Morrissey Central "THANK YOU, PERU !" (June 23, 2023)

THANK YOU, PERU !

istockphoto-863829164-612x612.jpg

Presale tickets for Anfiteatro Parque de la Explosion in Lima, Peru on September 14 have sold out immediately.

They will sound fine, barring any major flub or misstep, of course. Brendan will run backing tracks as needed. Alain had gone back through and recorded many of the bits needed to make the stuff sound as close to the records as possible. They will undoubtedly use them with the new players on board. Now if they venture off script and really do play a “hits” tour and it’s not a marketing “vaguery”, all bets are off. Obviously they’re very good musicians, but that doesn’t always translate to “feel”, as evidenced by some previous tours featuring certain songs. I’ve no personal insight, but my guess is these shows (at least the July gigs) will be more of a continuation of the previous tour than a hits tour. Likely a few different songs added (probably Isle Of Dogs, for one), but a drastically different set would be a surprise as Moz doesn’t seem keen on playing much of the early solo stuff. Disappointing as a fan, but he’s got his reasons.
I agree with you that the setlist may be fairly similar to the one we saw in March and I am okay with that idea. I love a lot of the earlier solo stuff, but I am also happy to hear some of the more recent stuff like Istahnbul, Wish You Lonely or Hurling Days played live.

I was just wondering who would provide the backing vocals, which are an essential part of Knockabout World or Without Music The World Dies. I have never seen Jesse providing backing vocals, not sure about Juan or Brendan but I don’t think so either. Of course, the backing vocals can bek on tape as you mentioned and as was the case with Miley’s voice on Veronica, but that’s a loss in terms of band dynamic in my opinion.

I've told you before and I'll tell you again. Money is the only thing he's interested in. And when he sells 4000 tickets, it's ching-ching-ching. That's why he celebrates. It is, was, and always has been the only thing he's interested in. I guess we'll have a long wait before he trumpets a non-sold-out venue.
It's his job, he's an entertainer. He's also simply thanking the people of Peru for their interest. Don't you have to drive your mother to the mall or something?

I assume you work for a charity Skinny, and certainly not some US conglomerate making shedloads of profits? Kindly confirm.

For what is worth, presale tickets in Chile are essentially sold out as well.
You had to buy them through a certain bank and I didn’t have an account, only today I thought I could just make an account and it was fairly easy, but there were no tickets left (except for the standing area, but it makes no difference to buy those later). So it was all for nothing :(

Você respondeu à pessoa errada, amigo. Lujan é uma das maiores fans de Morrissey neste site.

Acho que sua intenção era respondedor a BrummieBoy, não? Se for, ainda dá tempo de corrigir. ¡Buen día!
Si gracias Fan de Moz yo interprete que esa respuesta era para BummieBoy .Voce tambien eres un super Fan de Moz!!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 😍 😍

Estoy de acuerdo y estoy muy emocionado por él.
El problema es que las bandas occidentales siempre llenan estos lugares. Si Brother Beyond tocara o EMF se venderían. Están felices de que las bandas visiten su país. Aunque es bueno que les agradezca

Suele funcionar que un artista se haga grande en USA y Europa
Luego, si esos países se aburren de ellos, hacen su dinero en América del Sur, Tailandia, etc.
Otro que parece vivir en un bote de mayonesa.... Morrissey llena todo el mundo en muchos países. aparte de EEUU y los de Europa..., lo que pasa es que hay gente que cree que el mundo es eso. Yo tambien voy a un concierto si me gusta el artista no me interesa si se aburrieron de el, como dices, en USA o en Europa...

Por lo que vale, los boletos de preventa en Chile también están esencialmente agotados.
Tenías que comprarlos a través de cierto banco y no tenía una cuenta, solo que hoy pensé que podía hacer una cuenta y era bastante fácil, pero no quedaban boletos (excepto para el área de pie, pero hace no hay diferencia para comprarlos más tarde). Así que todo fue en vano:(
Hola Crisstti !!hay no entendi lo que te paso podes contarme en castellano? Aca en Argentina hay privilegios para los que tienen cuenta en el Banco Frances o Bbva ,no es mi caso ,a ellos le dan prioridad para comprar las entradas dos dias antes ,y en cuotas ,y el resto tiene que esperar y comprar lo que haya....los lugares que queden....eso es muy injusto!!!

Hola Crisstti !!hay no entendi lo que te paso podes contarme en castellano? Aca en Argentina hay privilegios para los que tienen cuenta en el Banco Frances o Bbva ,no es mi caso ,a ellos le dan prioridad para comprar las entradas dos dias antes ,y en cuotas ,y el resto tiene que esperar y comprar lo que haya....los lugares que queden....eso es muy injusto!!!
Pasó eso mismo. La preventa (de 4.000 entradas) era para clientes del Banco de Chile. Yo no tenía cuenta, así es que dije "tendré que esperar", pero hoy se me ocurrió que podría tratar de hacerme una cuenta vista que ofrecen, y me la hice y traté de comprar entradas de la preventa, pero estaban todas vendidas ya.
Así es que voy a tener que esperar a la venta general de todos modos. Ojalá que queden buenos asientos.
No me parece un buen sistema para nada tampoco!
Antes sólo se les hacía un descuento a la gente que era cliente de ciertas compañías, pero esto de la preventa exclusiva no me parece.

Last edited:
I agree with you that the setlist may be fairly similar to the one we saw in March and I am okay with that idea. I love a lot of the earlier solo stuff, but I am also happy to hear some of the more recent stuff like Istahnbul, Wish You Lonely or Hurling Days played live.

I was just wondering who would provide the backing vocals, which are an essential part of Knockabout World or Without Music The World Dies. I have never seen Jesse providing backing vocals, not sure about Juan or Brendan but I don’t think so either. Of course, the backing vocals can bek on tape as you mentioned and as was the case with Miley’s voice on Veronica, but that’s a loss in terms of band dynamic in my opinion.
Also, Camila is a prolific singer in her own right, so it will be interesting to see if she gets more space than just play the keyboard.
One would assume that she would.

'Presale tickets for Anfiteatro Parque de la Explosion in Lima, Peru on September 14 have sold out immediately.'

He hasn't sold 4000 tickets but he has convinced some of you that this is a 'hot ticket'. Classic marketing scam.

How many pre-sale tickets were made available? 10%? 25%?

I glanced at Ticketmaster UK this afternoon and there are tickets available for every single show. Not surprisingly given the prices. Clearly the attempt to generate 'artificial scarcity' and 'panic buying' by announcing bogus sell-outs didn't work so the seats are being released in dribs and drabs to make it appear as if these gigs are sold out when there's probably 50% of inventory still on reseller websites waiting to be shifted.

Why do artists be party to this fraudulent nonsense?

It's not as if Morrissey doesn't have form for this kind of malarkey...don't believe the hype...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

'Morrissey fans stunned by 'free ticket' giveaway ahead of Manchester Arena show
Stunned passers-by were celebrating after a city centre giveaway to see Manchester music legend Morrissey. A mystery man was reported in the city centre handing out tickets for the former Smiths frontman’s Manchester Arena gig tomorrow.'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../morrissey-fans-stunned-by-free-ticket-691841

'The classic pre-sale model: this is one of the easiest and most authentic ways to create a sense of urgency and a feeling of exclusivity in your target audience. Your ticketing inventory is limited, after all, so once it’s gone, it’s gone!...Scarcity is a powerful driver in purchasing behavior. Consumers tend to place additional value on items they believe are in limited supply or difficult to acquire, making them more inclined to purchase. If you’re not leveraging the principle of scarcity to sell tickets and promote events at your venue, you are missing out on a great opportunity! (See what we did there?). Read on to discover new ideas for using scarcity in your marketing promotions so you can sell more tickets, increase revenue and reach new audiences.'

https://www.accesso.com/learn/how-to-sell-more-tickets-using-the-principle-of-scarcity

'This amphitheater has the capacity to accommodate about 4 thousand people'

https://indiehoy.com/lugares/anfiteatro-del-parque-de-la-exposicion/
Actually all sold out.I live in Peru.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom