Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck Dynasty

Posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page:

"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, February 26. However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of Duck Dynasty will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if Duck Dynasty were removed."

UPDATE 9:00 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link to the press statement on true-to-you.net now, with the additional text:

Morrissey stated, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump Duck Dynasty then we must step away."

UPDATE 5:05PM PT:

The Jimmy Kimmel Live page is listing "Churchill" as the musical guest on the 26th along with guests Terrence Howard and the Duck Dynasty family.

Show info from the Duck Dynasty page on A&E:

A&E's most-watched series, Duck Dynasty, is back for a third season. The show features a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle.

...Some of what's to come this season on Duck Dynasty: Willie tries to lose weight for his high school reunion, Jase and Willie take Missy and Korie deer hunting, the guys rough it in the woods for opening day of duck season, and Si looks for a canine companion.

duckdynasty.jpg

UPDATE Feb. 26, 6:30PM PT:

DavidMich posts:

Duck Dynasty responded on Larry King by saying, "Who is Morrissey?" They were actually very nice and civil about it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/460949

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

Error has been fixed now, you may need to reload the page to see the updated version.

I've emailed the editor of Yahoo! TV to fix this error.

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

Look, there's no easy way of saying this, but f*** off. And good riddance.

P.

Now I see why this site has devolved into SoLow. If this is the civility of a site "moderator", no wonder the venom continues with the rest of the asylum inmates.

It is a shame you have to wade through this kind of crap in order to get to the occasional worthwhile and insightful comment.

Re:

Now I see why this site has devolved into SoLow. If this is the civility of a site "moderator", no wonder the venom continues with the rest of the asylum inmates.

It is a shame you have to wade through this kind of crap in order to get to the occasional worthwhile and insightful comment.

Clearly you didn't read this thread

Don't musical acts often perform on a night other than when they will be shown and then repackaged? Didn't Moz do two songs a few years back on Conan (or something) and they showed one song in one show and the other song weeks or months later? Couldn't he just tape the song and then have them put it on when they are having "acceptable" other guests?

No, on Kimmel the band plays right after the guests are interviewed. There would be 100% chance they would have to be around each other.

I think Morrissey has high principles, as did Pol Pot, of course, but regarding Question Time, a show now merely a shadow of its former self by the way, he just isn't up to it in my opinion. He's never been known as a raconteur, and although he can be amusing on the page or on record, both of those mediums are usually eminently controllable, NME twats notwithstanding. Too often on TV or radio he comes across as nervous, stilted, with varying degrees of obnoxiousness. I'm not sure how well he could expand upon or defend his initial debating position. He'd be a disaster on a show like Question Time.

In print he usually comes across well, but I can only think of two broadcast interviews where he has done himself justice, or to be more accurate matched the media image he portrays. The South Bank Show from 1987 is one, and his Desert Island Discs appearance circa 2009 is the other. I can think of plenty more where I couldn't watch because it was such a car crash. Ross, Colbert, etc.

I understand your view Johnny BUT 'In print, South Bank and Desert Discs' are not shooting from the hip are they ! They are NOT live shows or interviews, they get cut, cropped and spliced . And he gets to benefit in the end and look clever.
But put him on 'Question Time' with a clever pier panel/live audience and he's gonna get ripped to bits isn't he ?
So he is'nt the mouth piece he likes to think he is is he ? So he must learn to take all the flak he is getting at present or grow a pair of balls and start FIGHTING back ffs how old is he ?
From the hip live or shut the f*** up Morrissey your acting like a kid throwin your dolly out the pram!!!

And Johnny Barleycorn I thankyou for your reply to my simple facts its a shame others have nothing clever to reply (I must have touched a nerve) Thanks again Johnny B

Manchester Still Nothing to Answer For

Anne Coates

Re:

Clearly you didn't read this thread

I don't think this site or the owner come out very well in that thread at all! - have you actually read it? I am suprised you'd want those exposed lies dragged up again for all to see.

I think i come across on this site far better than you.

Re:

I don't think this site or the owner come out very well in that thread at all! - have you actually read it? I am suprised you'd want those exposed lies dragged up again for all to see.

I think i come across on this site far better than you.

You are clearly delusional.

Re:

I am Morrisey fan - sorry have i come to the wrong place? and why do you come here?

I come here because I want to be involved, and I am, but it seems you don't, hence my question.
From what you said it sounds like the wrong place for you? You have just made a few extremely scathing remarks about the site, which is why I asked

Would you consider Smiler to be the bearer of said worthwhile and insightful comments?

If you have even a cursory knowledge of what smiler does, you'd have no problem with a moderator telling him to f*** off. Repeatedly this half-wit turd shows up here at random, argues against the site with little or no catalyst for doing so, refuses to listen to reason or display anything resembling the ability for logical thought or cohesive argument structure, spells out his inane objections like a retarded five year old, and disparages the site vehemently while he extolls the virtues of allyouneedismorrisey.com.

The guy is a joke, he's obnoxious and boring, you can't argue with him because he's too dense to understand ANYTHING. Short of kicking him off the site for bannable actions (which I truly believe he's too dumb to even know how properly commit), there is no way to respond to him EXCEPT to tell him to f*** off, and laugh at him.

As for the asylum inmates comment, that's a pretty shitty thing of you to say, and I know you are not a shitty person. It's not even an insult you came up with on your own. You're an innocuous, longtime member here, you mind your own business, you rarely engage in these discussions, you're a genuine Morrissey fan and you keep to yourself. All of that is well and good.

But don't mime someone else's lame insult of a place that you CHOOSE to have a membership in yourself. If you feel that the majority of the content here is biased against Morrissey, you have no obligation to chime in or even read it. You can get the bare-bones facts of Moz news multiple other places. If you choose to go beyond that by jumping in what you see as a cesspool and having a swim yourself, at least have a little respect for the fact that you are allowed to do so with very little censorship or policing.

You have to admit, there's an irony in an inmate running around the mental ward saying how everyone there is crazy. At least the originator of the comment isn't an actual member here, like you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Would you consider Smiler to be the bearer of said worthwhile and insightful comments?

If you have even a cursory knowledge of what smiler does, you'd have no problem with a moderator telling him to f*** off. Repeatedly this half-wit turd shows up here at random, argues against the site with little or no catalyst for doing so, refuses to listen to reason or display anything resembling the ability for logical thought or cohesive argument structure, spells out his inane objections like a retarded five year old, and disparages the site vehemently while he extolls the virtues of allyouneedismorrisey.com.

The guy is a joke, he's obnoxious and boring, you can't argue with him because he's too dense to understand ANYTHING. Short of kicking him off the site for bannable actions (which I truly believe he's too dumb to even know how properly commit), there is no way to respond to him EXCEPT to tell him to f*** off, and laugh at him.

As for the asylum inmates comment, that's a pretty shitty thing of you to say, and I know you are not a shitty person. It's not even an insult you came up with on your own. You're an innocuous, longtime member here, you mind your own business, you rarely engage in these discussions, you're a genuine Morrissey fan and you keep to yourself. All of that is well and good.

But don't mime someone else's lame insult of a place that you CHOOSE to have a membership in yourself. If you feel that the majority of the content here is biased against Morrissey, you have no obligation to chime in or even read it. You can get the bare-bones facts of Moz news multiple other places. If you choose to go beyond that by jumping in what you see as a cesspool and having a swim yourself, at least have a little respect for the fact that you are allowed to do so with very little censorship or policing.

You have to admit, there's an irony in an inmate running around the mental ward saying how everyone there is crazy. At least the originator of the comment isn't an actual member here, like you are.

It's not quite that black and white. I never swear at people, and I never will, so all moderators don't necessarily have to speak that way. I have responded with questions relevant to the points they made in the posts earlier, and haven't received any direct answers. I think that can prove a point more than using the F-word sometimes

It's not quite that black and white. I never swear at people, and I never will, so all moderators don't necessarily have to speak that way. I have responded with questions relevant to the points they made in the posts earlier, and haven't received any direct answers. I think that can prove a point more than using the F-word sometimes

Early dealings with smiler were always met by the mods with more than a modicum of politeness and restraint. It got to a point where smiler was blatantly and relentlessly talking advantage of their patience and proving incapable of anything resembling courtesy, logic, or rational debate. There is no other way to deal with him other than telling him to f*** off. The guy is a nuisance and offers this place nothing but headaches. He isn't even a mildly amusing, original troll, like Brummie. He's just a sad, annoying bastard.

Early dealings with smiler were always met by the mods with more than a modicum of politeness and restraint. It got to a point where smiler was blatantly and relentlessly talking advantage of their patience and proving incapable of anything resembling courtesy, logic, or rational debate. There is no other way to deal with him other than telling him to f*** off. The guy is a nuisance and offers this place nothing but headaches. He isn't even a mildly amusing, original troll, like Brummie. He's just a sad, annoying bastard.

I have no intention of telling him to F-off. There are many users who push boundaries, but I'm always civil to people no matter how they behave. I think there are always other ways to deal with people other than telling them to F-off, and there are site functions in place which are there for that reason. I just don't work that way. I don't think it's a civil or dignified way to behave

Duck Dynasty responded on Larry King by saying, "Who is Morrissey?" They were actually very nice and civil about it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/460949

Good find.
People on here have called the DD folks "grody", "the lowest form of human beings", "white trash", "dumbass family", "fat meat chokers" but if you watch that clip they show that they have more class than Morrissey and the respect Morrissey's decision and wish him nothing but love.
"...whoever the guy is, I love him, he's my neighbor..."

PS I thought Larry King was dead.

Tags
kimmel morrissey
Back
Top Bottom