Dog Torturer & Murderer Mike Vick signs with Philadelphia Eagles.

I like dogs, lets get that straight from the outset.

Michael Vick killed some dogs in a very bad way - he was convicted in court and sent to jail for this crime. He served a length of time that some people who rape and abuse kids wouldn't suffer.

He has paid his dues, and he now has the right to go back to work.

The real problem here is that people are pissed off that he can go back to earning a fortune again

'How dare he!! I work hard, I pay taxes, I DON'T break the law, I'm not an animal! Yet this bastard is gonna live the high life again'

People need to get over it. Flax has a point here in some respects, MANY, not all, but a vast majority of people wouldn't give two shits if it was a duck fighting ring he was involved in.

There is a hypocrisy at work, because it is a domesticated pet involved (same had it been cats)

For me, bottom line, the man has served time in prison for his crimes. He now deserves the opportunity to move on with his life, which for him is NFL.

Michael Vick killed some dogs in a very bad way - he was convicted in court and sent to jail for this crime. He served a length of time that some people who rape and abuse kids wouldn't suffer.

The real problem here is that people are pissed off that he can go back to earning a fortune again

'How dare he!! I work hard, I pay taxes, I DON'T break the law, I'm not an animal! Yet this bastard is gonna live the high life again'

People need to get over it. Flax has a point here in some respects, MANY, not all, but a vast majority of people wouldn't give two shits if it was a duck fighting ring he was involved in.

There is a hypocrisy at work, because it is a domesticated pet involved (same had it been cats)

For me, bottom line, the man has served time in prison for his crimes. He now deserves the opportunity to move on with his life, which for him is NFL.

The fact that he will earn so much is a huge part of it, but I don't see the problem with that. I don't buy that "served his time" crap. If someone does something as horrible as torturing and killing just for the fun of it, that person doesn't EVER deserve to move on with his life, especially if his life involves being paid millions of dollars to throw a ball around. He's a beast and I wish him nothing but misery for the rest of his life.

Well...I can't really see how he could have paid his dues...People who kill, especially if it's animals or children, should be locked up for the rest of their lives.
May I ask what he did to those dogs in particular? Did he torture them for his own amusement, because he's a sadistic bastard? If so...he should never be allowed to see the light of day again, not to speak of making millions as a soccer player. Just my opinion.

Edit: Or is he a football player?! American football, I mean?! Who cares, that bloody bastard is gonna burn in hell!

Last edited:
May I ask what he did to those dogs in particular?

Edit: Or is he a football player?! American football, I mean?! Who cares, that bloody bastard is gonna burn in hell!

yep. american football.

he was part of a dog fighting ring who would torture and kill dogs who didn't meet their standards.

Yes. Sorry... I was being silly with my "soccer" comment.

Yes. He was involved in dog fighting... Which is worse than it sounds. He also personally tortured puppies and dogs and he killed them by swinging them and bashing their brains out, among other gruesome things. Gleefully and repeatedly.

Is there really a comparison between non vegetarians and Micheal Vick? Really? REALLY?

Two totally different topics.
One is about people who feel the need to eat meat to sustain living conditions and the other is about a person that BRUTALLY F**KING TORTUED AND MURDERED ANIMALS and he didn't eat them at the end.

Most people are raised to eat meat.
Most people aren't raised to drown pitbills for no goddamn reason.

That's my 2 cents and I'm not coming back to this thread again because I am disgusted AND that's alot to say coming from a vegetarian herself.

ugh, just ugh....

poor dogs:tears:

Thanks yesitis and Scarlett Ibis for the info. :)

He is absolutely despicable. He is one of these people who don't deserve to live. No matter if he changed, paid his dues, regrets what he did...someone who at any point of his life is able to do such things must be evil at the core. Lock him up, so he can never harm anyone again.

And I don't think there it is possible to compare animals abusers to meat eaters. It is true that meat eaters support a cruel and inhumane industry, but the person who purchases meat doesn't kill or torture with his/her own hands, and does it to eat the meat at the end, not just to torture. People who torture animals are perverted and rotten, meat eaters mostly just don't think.
I am not defending meat eaters, I am a vegetarian and thus are my opinions. But I see a difference.

Everytime I hear about cases of animal cruelty i have to cry...I cannot understand how anyone can be able to hurt those loveable creatures...it's such a cruel world :tears:

Before I rant :), I'm not saying ALL people are hypocrites....

Of COURSE there is a comparison between meat eaters and Vick. I am a meat eater and I would never do these things personally to an animal.

That said, I am participating in, and by buying products, condoning the PREMATURE end of an animals life, no matter how humanely done, in order to eat them!!

I am every bit as vile as Vick, just because I don't get a kick out of it, doesn't mean I am not complicit with animal cruelty.

Pramturely ending an animals existence, is wrong, no matter whether its at the barbaric hands of Vick and his merciless gang, or at the hands of a stun gun/cleaver, blah blah blah.

On a sidenote, he won't burn in hell, as such a place doesn't exist.

I honestly think that he's been treated with utter hypocrisy.

So what? He tortured dogs. And all of those who are crucifying him have no problem going to the supermarket and supporting the industry that tortures millions of animals every single day.

It's ridiculous to see people feeling so good about themselves for being disgusted with what he did while they chew on coagulated, deep-fat-fried blood of animals that choked in their own vomit.

I agree with you, Flax. At the end of the day, he did something horrible, paid his dues and he didn't buy his way out of jail like countless other celebs/athletes.

He must be a phenomenal athelete, don't know why they'd take the possible PR hit otherwise.
That's the thing, he really is a phenomenal athlete, and they needed an insurance policy since the backup QB got hurt during practice. It's possibly bad PR, but it's already Philadelphia - the city's reputation can't get much worse, IMO.

truer words on the topic haven't been uttered, IMO

What is the Philedelphia Eagles?:straightface:

Jukebox Jury

*sigh* They are nothing but a disapointment year in and year out, but this time it's just over the top.

Philaelphia teams in general have a tendency to obtain players that are not considered the best of the best, as to not pay those kinds of salaries. That's why Philadelphia teams (besides the 08' Phillies, Woot!) never win titles.

I think the move to sign Vick was the lowest of the low. I thought signing TO was bad...holy hell this is worse. Bad for business and bad for this city. The people of Philadelphia are all very sad by this news and from what local media has been saying so far, nobody really thinks he should be playing for the NFL anymore anyway. But it looks like our terrible pro sports managment has struck again. :doh:

He must be a phenomenal athelete, don't know why they'd take the possible PR hit otherwise.

nah, no bad PR will result here in philly. this is the town that glorifies a corpse selling sandwich shop that has a sign that reads this is america order in english. so a dog killing over paid athlete is no big deal.

come nuclear bomb, come...

nah, no bad PR will result here in philly. this is the town that glorifies a corpse selling sandwich shop that has a sign that reads this is america order in english. so a dog killing over paid athlete is no big deal.

come nuclear bomb, come...

What?! In my opinion are all places that sell meat "corpse selling"...but what kind of place is that you mentioned? :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom