New update on TTY!!!!!!!

I feel this deep pang every time I look at that beautiful, expressive, dignified 48-year old Morrissey. I've "known" him since I was a very young teenager. I'm a good bit younger than Morrissey, but not by that much. I look at that face with the lines creeping in and the gray taking over, and I see the same lines sneaking on to my face and the same gray infiltrating my head. I'm right behind him, and if he's... god, stopping, stopping being young and doing what he does... it means I have to stop soon too. I'm not a teenager anymore, he's not in his twenties anymore. Neither am I. We're both, way, way past that.

I don't know what else to say. I really don't.

You took the words right out of my heart. :( He's been there beside me, comforting me, giving me something to live for since I was 17 years old. I'm nearly 41 - that's a very long time. I can't imagine the world without him. I feel like such a wretch for taking him for granted the last few years. I have been such a fool... I'm glad I've come to my senses in time to see a couple more shows.

ack. ack. oh...yeesh. i dont know what to say. i wanna cryyyyyyyyyyy.

at least i'll be able to see him again. wow, are these shows gonna be super emotional or what? sheesh :(

Put me in with the optimists too. I think that if this were, in fact, THE END, wouldn't he end it in the UK?

It's so classic Moz. Answering one question prompts fifty more!

That's what I was thinking too. I understand wanting to do intimate shows and realizing that touring in America has turned out successful for him, but I think he would have to end it in a larger venue in Manchester. Or just somewhere in the UK, but I really don't think he would play his final concert in a small venue (though I know nothing about the Atlanta venue), and I have a very debatable reason why. He obviously prefers smaller venues, but I don't think he could designate a show as THE END and have only a few thousand people be at THE END. It seems too...exclusive, and that the fans present are shown too much...favoritism. I just think it would be kind of alienating a lot of his fans to limit the number of people able to be at THE END to only a couple thousand. Even though a very large majority of his fans aren't going to be able to see his final concert, obviously, I think they would respond negatively to the idea of Morrissey's final performance being limited to less people than could be there.

ooohhh $75million dollars... can buy a lot of throwaway Gucci shirts!
drevil.gif

Im surprised he's 'going back or ending it' in Atlanta after that fiasco at Chastain, but maybe that's why he is ... to do Hotlanta 'right'. The news does have that final feeling to it. But just for this tour. No way would he not say goodbye to the UK in person. Playing with our feelings...well, you've teased us plenty before. "This is the last song I will ever sing, no I've changed my mind again....!!!" I love the rollercoaster that is Morrissey

"there have been many incredible nights all over the world"

All over the world?? WTF!! I'm pissed off! Yeah, i am... At first I thought it was a break from such a long and exahusting tour... But to say that there were awesome nights all over the world?? I feel almost offended!! No f***ing Southamerica! No f***ing Asia! No f***ing Oceania!!! As far as I know, America and Europe are not THE WORLD... So, I can totally understand that he's worn out, that all he wants to do is take a break and rest and make a new record maybe, but if he's planning to retire from touring, this is really an insult and a negligence for all the thousands of members of his audience that live "down under in the third world"... At least Canadians can travel to the US more easily to see him, but if these are going to be the last dates of his touring life for good, what the hell do I have to do to see him again live!! Mortgage my house (I don't even own one) to go to the US or Mexico?? Sell my soul to the f***ing devil to have the American/European exclusive privilege and right to see him again live for the last freaking time in life?? Who said life was fair, but this indeed is sooo unfair... And I can't stand his PR reps saying "all over the world" when clearly he hasn't been all over the world in 3 years, since the last time he came to South America... Yes, I'm furious... That's because maybe pain appears many times as anger first... I don't know what the hell to do or think... I don't have the slightest chance to get any credit or loan to go anywhere as far as the US and Mexico to see him...

And now i can totally understand when Boz answered my msg and told me that "we have NO MORE plans for South America" Now that "NO MORE" makes total sense...

My only hope is that if he releases a new record over the next years, he won't resist the temptation to go touring again (maybe for not so long) to share and show his new songs with his audience... I'm kicking stones on the floor! I'm mad! :angry: :sad: f*** I'm mad!!

Last edited:
Want to see something funny? On the main forums page, you can click on "currently active users" and see where everyone is. Guess where everyone is?

Why is this hitting me like a ton of bricks?

Want to see something funny? On the main forums page, you can click on "currently active users" and see where everyone is. Guess where everyone is?

Why is this hitting me like a ton of bricks?

It's hitting us all like a ton of bricks. But those bricks are laced with a bit of hope, you know what I mean? Or am I just telling myself that at the moment?

By the way PFTLT, congrats on your 1,000th post!!!!

Ok, everyone calm down.
Chant with me: friiiiink thrrreeead.

We have many shows to look forward to. All will be well!

whoa whoa whoa this is getting out of hand! The guy wants to a)fill his venues and b)not have to tour for a couple years. i dont blame him. and since he doesnt know what the future will bring (ie, he might get sick, or he might find a reason to retire that isn't sad like being sick), he just wants to fairly warn people that there might be a big tour gap. seems perfectly logical. i highly doubt the man's going to huddle up in LA or italy and not come out again.

Morrissey still has it in him to keep 'existing onstage'. Esp in support of a few new CD's -I can wish- :) I think he needs a breather, some downtime and then not go so gangbusters (so many dates) on the next tour. Nothing ages a man faster than trying to prove he's still as young as ever.

PFTLT, remember I said (in the PM) that I was feeling kinda shitty? Well, I'm feeling very sick and ill now. I think I better go to bed...after I check out the frinky side of life...

p.s. happy thousandthth-ist post

LOL... I knew it was gonna happen, someday... but I wasn't expecting it to be like this.

It's not that he's saying he's retiring, he's not saying that. He's really only saying that he's done touring for now. That's different. Maybe I was just picturing Moz and I riding off into the sunset of our golden years together, smiling at each other from the front row and the stage a few times every other year. I just don't like being told I'm getting too old for this, when I know in some way it's true.

He knows what this is doing to us. He's been looking into our eyes all summer. Looked into my eyes, more than once. We bring him letters and things and bring him flowers, for god's sake. He knows. I'd like to think he feels the weight of it too.

I am being overdramatic. I'm sorry. I'm going to sit back for now.

Now that I've had time to calm down and forward this announcement to several people, I realise that the future is uncertain and so we should just enjoy the shows and not think about the end. I started going to shows in 1991, but in 1997 I started getting the fear that each tour would be the last. It doesn't matter whether it's the last or not because it's always the last for now.

I'm terrible at anticipating the future. I can't see myself living beyond 50, so then I'll probably end up living past 100 and grumbling, "How the hell did this happen, damnit!?"

I think what he means is, he is probably going to take a break from touring for a while, maybe release an album or two or compilation without touring, and in case he decides to not resume touring, he doesn't want to disappoint fans by not warning them that this could be their last chance to see him. Imagine how upset everyone would be if he went on a tour, took a year or two off, then announced he was retiring (or no longer touring, at least), when more people might have tried to go see him knowing it was their last chance. He's just giving us all fair warning that he will probably take a break and might not come back, but he's probably going to tour again in the future, sometime.

I suppose fans are going to be divided into optimist and pessimist camps now, and if you have to classify me, throw me in with the optimists. I don't think this is the end. I'm not just saying that to "make myself feel better", it's what I think, and if what I thought was very bad news, I would be able to handle that.

I'm just hoping that he's pulling a Bowie, making it sound like it's The End to add more drama to these last few shows, and that he'll be back in a couple of years. I just can't imagine Morrissey being satisfied sitting around at home. He needs us just as much as we need him. He's probably just tired and wants to take a long breather from touring.

I hope. <shifts nervously, stomach aching>

Thank you, Mel Torment, Kuiper, and Comtesse! I needed someone to hold my hand there for a second, and you guys kept me from totally falling apart a minute ago. :p

I agree that deep down, I don't think this is The End. The word retirement was not in that update. I don't think Moz is looking at it that way now or he'd say so. (And yes, HandHolding... I would think he'd finish in England, too). He has said himself that he doesn't like to make plans, and I'm sure he doesn't want to make promises either.

I'm really touched by the comments about seeing the audience in intimate venues, and the packages to lower the price and let the Irregular Regulars in first.

I said it already (many, many times and I'll say it many, many more) but: Moz, we love you. :o I love you.

I'm really touched by the comments about seeing the audience in intimate venues, and the packages to lower the price and let the Irregular Regulars in first.

I said it already (many, many times and I'll say it many, many more) but: Moz, we love you. :o I love you.

oh totally! i mean, who else does that??? no one that ive ever heard of. he really cares about us. *tear* :o

wuv you too mozzy poo...:)

I told my girlfriend the news and read her the ominous excerpt from TTY and she looked at me with her non-fan perspective, rolled her eyes, and said: "Come on. Do you seriously think that if Morrissey was retiring he wouldn't tell the world that he was retiring? If I know anything about the man, I know that he's an attention whore and he would want to go out with a bang. He'd want everyone to know he was leaving. No, Morrissey is just taking a break - he's worn out from touring. Give him a couple of years and he'll be back. He's like Peter Murphy - he'll never stop."

She may not have the best taste in music, but she does make me feel better. :)

I told my girlfriend the news and read her the ominous excerpt from TTY and she looked at me with her non-fan perspective, rolled her eyes, and said: "Come on. Do you seriously think that if Morrissey was retiring he wouldn't tell the world that he was retiring? If I know anything about the man, I know that he's an attention whore and he would want to go out with a bang. He'd want everyone to know he was leaving. No, Morrissey is just taking a break - he's worn out from touring. Give him a couple of years and he'll be back. He's like Peter Murphy - he'll never stop."

She may not have the best taste in music, but she does make me feel better. :)

SHe is precisely right. thats exactly what i said but everyone's ignoring it in their soap opera induced agony!

There's no way this is his last tour.

Think about it. Moz has far too keen a sense of drama to play his last show in Atlanta. No offense to Atlanta or fans who live there, it is a very fine city, but it has no more meaning to Moz than any other city.

Surely, he would play his final show in either Manchester or in Los Angeles.

Also, the fact that he has at least three new songs on tour, and there are rumors of new sessions starting, is encouraging as well.

Place me firmly in the optimist camp.

Back
Top Bottom