Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control, Depression, Obesit

morrissey sides with morrissey.... pitchfork are running with moz's recent comments about last nights show

Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control, Depression, Obesity - Pitchfork

Excerpt:

Morrissey has now issued the following statement in response to Kimmel:

'I was disappointed with last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Show wherein our smiling host managed to ridicule depression (70% of Americans suffer from depression according to the National Institute of Mental Health). He then found time to ridicule healthy eating (the obesity epidemic in the U.S. costs $147 billion per year in medical expenditure), and he also ridiculed the notion that animals should be entitled to the possession of their own lives. Furthermore, he found time to jokingly promote gun-ownership - hugely amusing for the parents at Sandy Hook, no doubt. He also promoted his special guests Duck Dynasty – who kill beings for fun. None of the above issues are, of course, as important as Jimmy Kimmel himself, who has finally revealed his show to have an overwhelming loss of meaning. Tune in and relive the intellectual fog of the 1950s.'

UPDATE Feb. 28, 12:30 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted the response on Jimmy Kimmel's Twitter with a link to the cover of You Are The Quarry:

@jimmykimmel - 2:50 PM - Feb 27, 2013

note to Morrissey - if you have more dumb statements to make, I invite you to make them where I do, on my show http://pic.twitter.com/6QOc5uV4O7

kimmel_tweet_20130227.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control,

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Hey smiler...remember that time we did sexytiems in the chat? Does AYNIM have one of those over there? Oh wait, you're apparently posting here now. My bad.

Re: Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control,

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Nothing wrong with disagree with Morrissey.

Keep blindly worshiping your favorite singer, silly child.

Hey smiler...remember that time we did sexytiems in the chat? Does AYNIM have one of those over there? Oh wait, you're apparently posting here now. My bad.

my chat days are over but how could i forget

Go Moz. I love how Moz doesn't mince words. Is he in San Diego now? I wanted to go hang out with him at an Irish pub that has vegan spring rolls, but I figured he'd be too busy posting messages online.

Love him or loath him, he is hugely funny! And he always stays true to himself and morals unlike alot of popstars/idols etc.
I kind of agree with him on the gun comment, bit inappropriate.
I have never seen this show as I'm from the UK but he sounds a little weird (Jimmy I mean)

I think that's a great idea. Ellen is much cooler since becoming vegan. (You know she became vegan AFTER purchasing animals for slaughter and realizing how WRONG that was.)

I wonder if Ellen will invite him on her show? She's also an animal advocate.

Bravo! Here's a good idea. Moz should be a guest on a show with Bachelor winner Catherine Giudici. She's a vegan food blogger who "loves the beef" (A.K.A. meat eating bachelor Sean Lowe.)

Mozza's remarks well completely appropriate, particularly in view of the Sandy Hook tragedy. It is clearly far too easy to acquire firearms in the US. I don't blame him for not wanting to wait backstage next to people who think its fun to take the life of another living creature. When future generations judge our time they will look upon it with horror as one in which human beings thought it perfectly acceptable to torture living creatures who had no way of defending themselves. Well done to Morrissey for standing up for his beliefs- if only younger generations in the music industry would follow his lead!

I think that's a great idea. Ellen is much cooler since becoming vegan. (You know she became vegan AFTER purchasing animals for slaughter and realizing how WRONG that was.)

I would love to see Moz on Ellen, but I'm think he may be a bit "much" for her audience.:squiffy:

This response from Morrissey was disappointing.:( I don't think Jimmy said anything terribly offensive about Moz. Has Morrissey ever seen late night TV?? This is what they do! I thought it was pretty funny, especially the spoof video. I don't believe any response from Moz was needed at all.

And I supported him canceling his appearance based on moral beliefs! But then too I wished he hadn't set up an ultimatum and just bowed out gracefully.

I would love to see Moz on Ellen, but I'm think he may be a bit "much" for her audience.:squiffy:

I think he called her Ellen Degenerate once when he asked the crowd in Chicago or somewhere midwest if he should go on her show. I presume he was invited once. Her crowd is a tad...dancey.

