how will morrissey be remembered in 50 Years?

when morrissey does die I will save alot of money as I wont have to spend money to see the ol' git so much.

Do you ever find yourself sitting around wondering if Morrissey's cholesterol is in check? I do.

i think it would be pretty naive to think that morrissey will leave behind some legendary legacy. people generally won't care. most people now don't even really know who he is, in most parts of the states anyway.

i think it would be pretty naive to think that morrissey will leave behind some legendary legacy. people generally won't care. most people now don't even really know who he is, in most parts of the states anyway.

Well, in my opinion he already has. Lots of bands name him as an influence. Some even had names after his songs (like SUEDE). Lots of fans still around (and passionate) after 25 years. The kind of passion he draws in some people is only matched by the hate of others (like DQ) again after 25 years... Exhibitions, portraits in the British National Gallery, quotes being used in newspapers, Conventions, University studies ...

In my opinion he will be bigger when he dies. I bet many people never read wilde but his legacy is great. I see Moz as a musical version of that :D - and people will visit his grave - just like Jim Morrison :)

Oh,and I'd like to add that it is said that not many heard the record "velvet Underground& Nico" but those who did formed a band and helped change music... I suppose many people today never heard of them either... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom