Liverpool, one week on feelings

Some people have mentioned the financial responsibility of the Liverpool gig. I can only see it falling on Morrissey, as he was on stage for five minutes and was not injured. Surely he will have to foot the bill for abandoning a gig?

The truth is that Morrissey wont refund people for hotels and travel and inconvenience of time booked off work and relatives giving lifts etc etc.... The night has gone and so has the cash spent which can't be reimbursed. This actually affects peoples lives. Working class people more than anyone else. The more I consider his actions the more I disagree with his choice. And the fact he has fallen silent since. Which part of him would it hurt to make some kind of explanation to the 10,000 genuine fans?

I can smile about it now, but at the time it was terrible........:rolleyes:

I'm very surprised there's been no statement. seems to smack of indifference which for fans is ill deserved. After approximately 25 years of love for the man and his music, I'm becoming surprisingly ambivalent about the whole thing. Reschedule ? only if it can be on a weekend please - a 500 mile round trip, hotels etc is one thing but taking days off work is quite another. Does he have any idea the havoc the whole debacle has caused in some of our lives ?. Mr Monkeygodess accompanied me reluctantly, thought the whole incident was hilarious (turned round to watch him laughing and clapping at the precise moment :mad:) - yet has moaned ever since what a complete waste of time and money the whole event was, and we are barely on speaking terms as a result !.

I can smile about it now, but at the time it was terrible........:rolleyes:

I'm very surprised there's been no statement. seems to smack of indifference which for fans is ill deserved. After approximately 25 years of love for the man and his music, I'm becoming surprisingly ambivalent about the whole thing. Reschedule ? only if it can be on a weekend please - a 500 mile round trip, hotels etc is one thing but taking days off work is quite another. Does he have any idea the havoc the whole debacle has caused in some of our lives ?. Mr Monkeygodess accompanied me reluctantly, thought the whole incident was hilarious (turned round to watch him laughing and clapping at the precise moment :mad:) - yet has moaned ever since what a complete waste of time and money the whole event was, and we are barely on speaking terms as a result !.

I sympathise. I travelled less than 100 miles but many travelled much further only to be kicked in the teeth. A reschedule will be surreal, I doubt it will happen anyway. The arena half empty due to ticket (dis)organisation. How could it ever really go ahead?

No need for posting another thread.

Not true

Week has passed....emotions have changed

True

... Its such a difficult one. I think the debate may well never reach a conclusion.

I do believe the main thing is, there willl be a sense of tension for many at each gig as to whether we will be able to see through a whole set.

At one time it was just the case that he may be ill and cancell before hand .. now it seems to be the case that even when he is on the stage itself, singing away, it's still not a gurantee that we will get the whole set.

For me, im still gonna go and buy tickets to see him, but im not gonna be particuarly at ease till the gig is over. Maybe a bit crap and lack-trustworthy on my part .. but it's the way it is for me...

shame, but the way it is.

Last edited:
How very unlike Scousers to pick and pick and pick at an old wound. :rolleyes:
Can we expect this every Saturday night from here on in until they win the league (i.e never), to re-live that fateful night when, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah...
Shit happens, especially when yer a Morrissey fan. Get over it.

Can we expect this every Saturday night from here on in until they win the league (i.e never), to re-live that fateful night when, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah...

I'd bet that the majority of people in this thread are not even scousers. Was the person who started the thread? So get your facts straight.

tit:straightface:

The only people footing the bill at the moment are the let down fans as there has been no refund made (As yet) and No new date announced (As yet). The longer this shambles goes on the less likely a positive outcome

still 100% behind moz on walking off, though by now some announcement regarding either refund or rescedule should of been made.

The only people footing the bill at the moment are the let down fans as there has been no refund made (As yet) and No new date announced (As yet). The longer this shambles goes on the less likely a positive outcome

There's a lot of money at stake here. If you multiply the attendance numbers by the ticket cost it comes to well over a quarter of a million pounds. That's a pretty big amount to write-off, whoever foots the bill. I can only assume that's why there's a delay in confirming the outcome of this, refund or reschedule. Very much doubt Morrissey is eager to return to the stage he left under the circumstances, but the management and organisers must be sweating over the financial loss.

Wanker.

Tags
bluebirds=right morrizsey=right
Back
Top Bottom