Morrissey Central "Last Night In Manchester" (July 1, 2023)

Good lord, a Smiths record gets played ahead of a Saw Doctors gig in Manchester and it warrants a message on Morrissey Central, I wonder if all the other bands whose music was played have updated their web sites with a message saying their music was played before a gig in Manchester?

Are they saying “jumped up country boy”?
Suppose chavs won’t have ever heard of a pantry, will they?

Good lord, a Smiths record gets played ahead of a Saw Doctors gig in Manchester and it warrants a message on Morrissey Central, I wonder if all the other bands whose music was played have updated their web sites with a message saying their music was played before a gig in Manchester?
Small mercies, I guess - at least it wasn't a Spin Doctors gig.

Surface, why always this glass half empty attitude towards almost anything concerning Morrissey?

Sometimes, you even sound like a fan...

Surface, why always this glass half empty attitide towards almost anything concerning Morrissey?

Sometimes, you even sound like a fan...

I don't, I'm quick to say positive things about a gig I've enjoyed or tracks off a new album, however I first saw this chap 38 ish years ago and as well as being a great front man, he was clever and witty, shit like this on MC is neither, it's just pathetic.

I don't, I'm quick to say positive things about a gig I've enjoyed or tracks off a new album, however I first saw this chap 38 ish years ago and as well as being a great front man, he was clever and witty, shit like this on MC is neither, it's just pathetic.
Christ, it's just a tweet from his nephew of young people having a good time singing This Charming Man.

Live and let live I would say.

Are they saying “jumped up country boy”?
Suppose chavs won’t have ever heard of a pantry, will they?
The frontman of The Smyths doesnt know the correct words to Hand in Glove, but apparently they are the country's leading Smiths tribute band. These things dont seem to matter, it appears.

A) why does this warrant being put in the "strange/unexpected" thread, when hearing Smiths songs is a very regular occurrence at many gigs, pubs, club nights in (Greater) Manchester? It's a very normal, every day thing - quite the opposite of a strange or unexpected reference to the Smiths

B) why does this warrant a post on Central? (See above).

Edit: it seems the strange/unexpected references thread is mostly made up of normal and expected references (e.g. Salford Lads Club sharing an Instagram post about the Smiths Room). I thought it'd be something more exciting like a cloud in the shape of Morrissey's head or something.

A) why does this warrant being put in the "strange/unexpected" thread, when hearing Smiths songs is a very regular occurrence at many gigs, pubs, club nights in (Greater) Manchester? It's a very normal, every day thing - quite the opposite of a strange or unexpected reference to the Smiths

B) why does this warrant a post on Central? (See above).

Edit: it seems the strange/unexpected references thread is mostly made up of normal and expected references (e.g. Salford Lads Club sharing an Instagram post about the Smiths Room). I thought it'd be something more exciting like a cloud in the shape of Morrissey's head or something.
IMG_9019.jpeg

Sammy is really feacking reaching for straws with this one, When a lot of bands play Manchester
They make sure the warm up music is Manchester heavy - The smiths, Oasis, Stone Roses , The Fall, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets , New Order and Joy Division mainly.
I guess the reason for the post is to show how popular a M written song still is. Fecking sad thing is, like a few people have pointed out , in the public's mind there are now two M's Smiths /Suedehead type M and older racist M. They do not even connect today's M with Smiths anymore. Sad to say

Sammy is really feacking reaching for straws with this one, When a lot of bands play Manchester
They make sure the warm up music is Manchester heavy - The smiths, Oasis, Stone Roses , The Fall, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets , New Order and Joy Division mainly.
I guess the reason for the post is to show how popular a M written song still is. Fecking sad thing is, like a few people have pointed out , in the public's mind there are now two M's Smiths /Suedehead type M and older racist M. They do not even connect today's M with Smiths anymore. Sad to say

Then again the Smiths was the work of four people, so i'd rather they were remembered this way, a more positive way than being forgotten.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom