Morrisseys "Riffs" with Other Musicians

Does Morrisseys dislike of other musicians (ie Bernard Sumner, Robert Smith) affect w

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • I only listen to Moz so it doesnt matter

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

[email protected]

Sugar Booger
Does Morrisseys dislike of other musicians (ie Bernard Sumner, Robert Smith) affect what you think of them?

"Does Morrisseys dislike of other musicians (ie Bernard Sumner, Robert Smith) affect what you think of them?" is the question.

I am a big Cure and New Order/Electronic fan so I for some silly reason it bugged me when Bernard Sumner made fun of Morrissey and his M is For Morrissey DVD and it also bugs me that Moz and Robert Smith have traded shots in the past. Just wondered if any Moz fans take it personal and discontinue listening to bands that insult Morrissey.

Last edited:
No, of course not

One of the reasons I like Morrissey so much is that he's always moaning about something and someone and always shooting his mouth off, apparently unfazed by the consequences. It's funny.

So it makes me laugh that he has this big beef with Robert Smith, but the fact is that I like The Cure. So...

One of my old penpals whose friend was a huge Cure fan and convinced her that Smiths was rubbish.
However, I sent a tape and she became a Smiths fan as well.
Most of Smiths fans also like Cure, but it seems not other way round.
I haven't read any interviews Morrissey slagged off Robert Smith and I have no idea why Robert hates him so much.:confused:

I've never got the impression that he's got a problem with Bernard or Robert Smith. Didn't Robert Smith start slagging Morrissey off first so he was asked about him? And he's never said anything much about either of them.

I think if you want to use examples there are much more obvious ones. Madonna, Britney, Bowie, Elton, Kylie. I think he regrets the Bowie one though.

One of my old penpals whose friend was a huge Cure fan and convinced her that Smiths was rubbish.
However, I sent a tape and she became a Smiths fan as well.
Most of Smiths fans also like Cure, but it seems not other way round.
I haven't read any interviews Morrissey slagged off Robert Smith and I have no idea why Robert hates him so much.:confused:

oh yeah, I've read interviews where Morrissey has made references to shooting Robert Smith as well as putting down his music. All very tongue in cheek, of course. ;)

Anyhow, I'm still a diehard Cure fan...so much so, I hunted down Robert Smith & met him (as well as the rest of the Cure) when he was here on tour. He was very sweet & friendly and very shy. :D

Last edited:
I think if you want to use examples there are much more obvious ones. Madonna, Britney, Bowie, Elton, Kylie. I think he regrets the Bowie one though.

..by the way, what's he had to say about Kylie? Never heard him mention her...

I love that Moz likes to run his mouth about these musicians he hates, but his personal opinions don't influnce my own.

Madonna, Britney, Elton, Kylie, Bowie ...etc all deserve to DIE, but I've always thought this before I even got into Moz.....also He is so right, 99% of new bands sound the same and are complete Sh*T!! this is my very own opinion as well.

About Robert Smith and Bernard Summer.......I'm a HUGE Cure fan and will continue to be regardless of what Moz says about Smith and vise versa. I was one of those Cure fans who later got into Smiths [we do exist] Bernard Summer is someone I dont' care much about on his own but I do love Joy Division and some New Order, so again Moz won't change any of this.

PS: I think Robert Smith is Jealous of Moz because #1 Moz Is hot and Rob is NOT [he's FAT] #2 Moz became a successful solo artist, something that Rob wasn't able to do....Rob is like Trent Reznor who are stuck with the band name forever. Still love you ROB!!!!.....call 1-800-GO-JENNY you'll feel better.

I answered no. I am a fan of the Cure, I like some new music (enough to know that all new bands don't sound the same - there are decent ones that stand out!) - I can't let somebody else form my opinions for me.

..by the way, what's he had to say about Kylie? Never heard him mention her...

Me neither but HAHA :D

I remember when one of the Gallaghers called her 'demonic'..? <333

nah. it's his opinion, i don't follow anyones words like a dogma, even sir morrissey. these three rivalry started when they were all in their 'bands' in the 80s. Do they really argue about each other in interviews nowadays, i don't know, as i don't read them. Always had this with pop muisc, still goes on. I find it all very boring (blur vs oasis, all them years ago):rolleyes:

Well, those are the obvious ones, but I felt I didnt have to mention them as I am hoping you dont listen to them to begin with. I'm hoping it doesnt take Morrisseys opinion for you to realize that they blow goats.

PS: I think Robert Smith is Jealous of Moz because #1 Moz Is hot and Rob is NOT [he's FAT]

Now that I look closely, is that a pic of Robert Smith after Moz punched him in the nose in your e-mail??? (no, I know of course that it is not, but thats pretty close to what it might look like)

Back
Top Bottom