Do you like "I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now" ??

Do you like "I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now" ??

• Yes

Votes: 68 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • it's OK

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/pollBooth.pl?qid=300&aid=-1

It only got 3% of the vote on this poll. I think it's the most underrated track on ROTT and superior in every way to "Work of Art."

LesRock2.jpg

I also think it's far superior to Work of art, but it is still just average - at best

I actually prefer Work Of Art, I especially like the outro where the band have a nice go together. ROTT's Let Me Kiss You for me.

I think it's the greatest song on the album. I love the way it builds to a great cry of falsetto crooning despair and intensity. We will never hear it live, unfortunately. It's the "Camden" of "Ringleader".

I think it's one of those songs that gets looked over. Sort of a hidden gem. It doesn't really fit the rest of the album though. Actually it could've been a b-side. Especially the ending verse of the song is brilliant. Overall I think it's far better than "work of art"

~El Boydelz~ said:
I actually prefer Work Of Art, I especially like the outro where the band have a nice go together. ROTT's Let Me Kiss You for me.
"the band have a nice go together", delightful language like that makes me smile!

I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it ... and the song's ok too.

I think after 'In The Future When All's Well' this is my next favourite track on the album! It's just a perfect pop song with perfect lyrics.

My favourite part's the chorus...love it when he sings that low part ^_^.

EDIT: And yes, the ending too. I adore the falsetto; so glad he's using it again!

Last edited:
I like it's outro with Moz going a lot higher, but it's still by far the worst song on ROTT .. but also better than 97.8% of what's out there by other artists so :p

At first I wrote it off, but it is a good track. I still like "Work of Art" and "On The Streets I Ran" better...

The old poll for best track was all Pigsty, with a little Dear God at a distant second...I wonder if this would change if you asked, say, in a year from now?

My favorite changed!

It took a while to grow on me. Now I absolutely love it. The ending is very beautiful...

I think it's very beautiful and poignant. It also makes me laugh because it makes a mockery of all those "this is Morrissey happy and in love" critiques of the album. Did all the critics skip this one (and Life is a Pigsty)?

Back
Top Bottom