun of other people's weight but when we don't like someone we are more likely to make such comments.
3)Maybe he doesn't know everything about Canada and its politics etc., but his intentions were good. When it comes to saving animals we know Morrissey is honest, he tries to do his best to help them, so why saying he's a millionaire searching for a hobby? This is WHY he answered in that way, because that woman showed no respect to him. Morrissey doesn't know her and her party super well but with that reply she made me understand she knows nothing about him and she doesn't give a damn if innocent animals are dying.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom