Tokyo - Toyosu Pit (Nov. 28, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @takumihurry

Last edited:
I see he's wearing a T-Rex t-shirt. There's a new documentary about Marc Bolan recently, Angel-Headed Hipster, it's got a lot of interviews in it - none with Moz, although a lot of Bowie (obviously) and an amazing bit where Joe Elliott of Def Leppard reveals he copied out Marc's poetry book in the library.

Wish his band could play different tunes someday. But I understand their pretty limited skills

What a bunch of whingers. A 64 year old goes on a world tour with a great Tokyo setlist. 19 songs with perhaps 2 duds. I just saw the Happy Mondays and got 13 songs with 4 yawners.

That said, for an alternate 40 yr show, perhaps we could enjoy this 19, weighted towards the well-known and a spread over time:

This Charming Man/That Joke Isn't/Bigmouth/There is a light/Asleep/Last Night I Dreamt/Alsatian Cousin/Late Night Maudlin St/November/Last of the Famous/Sing your life/Nat Front Disco/Now My Heart if Full/The More you ignore me/Why don't you find out/The Teachers are afraid/Come back to Camden/I'm throwing my arms/Spent the day in bed
This list would be as bleak as his current 5 year set list.
Nice try🤓

Assuming "bleak" is not a compliment, I said it was weighted to popular tracks and a spread over time. I know some have been played a lot recently too but I would love to hear all these songs. Why not have-a-go with your own dream list?
This list would be as bleak as his current 5 year set list.
Nice try🤓

These songs are, and have been on their way out for years.
Not being horrid with ya,
It’s the same olde shite.
We, his Mozjestics public,
Deserve a hell of a lot better.
Not a penny more from
The likes of me, EVER.

His Mozjesty's realms are not a democracy. Even his current set list is strong. However I realise there are some things you cannot get over and I do not ask you to.

Not a penny more from
The likes of me, EVER.

Not a penny more from
The likes of me, EVER.

Speaking of on their way out, he only did Love Is On Its Way Out about 3 times right? Wish he would do that again. And River Clean.

I have this awful feeling that Moz will be playing this same set well into his 70's. But hey, the drunk cat routine was new!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom