Morrisseys Worst Lyrics...

"my love life"

"you're the one for me, fatty"

both of these are unspeakably bad (although the title of the latter is a phenomenon, in itself, i grant you!).

"the first of the gang to die"... in fact, almost everything on "you are the..." (except "irish blood, english heart") and "ringleader...".

Last edited:
not everybody! i for one have always been rather fond of it... especially the live version of it (as seen/heard on "live in dallas".) it's not his most profound song ever or anything, but it's witty and "cute" in a mozza kind of way.

I love King Leer. Apart from the lyrics, it's got the bouncy, '60s Italian pop sort of sound, which is joyful and adds ironically to the wistfulness of the words. (Kill Uncle as a whole is one of my favourite albums. It's got a very velvetty, night-time feeling to it.)

I love that song :D And it was the lyrics that made me listen to it again and again.
I love the song Maladjusted too!! I didn't at first, but eventually it became my favourite song on the album. of course, Trouble Loves Me is beautiful, but it's a classic Moz ballad; and Alma Matters is a classic Moz pop single. but Maladjusted is more unusual and interesting - and it's mainly because of the lyrics, but also because of the music that goes well with them IMO (while by itself the music wouldn't be anything special, probably would be rather monotoneous - here its monotony only strengthens a certain claustrophobic, ominous feeling). it's one of those Moz lyrics you just have to listen again and again and try to figure out - one of those songs where you really don't know who is talking and who is (s)he talking to - halfway through he seems to adopt a female persona, and it even seems like he might be switching from one person's narrative to another... (no, I am not sure about any of this - the mystery is really what makes it interesting for me). and the last lines, the way he sings them, are something I can't easily get out of my head... there's something ominous about them. He even seems to sing the last line in a different voice than the previous ones, don't you think so? Makes you think if he's singing from the same POV all the time, or two of them?

"Maladjusted... maladjusted...maladjusted...maladjusted...
never to be trusted, never to be trusted...

there's nothing wrong with you, there's nothing wrong with you..."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom