Sydney - State Theater (Dec. 11, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're The One For Me, Fatty / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / How Soon Is Now? / I Wish You Lonely / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Girlfriend In A Coma / Half A Person / Our Frank / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Alma Matters / / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Speedway // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm (Note: order not 100% confirmed).

• Photo from Thiccystardust / Instagram story posted by Famous when dead (original post):

Last edited:

There are countless examples throughout the last 40 years of his output of the incomparable way in which he’s always been the absolute master of knowing how to harness his laser insight and how to focus his introspection deliberately in order to plumb and explore the darkest and deepest and most vulnerable corners of some of the starkest and most desperate emotions that can ever be experienced in this human journey when we’re in this phase of inhabiting these physical bodies of human flesh. Even then, very relevant to point out that emotions are not experienced in the same ways by people - despite that we assume they are. Lots of people may never feel anything similar at all. Morrissey is not for everyone and that’s fine.

The thing that is so spectacular to me and that always has been, is that to go to the darkest and furthest corners of the human psyche in order to deliberately probe and examine how bleak, bleak can be, or how much pain can be held before everything implodes… and then to be able to turn around and to conquer, and to write a beautiful song or to have no qualms about standing singing in front of thousands of people about such profoundly intimate and deeply private moments, is truly his gift to the world. Juxtaposition with beautiful and romantic imagery, his talent.

The point is, no one else can even come close. No one else can even come close to being able to do what he does, and certainly no one else will ever come close to approaching who he is.

Absolutely love this spellbinding song. Absolutely love this brilliantly intelligent, uniquely fearless, and utterly spellbinding man.

Another great compilation video!
Excellent Christmas song - complete with Angel:

Saint08.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom