New update on TTY!!!!!!!

Thanks...
It scared the hell out of me... some really weird things were said.
Don't know how to take it... should not read such stuff at nighttime.

I want to cry. I cant think about it being "over". And this is almost motivation for me to make all 5 of the NYC gigs so that I wont be left high and dry while all the ones with the "season tickets " get up close. Oh dear. :(

Yes, it really does sound like the END! :eek:

But I'm very happy about the discount offered for multiple shows, getting up front at the GA shows etc. But I'm just afraid it will be a clusterfcuk trying to get those special tickets.

Holy Crap! Talk about good news/bad news. No kidding about the busterduck for the rail passes. Let's all keep it on the DL. (riiigght). :)

What a frightening thing to read! But at least I'll be able to see him one last time before, well, before something...:o

I'm about to cry too. :(

I know Morrissey can't keep going and going and going indefintely but I selfishly don't want this to end. What does "for the foreseeable future" mean? :( (Not that I expect anyone here to know, obviously). On the other hand, the very last show is the day after my birthday a short drive from home, and I know all my friends will be there! :o

I love you, Moz.

I'll really lose it if he closes Royal Oak with Hand in Glove...

We all need to stop with this talk now! Seriously. Its only going to make it worse. Oh god.

Now that I've had time to calm down and forward this announcement to several people, I realise that the future is uncertain and so we should just enjoy the shows and not think about the end. I started going to shows in 1991, but in 1997 I started getting the fear that each tour would be the last. It doesn't matter whether it's the last or not because it's always the last for now.

I'm terrible at anticipating the future. I can't see myself living beyond 50, so then I'll probably end up living past 100 and grumbling, "How the hell did this happen, damnit!?"

Also, I re-read the putting-an-end-to-reunion-rumours bit. Yeah, I know, it'll never happen. BUT 75 MILLION DOLLARS to turn up on a stage 50 times wiff Johnny Marr!!!! That is amazing. If you think ticket prices are high now, woah, Nellie!

I think what he means is, he is probably going to take a break from touring for a while, maybe release an album or two or compilation without touring, and in case he decides to not resume touring, he doesn't want to disappoint fans by not warning them that this could be their last chance to see him. Imagine how upset everyone would be if he went on a tour, took a year or two off, then announced he was retiring (or no longer touring, at least), when more people might have tried to go see him knowing it was their last chance. He's just giving us all fair warning that he will probably take a break and might not come back, but he's probably going to tour again in the future, sometime.

I suppose fans are going to be divided into optimist and pessimist camps now, and if you have to classify me, throw me in with the optimists. I don't think this is the end. I'm not just saying that to "make myself feel better", it's what I think, and if what I thought was very bad news, I would be able to handle that.

Now that I've had time to calm down and forward this announcement to several people, I realise that the future is uncertain and so we should just enjoy the shows and not think about the end. I started going to shows in 1991, but in 1997 I started getting the fear that each tour would be the last. It doesn't matter whether it's the last or not because it's always the last for now.

I'm terrible at anticipating the future. I can't see myself living beyond 50, so then I'll probably end up living past 100 and grumbling, "How the hell did this happen, damnit!?"

Also, I re-read the putting-an-end-to-reunion-rumours bit. Yeah, I know, it'll never happen. BUT 75 MILLION DOLLARS to turn up on a stage 50 times wiff Johnny Marr!!!! That is amazing. If you think ticket prices are high now, woah, Nellie!

Some still have to see him in a gig, and as for now, that's in the 'unforeseeable future'. Oh well...

Yeah, and it's a strong statement about the reunion...

I think what he means is, he is probably going to take a break from touring for a while, maybe release an album or two or compilation without touring, and in case he decides to not resume touring, he doesn't want to disappoint fans by not warning them that this could be their last chance to see him. Imagine how upset everyone would be if he went on a tour, took a year or two off, then announced he was retiring (or no longer touring, at least), when more people might have tried to go see him knowing it was their last chance. He's just giving us all fair warning that he will probably take a break and might not come back, but he's probably going to tour again in the future, sometime.

I suppose fans are going to be divided into optimist and pessimist camps now, and if you have to classify me, throw me in with the optimists. I don't think this is the end. I'm not just saying that to "make myself feel better", it's what I think, and if what I thought was very bad news, I would be able to handle that.

Kipe! Just in time to join the fantasy football league! ;)

nobody knows what will happen tomorrow.

For now it is NY residency tickets and that poster for me. gotta get those tix at that price. I am very grateful to Morrissey for taking into consideration that I have a budget and I was going to sacrifice things that I probably should not sacrifice in order to go to every single show... this way it works for everyone!

:)

I'm just hoping that he's pulling a Bowie, making it sound like it's The End to add more drama to these last few shows, and that he'll be back in a couple of years. I just can't imagine Morrissey being satisfied sitting around at home. He needs us just as much as we need him. He's probably just tired and wants to take a long breather from touring.

I hope. <shifts nervously, stomach aching>

Put me in with the optimists too. I think that if this were, in fact, THE END, wouldn't he end it in the UK?

It's so classic Moz. Answering one question prompts fifty more!

Moz. All I can say is "what? what?" this sounds so... decisive. It sounds so final. It scares me. But it also makes sense, somehow.

I am so unbelievably grateful that I've been able to go to five shows this summer... even got my handshake. I'm so thankful, really thankful, for what he's given and shared with me so far... and I was just starting to realize how very much it's been, how much I owe him. In certain ways he was the only one who ever stood by me, and I love him far more than I ever used to. I was too young and dumb to fully appreciate it until this summer.

I feel this deep pang every time I look at that beautiful, expressive, dignified 48-year old Morrissey. I've "known" him since I was a very young teenager. I'm a good bit younger than Morrissey, but not by that much. I look at that face with the lines creeping in and the gray taking over, and I see the same lines sneaking on to my face and the same gray infiltrating my head. I'm right behind him, and if he's... god, stopping, stopping being young and doing what he does... it means I have to stop soon too. I'm not a teenager anymore, he's not in his twenties anymore. Neither am I. We're both, way, way past that.

I don't know what else to say. I really don't.

Seventy-five,

Million,

Dollars.

That's silly money.

I am just beyond impressed with the Morrissey and Johnny for turning that down. They know that the only thing cooler than having $75 million to split between themselves (and their staffs and a couple of rhythm stooges pulled randomly off the street) is saying no to $75 million. And then telling the Internet about it.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping that he's pulling a Bowie, making it sound like it's The End to add more drama to these last few shows, and that he'll be back in a couple of years. I just can't imagine Morrissey being satisfied sitting around at home. He needs us just as much as we need him. He's probably just tired and wants to take a long breather from touring.

I hope. <shifts nervously, stomach aching>

He's too young to retire. When these first new dates were added, I thought that was a sign he was going to turn into a perpetual tourer. Now I think it might be the opposite. He could play a 90-date world tour for each album and he could put out an album every other year, but I think now he's going to prefer casually releasing new music every couple years and doing small tours, maybe with a few stray dates every year or so even if he doesn't have an album out (like at the present, but on a smaller scale). So I think this will turn out to be nothing like a retirement, but instead a kind of "readjustment" in his career. He isn't going to go out on a bang, he's going to slow down but it won't be a disappointing end, whenever the end does come.

Back
Top Bottom