Three Morrissey releases delayed? How much will Moz fans take?

At least they're consistent.

I really understand Morrissey's desire to have a team of people at a brick and mortar company working to get his music out there, just like the old days, but it's really not working well...

People scoffed when Bowie set up a pay site offering member exclusives almost 10 years ago (?), but it still seems to be going. Maybe Morrissey should go the same route?

The greatest hits and That's how people will grow up was delayed onyl for a week mind you. But that makes it that every single thing realised on Decca so far has been delayed.

Now with the DVD on indefinite hiatus, we have three Morrissey releases that have been pushed back from their original release dates: Years of Refusal, the Southpaw Grammar re-master and the aforementioned Hollywood Bowl DVD.

I'm pretty patient as far as fans go. "Whenever it comes out, it comes out." But three for nothing? Ruddy hell, how much will fans take?

fans will take anything thats why they are fans ....;)

After more than 10 years this site is surely the best barometer there is. Having said that, there must be a ton of Morrissey fans out there who don't visit this site/don't surf the web etc.

Nevertheless, I'm curious about the web stats, say, just as the hype machine geared up for Quarry, through the "comeback" era, the Ringleader follow-up, and where we stand now (just before the next album).

David?

fans will take anything thats why they are fans ....;)

People scoffed when Bowie set up a pay site offering member exclusives almost 10 years ago (?), but it still seems to be going. Maybe Morrissey should go the same route?

Morrissey will NEVER have a decent official website. They're all crap.

After more than 10 years this site is surely the best barometer there is. Having said that, there must be a ton of Morrissey fans out there who don't visit this site/don't surf the web etc.

Nevertheless, I'm curious about the web stats, say, just as the hype machine geared up for Quarry, through the "comeback" era, the Ringleader follow-up, and where we stand now (just before the next album).

David?

Morrissey's PR team needs to create a buzz to inform those people who don't bother to visit internet sites.
Still very important to have traditional PR campaign (radio airplay, TV/radio appearances, newspaper/magazine interviews, store displays, advertising etc).

As a result of last week's new album cover thread, more than 100 lurkers decided to register to the forums. ;)

Morrissey - Live at the Hollywood Bowl

Anyone have the dvd yet? How is it?

Hollywood Bowl DVD release has been postponed

I'm afraid Morrissey disapproved of artwork and release of DVD, Warner postponed its release.

Hopefully they manage to reach agreement and DVD will be released in near future.

Re: Hollywood Bowl DVD release has been postponed

I'm afraid Morrissey disapproved of artwork and release of DVD, Warner postponed its release.

Hopefully they manage to reach agreement and DVD will be released in near future.

HMV says it is due for release March 1, 2009

HMV says it is due for release March 1, 2009

We still haven't heard official announcement from Morrissey.

Hopefully DVD will be released on 1st March 2009.

Amazon.com has it posted as available! It has the release date for Oct. 14.... that is why I asked. I thought it was also delayed like all other releases.

We still haven't heard official announcement from Morrissey.

Hopefully DVD will be released on 1st March 2009.

True. Actually Wikipedia says that HMV says March 1...

We all know how accurate Wikipedia is :rolleyes:

Amazon.com has it posted as available! It has the release date for Oct. 14.... that is why I asked. I thought it was also delayed like all other releases.

On 14th August 2008 a statement has been posted on http://true-to-you.net

MESSAGE FROM MORRISSEY.

The slapdash release of Morrissey live at the Hollywood Bowl is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager. Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this dvd will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere.
thank you, MORRISSEY.

Live at the Hollywood Bowl has been available for a few weeks on Amazon as a Region 2-5 import release.

Any word on when the Region 1 version will be available?

Live at the Hollywood Bowl has been available for a few weeks on Amazon as a Region 2-5 import release.

Any word on when the Region 1 version will be available?

Some people speculate it'll be released on 1st March 2009, however, Morrissey hasn't officially announced anything it yet.

Seems odd that they would wait until March to release Region 1 when Regions 2-5 are already out there.

I vaguely recall reading indications that the Region 1 version would be released back in October one day after the UK release.

Seems odd that they would wait until March to release Region 1 when Regions 2-5 are already out there.

I vaguely recall reading indications that the Region 1 version would be released back in October one day after the UK release.

Originally it was supposed to be released on 5th October.
However, after Morrissey publicly dismissed its release, it has been postponed.

It hasn't been available any regions at the moment.

Amazon is very unprofessional that they haven't updated / edited release info on their website.

David?

Well the most popular polls get close to 5,000 votes so at a guess there is a maximum of around 5,000 people that come to the website.
Who Ate Me Curry sold over a million worldwide.
That would suggest that around 0.5% of people who have a Moz album (YRTQ is his biggest seller) come to this website (and 99.5% don't), so it's a tiny tiny fraction.
Obviously these are approximate figures but a reasonably good ball park...

Back
Top Bottom