True-to-you: Moz denies Twittering.....again!

Part of me wants him to stop acting like an enigma and speak for himself more often but part of me thinks why should we feel entitled to need to know his thoughts on life, shouldn't his artwork speak for itself? And then part of me want him to get a facebook account so he can tell us when he goes poop and what he's having for dinner, so clearly I'm torn on this whole Morrissey Communications Issue. It sucks to be tri-polar.

I think he's just clarifying that it is his PR people who maintain those sites, and not him personally. Any views expressed within are not necessarily his own, etc. TTY remains the "official" source for messages directly from him.

its clearly this.
why are people freaking out? im sure he is embarrassed when there are messages being posted under his name or profile stating that a show was "spectacular". im sure the pr, managment, and/or the label thinks its in his best interest to be involved with all these sites. maybe they are just now realizing that someone needs to be on top of things, updates, news, shows, releases, etc.
also...
they are probably under the assumption that he will draw in a 1000 new fans and that his regular fans want to have this access to him as well. i guess they failed to realize that 1. his music isn't like most commercial teen pop garbage out there. so even if he is on all these sites, its not going to bring in that many new fans. 2. people that are already fans, either dont care at all and just find out a day, week or month later or care so much that they know what color socks he is wearing for the day before he even does! so the sites do nothing.

i love moz for being stubborn and standing his ground on somethings. he probably doesnt care about having a website, myspace, twitter, facebook etc and is annoyed that he is on all these things. why do you think he only goes through tty. he must be hell to deal with for managment and pr.
viva moz!

Last edited:
Oh really Morrissey? So you just didn't tweet:

RT @THE_REAL_MOZ59 OMG! Boz totally just tripped over a wire! lulz!! ^-^

Courtesy of http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_090630_01
So his twitter stream and myspace page, both sanctioned by itsmorrisseysworld.com, are 'bogus'.
Curiouser and curiouser.

There's a big difference between Morrissey's mind and his manager and company opinion about MySpace, Facebook, Twiter and blah,blah.... Well...I think that Morrissey does not like this means to show up his works.

Maybe, for Moz, these pages would not exist and nor the official web page (It's Morrissey's World).

He just wasn't made for these times.

Morrissey is such a beautiful anachronism.
He's also anachronistically beautiful. Which is handy. ;)
I really think Morrissey longs for the days when you had to really work to find out anything about your chosen idols. Imagine the effort required in 1973, in Sretford, to know anything of New York Dolls activities, let alone Jobriath.
Even considering Morrisseys own solo 'reign' - as recently as the early to mid-90s all you really had to go on were the occassional music press interview and rumours here and there. For example, at the dawn of 1991 you didn't know for certain if he would be touring that year, let alone the world tour that eventually unfurled.
It does seem somehow a more magical time, those pre-internet days. (Christ on a bike, I sound old. :crazy:)
But there definitely was something more precious then, as compared with todays tsunami of availability.

He's also anachronistically beautiful. Which is handy. ;)
I really think Morrissey longs for the days when you had to really work to find out anything about your chosen idols. Imagine the effort required in 1973, in Sretford, to know anything of New York Dolls activities, let alone Jobriath.
Even considering Morrisseys own solo 'reign' - as recently as the early to mid-90s all you really had to go on were the occassional music press interview and rumours here and there. For example, at the dawn of 1991 you didn't know for certain if he would be touring that year, let alone the world tour that eventually unfurled.
It does seem somehow a more magical time, those pre-internet days. (Christ on a bike, I sound old. :crazy:)
But there definitely was something more precious then, as compared with todays tsunami of availability.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and surprisingly (as I have spent very little of my life without the internet, readily available information, etc) I agree with it, in many ways. You've hit the nail on the head joe, so I won't elaborate too much. :) Although it is useful to have all this information at our fingertips, it does take away the magic of discovery a bit.
And you sound old? I'm 16 and saying this! :D

I've been thinking about this a lot, and surprisingly (as I have spent very little of my life without the internet, readily available information, etc) I agree with it, in many ways. You've hit the nail on the head joe, so I won't elaborate too much. :) Although it is useful to have all this information at our fingertips, it does take away the magic of discovery a bit.
And you sound old? I'm 16 and saying this! :D

:lbf: Brilliant.
You should start a movement - The New Young Nostalgists; motto ~ 'What do we miss ? Something we never had'! ;)

Back
Top Bottom