Morrissey Central "YOU KNOW I COULDN’T LAST" (July 26, 2023)

“She had only so much ‘self’ to give. She was dropped by her label after selling 7 million albums for them. She became crazed, yes, but uninteresting, never. She had done nothing wrong. She had proud vulnerability … and there is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well), and they are never praised until death - when, finally, they can’t answer back. The cruel playpen of fame gushes with praise for Sinead today … with the usual moronic labels of “icon” and “legend”. You praise her now ONLY because it is too late. You hadn’t the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you. The press will label artists as pests because of what they withhold … and they would call Sinead sad, fat, shocking, insane … oh but not today! Music CEOs who had put on their most charming smile as they refused her for their roster are queuing-up to call her a “feminist icon”, and 15 minute celebrities and goblins from hell and record labels of artificially aroused diversity are squeezing onto Twitter to twitter their jibber-jabber … when it was YOU who talked Sinead into giving up … because she refused to be labelled, and she was degraded, as those few who move the world are always degraded. Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O’Connor is dead? Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead’s life? No, it wasn’t. She was a challenge, and she couldn’t be boxed-up, and she had the courage to speak when everyone else stayed safely silent. She was harassed simply for being herself. Her eyes finally closed in search of a soul she could call her own. As always, the lamestreamers miss the ringing point, and with locked jaws they return to the insultingly stupid “icon” and “legend” when last week words far more cruel and dismissive would have done. Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”

MORRISSEY
26 July, 2023.

full

Related thread:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Dr. Phil can be cheesy, but he did try to help her after that hotel incident in NJ, he got her into inpatient treatment and said he would not give up on her, I don't know what happened after that. I think he did a show with her from the facility. I saw some of it. She talked about her mother and the horriffc abuse and said that God was kind to her mother when he took her (car accident) so she (her monther) did not have to suffer anymore. Sinead had forgiven her mother. She seemed to view death as a positive, she kept saying she couldn't wait to die and see her mother again, her belief in God and the afterlife was very strong. Some people are not meant for this world; they are too wise, too smart, too precient and life just destroys them. I think that was Sinead. These people go mad sometimes because they just know and see to much that other people don't know and see. I still can't believe her unbelievable act of courage in going up against the pope and letting everyone know about the abuse. I never understood why she did not get credit for that. I never understood why what she did was 'wrong'. Had we all listened, I wonder what would have been different, how many children would have been saved. I actually believed her then, I am not sure why.

Morrissey refers to ... himself in the second sentence. It speaks for itself . It is an ocean of frustration and hypocrisy. Two examples: if he hates the music industry so much, why does he still want to be a part of it so badly. 'Cause he wants to be, doesn't he? second one : what did he do or even say to draw attention to Sinead's life situation before her death ? Maybe he did, enlighten me please .
I don't think Morrissey's support for her would have saved her life, but it's always something when you're supported by a legend and an Icon (Fiona's favorite words) as Morrissey is . I don't catch it. Not this time . Sorry .

It's not easy to venerate somebody who's so self-destructive and the "where were you when she needed you" tone of Morrissey's rant appears aimless (he himself calls her "crazed" near the beginning of it). Her devoted fans were right there when she needed them and any other people who disapproved of how she conducted herself weren't obliged to be anywhere in particular.
I certainly didn't follow her closely, but it was clear a few years ago when she had a very public meltdown and was posting daily suicide threats on Twitter that she was suffering from major mental health problems. Her family were trying to help her, her fans were there for her, but there comes a point when someone is so mentally ill that they are essentially beyond help. I'm not sure what practical help record companies and the media could have offered. It's sad, but having come up against the frustration of trying (and failing) to help a loved one with mental illness, sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Morrissey refers to ... himself in the second sentence. It speaks for itself . It is an ocean of frustration and hypocrisy. Two examples: if he hates the music industry so much, why does he still want to be a part of it so badly. 'Cause he wants to be, doesn't he? second one : what did he do or even say to draw attention to Sinead's life situation before her death ? Maybe he did, enlighten me please .
I don't think Morrissey's support for her would have saved her life, but it's always something when you're supported by a legend and an Icon (Fiona's favorite words) as Morrissey is . I don't catch it. Not this time . Sorry .
I 100% agree, this is about him and only him. And if he ever did anything for her, he'd be screaming it all over cyberspace.

No..YOU are the embarassing one Tapia. The truth hurts.
He really can’t help it, can he?
“She had proud vulnerability … and there is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well), and they are never praised until death - when, finally, they can’t answer back”
f***ing embarrassing.

Very sad news about Sinead O'Connor - that should be the main focus, agreed.

As for Morrissey's statement, well...it made me think that he really wouldn't be the Morrissey we've come to know in recent years without having a battle to fight. It practically defines him these days, which is a shame, as it overshadows all of the good stuff he continues to produce (with the odd exception - Notre Dame, I'm looking at you). He's such a talented artist and his music remains vital. I just want to see the boy happy, but I'm not sure he ever will be.

"When someone dies, out come the usual blandishments … as if their death is there to be used. I'm not prepared to do this with Andy."

Morrissey defends a Muslim? RACIST!!!!!

Okay, let him carry on making the traditional posts about XY and X dying, whilst inevitably putting some inane “woe is me” comment in his “eulogy “ (it’s actually allaboutmelogy).
100% spot on and you all know it.

Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.

Wow.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom