I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now

MozIsGod

Hi guys,

I was listening to "Ringleader..." the other day and I always found myself repeating 'I'll Never Be...'. What do you guys think of this song? I think that the musical arrangement is fabulous and the lyrics amazing. I've often seen it get quite a bashing on the main page.

In my ever so 'umble opinion, it's the best song on the album. I think the extended use of falsetto is a big factor in it's success also as well as the things you mention.

It's about Superman, Christifer Reeve?

Uhh, no, I think that it's about being with someone who really loves you, who makes you feel importnat even though you don't really get along with the rest of the world, and then you lose him or her forever, and you understand that you'll never be, you'll never be...

Hi guys,

I was listening to "Ringleader..." the other day and I always found myself repeating 'I'll Never Be...'. What do you guys think of this song? I think that the musical arrangement is fabulous and the lyrics amazing. I've often seen it get quite a bashing on the main page.

Clearly this track is a tie for best song on the album with Life is a Pigsty. I absolutely adore it - the lyrics, the passionate, woeful voice with which Moz sings it - it really is beautiful. Besides, who could go past a song with the lyric "my one true love is under the ground"? Pure brilliance.

I love this song, the music is beautiful and great, and the song is very sad but happy, I can't help thinking he's talking to himself, but then at himself, I do love this track, but I have some other tracks on the album that rank above or the same. My favourite part in the song, is the last minuite and a half, its wonderful.

Along with Life is a Pigsty, it's my favourite song on the album. They are the only two truly great songs on ROTT. In all fairness a lot of the reviewers singled out this song as a highlight.
It has three really strong melodies (the verse, bridge and chorus) and a lovely tinkling piano in the middle eight. Well done Moz!
But also, well done Alain who wrote the music. Alain's done really well on the the last two album sessions (Quarry and ROTT); he's come up with some wonderful melodies and really diverse styles. Let's hope he's brought back on board for the next album (if there is to be one).
Maurice

Hi guys,

Hmm...

Initially this song did nothing for me. I just didn't think it was any good at all. However! When it began to be played live during the tour the band did such a great job I found myself paying more attention to it when listening to the album and I now think it's a very solid song, if not spectatular. I disagree completely with those who say it's a highlight of the album, but each to their own. It is though certianly a good song. A proper 'grower'.

It starts off pretty much identical to I Am Two People which puts me off a lot, and goes along reasonably nicely, but after the "See me as I..." bit I feel the song finally comes to life and from then on to the end it's marvellous. It's a shame it takes a while to get there ;)

When I first heard it, I actually didn't think I was going to be able to hold on to get to the end. :\ But it's grown to the point where I can listen to it without cringing, but I would def. not call it one of the better songs... *Ducks to avoid punches :p *

what I love about the song is the range he displays with his voice....in the refrain alone he jumps at least an octave. I can't recall off hand where you hear his falsetto and his basso in the same measure!

what I love about the song is the range he displays with his voice....in the refrain alone he jumps at least an octave. I can't recall off hand where you hear his falsetto and his basso in the same measure!

I hear that.

I also love the contrast between the soaring "look what I can do!" quality of the vocal and the very bleak lyrics. To me, though the lyric's beautiful, the melody is the real point - it encourages and consoles, and offers up the idea that art is consolation if you find you must live this kind of life (and segues really well into the next two songs, which deal with that more explicitly).

Back
Top Bottom