I think he called her Ellen Degenerate once when he asked the crowd in Chicago or somewhere midwest if he should go on her show. I presume he was invited once. Her crowd is a tad...dancey.

Hahaha....Morrissey dancing with Ellen....I'd HAVE to be in that studio audience:lbf:

Love him or loath him, he is hugely funny! And he always stays true to himself and morals unlike alot of popstars/idols etc.
I kind of agree with him on the gun comment, bit inappropriate.
I have never seen this show as I'm from the UK but he sounds a little weird (Jimmy I mean)

He certainly is very amusing. Personally I'm laughing with him but most residents here seem to be laughing at him... Or as The Would-Bes (nearly)sang all those years ago:
"So far it's been funny ha ha, so far it's been funny peculiar"

my chat days are over but how could i forget

Did she send you a picture of her boobs? :cool:

Kimmel might as well have gone all the way,
And poke fun of MOZZAS infamously
Canceling reputation. I think this could
Have prevented by asking kimmel
who would the Other guest be before booking
It

Mozza's remarks well completely appropriate, particularly in view of the Sandy Hook tragedy. It is clearly far too easy to acquire firearms in the US. I don't blame him for not wanting to wait backstage next to people who think its fun to take the life of another living creature. When future generations judge our time they will look upon it with horror as one in which human beings thought it perfectly acceptable to torture living creatures who had no way of defending themselves. Well done to Morrissey for standing up for his beliefs- if only younger generations in the music industry would follow his lead!

Sounds like another excuse to cancel!
This is why you shouldn't cancel shows
So often ! People will stop believing you.
Mozza should have instructed his people
To assure no guest like duck dynasty
Are booked the same day. It's unprofessional
And unfair to his fans that go out
Of their way for his appearance.

Moz has wished violent death on more than a few (Elton John, Johnny Rogan etc.) was he promoting be-heading and bus crashes? Kimmel said he respected Morrissey's views, then took a couple polite jabs which in the late night world were powder puffy. Disappointed Moz couldn't take a couple small lumps as he's shot his mouth off more than a few times himself...

Like Jimmy said is morrissey going to boycot every show
That runs an Outback Steakhouse advert too? Get over it Moz,
Do your little song on the television and stop taking your self so
Seriously. You haven't been relevant in almost 20 yrs

Moz has wished violent death on more than a few (Elton John, Johnny Rogan etc.) was he promoting be-heading and bus crashes? Kimmel said he respected Morrissey's views, then took a couple polite jabs which in the late night world were powder puffy. Disappointed Moz couldn't take a couple small lumps as he's shot his mouth off more than a few times himself...

There's a colossal difference between tongue-in-cheek hyperbole and actual real-life slaughter. But I appreciate that such subtleties don't suit the anti-Moz vendetta relentlessly pursued by this one big troll of a website.

Morrissey is not part of the music industry. Nobody wants him. Nobody loves us.

All hail the 'too stupid to get the point' party. I'm proud to be amongst their number.

P.

It's a pretty simple point that people make all time. It's essentially that we live in violent world which we largely turn a blind eye to, but then get upset about other kinds of violences. It is similar to people who brought up the point that while Obama was rightfully very saddened by the Sandy Hook children, he doesn't seem very remorseful about killing children in Pakistan, Yemen, etc. with his drone strikes or that while Americans were rightfully horrified by 9/11 they don't seem to mind that their government routinely inflicts similar violence on people elsewhere in the world.

Of course, I am assuming you are omnivore and therefore don't equate human lives with the lives of non-human animals. I am not going to belabor the point or say that you are even necessarily wrong. I am going to point out that Morrissey in his mind does equate the two, so he's clearly not trying to be offensive or denigrate or mock the victims in Norway. So regardless of your opinion on animal rights I don't really see the need to join the yellow corporate press in flagellating Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom